I Will Protect You (Xiumin POV)

I Will Protect You

Please play the song while you read this Story ^^

 
 
 
 

I walked around the hospital hallways, carrying pole infusion. I hate being sick, I let out my breath. Here is very boring, every day I have to look toward a white colored wall, eating food that tastes bland and I could smell medicine every where I go. I had two days here, I want to go home, eat something that does not make me nauseous. Until when am I here? I was really bored, I think about what will happen to my laptop which I had not touched for two days. I miss my room, can I get well now? I passed a room with a glass door, I paused. Staring at myself at the clear glass. I did look a little pale, but not as pale as a few days ago. I was admitted to hospital because of anemia, I fainted during gym class. See? You must be thinking how weak I am. Slowly the door opened and a girl with short hair came out of the room, she wearing the same clothes with me or can I can say she was also a patient in the hospital just like me. She tiptoed out, look to the left and right. Then our eyes met, she smiled and I smiled back at her. The most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

"No doctor or nurse here, right?" she said quietly almost whispering. I looked around, the hallway was very quiet and I’m sure no one here other than the two of us.

"I thought no, why?" she grinned, showing her white teeth. I'm curious, what's with this girl. I read the name of the room right above the door of the room was 'Therapy Room'. I chuckled at her

"What are you laughing at?" the girl asked, I just realized she does not look pale, but she looked fine.

"I'm sure, you must want to run away" she immediately ran towards me and covered my mouth with her right hand.

"Ssstttt…. do not tell anyone" I looked at her for a while then nodded slowly. She raised her eyebrows as if telling me to convince her. I stared at her as if to say - do I look like I'm lying? -

"Good, thank you" she removed her hand from my mouth. She then began to take something from her pocket, pulled out two lollipops. She unwrap a lollipop, and eats it. While the other one she gave to me.

"As a thank you" I take it and then she walked away

"Wait!" I walked over to her, being sick makes me a little weak, I hate this. I put the lollipop in my pocket, I'm not interested in sweet things. She stopped walking when she heard me calling her, then she turned around. She looked at me, with her beautiful eyes.

"Your name, what's your name?"

“My name Eunyoung, but I prefer to be called Amber" she replied with a lollipop in . I look at her, watching her from toe to head. She seems fine, she does not look pale or anything. She looks like a normal person, and what is she doing in the therapy room? She still eat her lollipop quietly without any sound, there is not a sound, silence. Sunlight through the window beside us. Wait, since when there is a window there? Ah do not think about it.  Sunlight strikes the two of us, made ​​me feel a little warm. There is not a word that comes out of both of us. Still silent, we are silent but not in an awkward situation and also not in a comfortable situation. As if we were stuck in a strange silence. Not the usual silence that envelop between two strangers who just met. Not also a state of silence between two friends, then what? I was silent and for some reason I enjoyed the silence. I enjoyed how the silence is there between me and Amber, who I've known for even just a few minutes ago. This silence makes me free to look at her face, watching as she blinked. Look, I even pay attention to people who are blinking?

"Ms. Eunyoung! Wait ... you must finish your therapy!" I turned toward the woman who called Eunyoung or I can say Amber. The woman or should I say a nurse come toward us. I looked back at Amber as I raised an eyebrow, looking at her which became a bit panicked. So who knows what she was thinking now, but all I know after it is suddenly she hold my right hand while my left hand is never separated from the IV pole. She then started running towards the elevator and takes me with her. Up front of the elevator door, she immediately pushed the elevator button over and over again harshly. Until finally the door opened, the elevator was empty. Amber got in and I automatically also get into the elevator, because she still pulling my hand. The nurse was walking towards us, but unfortunate for her because the elevator doors slowly closed, leaving the nurse who came after us or more precisely chasing Amber.

"Thank god, you saved me" Amber prays, this time without a lollipop in . Her left hand holds my hand while her right hand held the lollipop, which almost exhausted. Then she pressed the elevator button to the 1st floor.

"Why did you pull me?" Amber looks a bit surprised, as if she was not aware if she pulled me. Then she began to laugh, her laughter echoing in the elevator.

"I do not know" she replied innocently

"I forget, what's your name?" she asked, she still did not take my hand, for some reason I have no desire to release her grip. My hands feel comfortable within her grip, feeling like I want to be like this forever. What was I thinking? I stared at her for a moment

"Uh ... my name is Kim MinSeok" I smiled at her with the best smile I can give. Again, she started eating her lollipop with a nod, the time to reach the first floor was very long. But at least I do not feel tired and bored. I do not know why, even for some reason I expect this time will last longer. I held her hand tightly, staring at the elevator door waiting for the elevator door opens.

DING... we ended up on the 1st floor. I pulled her out and I'm sure, if now she realized that if we both were holding hands. I turned and looked at her. She looked at me, with a very innocent look, she seemed was too innocent for someone like her. Could she stop staring at me with that face?

"Sorry ..." she finally says something from , as if she had finished eating her lollipop. How she can eat it so fast?

"Sorry? For what?" I asked, a little joking. I do not want it turned into an awkward situation.

"I do not know about this" she said then raised her hand that was holding my hand.

"Never mind, do not worry about it. I feel happier if we like this" I replied, somehow, from which part of my brain the words come. Well, I've said it. Her face flushed, I just laugh to see her face turning red. She was innocent, although her appearances like this, but she really innocent girl.

"I'm bored, let's take a walk. I'm fed up with all the smells of medicines here" I walked out, holding Amber hands tightly, I was lucky she did not hit me right away. I think she likes it, I'm right? We walked out, walking in the hospital grounds were quite spacious. She walked beside me, silent and sometimes I see her staring at me.

"Amber ..." I called her softly

"Hmm ...." she just mumbled answer my question

"What are you doing here? I mean, I see you out of the therapy room a few minutes ago. What are you doing there?" Amber smiled, but not the smile that I saw a few minutes ago. Her smile this time as describing a pain in it.

"I do not know ... what I know is to do therapy every day so I can live longer. what's that? Was not in the end I was going to die?" once again she smiled with the same smile.

"But you do not like sick people, you look fine" I replied, and then a few seconds later she pushed my head with her index finger.

"am I had to lay in bed and use the infusion so that I look like a sick person?" I nod

"You’re a fool ..." only those words that I heard from before she walked away from me just like that. And it all comes from there, two days later I was out of the hospital. You should see how sad face Amber that time. Whether what should I do, do I have to come and cry with her or maybe burst into laughter because seeing Amber funny face. I do not know, what can I do just silent while hugging her. Yeah, after that I can say, I and Amber being a little closer. For two days, I am the one who always accompanied her to escape from the therapy room. But until now, also I do not know what Amber did in the therapy room. I also have never seen someone who visited her during hospitalization. She said her parents are too busy with their work that they never noticed her at all. Today I'm going to visit Amber, after two days I did not visit. It’s been 3 months since we know each other. I hope she's not mad at me and threw me from the top of Namsan Tower. You can imagine how horrible Amber when she was angry, right? I shook my head shoo away those thoughts. Then slowly opened the door of Amber room, intending to surprise her. I smiled while holding a bunch of roses and two packs of big lollipop. I entered the room only to find Amber, lying on her bed, I walked slowly toward her. Try not to make bit sound. I look at Amber's face for a moment, did not mean to wake her from her dream. She now really looks like a sick person, now I believe that she was sick. 3 months, is she does not get bored in the hospital? Amber slowly opened her eyes, I smiled for her. Not a smile or a hello she said, but…

"What are you doing here?" she said sarcastically, good she seemed angry at me.

"I know you're mad at me, but look what I brought for you" I show what I bring for her

"You think I'd forgive you if you give me this?" if she was really angry at me, but it seems not. Because a few moments later she smiled

"Well, I'll forgive you" she then took the roses and lollipops that I brought, I chuckled. Amber was never really angry at me, uhm well only a few times. I her head and mussed her hair gently. She was still too innocent, and she has never changed from the beginning of our meeting. Smiled softly at her, she always made me calm when I was near her. However, lately she really does look like a sick person, I mean there are some incident that made ​​me feel sick just looking at it. I've seen her coughing and blood came out from . I can just see it, without know what to do. Let the doctor check it out for a few minutes. And always end up with the protests of the doctor because Amber never did the therapy correctly. I just apologized to the doctor, even her parents do not come to visit her at this moment. Because of this, I promise to protect her, no matter what. Although I have to feel hurt. Because I have a reason to do that, and the reason is because I love her. Although my love came at a bad time. And that’s how my love hurt as soon as I start it. See her get hurt because of illness, I felt as if my heart cut into small parts. I can not do anything about it, I can not force her to do the therapy. And I also believe that therapy will not have any effect without the support of the people closest to her, her parents.

"oppa ..." I snapped out of my thoughts

"Ne?" Amber smiled sweetly at me, put the flowers and lollipops beside her bed.

"Let's take a walk"

"But ..." she begged with her puppy eyes, come on.... and in the end I nodded. We ended up walking in the garden behind the hospital, I saw a child held by his father. They look so happy, I turned to Amber who also noticed the same thing with me.

"The child was lucky, she had a father who care about her" Amber smiled, the same smile, the smile of sadness that sometimes appear from her lips. I really hated that smile, though she smiled, as if her heart still stuck by a sword. She seemed to hold back in pain while forced herself to smile, a fake smile that I hate.

"Stop doing that" Amber silent for a moment

"I ... I miss my parents, my house ..." is she did not hear my words? She was still smiling with that smile. She sobbed, and the tears began to fall. She let the tears fall, without trying to remove the traces of tears. I hugged her, letting her cry in my arms. While occasionally I felt she hit my chest slowly.

"Do they hate me? Why they seemed threw me in here?" she said as she sobbed in tears.

"They do not hate you, I know for sure your parents love you" I tried to calm her down, even though I did not know at all if Amber parents really love her or not.

"You lie ... they hate me" once again she hit my chest slowly. I held her hand so as not to hit me again. I did not feel the pain of being hit by Amber. But my heart ached to see her like this.

"Stop" I said slowly, she still does not stop

"I told you to stop" this time I raised my voice. She stopped, but still sobbing. I hate to see her like this, I really can not see her continue like this. I do not want to make her hurt and down. She has not stopped crying. Every drop of tears coming out of her brown eyes like a scar on me. I could feel what she was feeling right now. Drowning in loneliness, but I would not let her alone. I promise I'll protect her with the rest of my life.

"Even if they hate you, but I will never hate you! and even though your parents not on your side, but I'm always there beside you. I will make you happy, even if I have to hurt. I will protect you with all my life," I said, a little shouting. She was silent, I let go of her hand, and slowly she removes her tears. Still sobbing and she smiled with a sincere smile. She looked up at me, I helped wipe her tears with my thumb.

"I'm sorry ..." she said, I shook my head

"You do not need to apologize. I would have done the same thing if I were you" she smiles, makes me a little relief.

"I do not need anyone, as long as you're always on my side" my cheeks faintly pink and the next thing I know, there is something soft came over my lips. She ... she ... she kissed me. My brain seemed to stop thinking for a moment. By itself my hand moved slowly to embrace her. Her body felt cold, she never feels warm, but I'm still happy. However a moment later, I felt there was something strange, I really felt something strange. I pushed her slowly. Look at her with shock, then touched my lips, felt something strange sticking in my lips. I looked surprised, to see the red liquid which is inherent in my fingers and maybe in my lips too, then look towards Amber and remove the same red liquid on the her lips. Amber laughed softly.

"It is my lipstick?" I shook my head, she was still laughing

"Weird ... why I never remembers if I ever wear lipstick" she laughed, but with a tear coming out of her eyes. Once again wetting her cheeks. I still wipe the blood on Amber lips, I will come to cry. I could not bear to see her like this, more blood out of then she fell on me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The doctor left Amber room, after waiting for a half hour finally I saw the doctor come out of the room. Immediately, I ran to him.

"Is she okay?" I wish there was something that could make me calm. But not, the doctor shook his head with a sad look on his face. I hope this all does not like what I'm thinking.

"I can not do anything ... we just have to wait"

"Doctor pleases... I beg you ..." I knelt down in front of him, the doctor still shaking his head

"You have to be patient kid" The doctor patted me on the shoulder and walked away, whether Amber is that bad? I took a deep breath, trying to keep myself from crying. Stepped my feet into the room, saw Amber sitting on her bed while staring at me.  She smiled weakly, I failed to protect her. I feel like the worst person in the world.

"I do not want to look like this in front of you, I look so weak" I took a chair and sat beside her bed. Holding her hand and kissed her hand softly. More I loved her, more and more injuries I feel. Why? Why is this all happening to me?

"You'll be fine ... trust me. You're a strong person" I'm trying to smile, trying to make her sure of my words. Then she nodded with a smile on her face. I can not read what the smile on her face. Her smile was so cold to me.

"Go to sleep, you need a lot of rest" I made her lay down on her bed, she looked at me with her brown eyes. As if thinking of something and trying to see something in my eye. However, she slowly closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep in her bed. I was sitting next to her bed and held her hand. Trying to give her a little strength, at least make her a little longer with me. Though I know it will not be long. I must always be ready to lose her anytime. Although I feel the unwillingness of my heart, I can not help it. Until nightfall I was not at all moved away, Amber was still asleep in peace. I seemed not daring to turn my face just a few seconds. I'm afraid if I'm careless I'll lose her forever. Although I have to be willing to take her away, still I was afraid to lose her. Amber started moving, she woke up.

"Are you awake?" she did not look at me, but staring out the window there beside her bed with a blank stare. There is no expression from her face. She looks different with a face like that.

"oppa ... Can I ask you something?" she turned towards me, her eyes completely blank.

"Whatever you ask for ... whatever" I replied, trying to find a little feeling in her gaze at me.

"Can you take me to the beach?" This time I found a bit of hope in her eyes

"Okay ... but promise, do not do stupid things" she smiled, there was little warmth in her smile this time. We take the night bus, only a few people on this bus. Amber sat next to the window, kept looking out. Occasionally her eyes illuminated by the lights of the city of Seoul. I carried her off the bus and started toward the beach. I carried her on my back. Again, we did not find anyone on the beach, it was late at night. Shore wind blowing hard, making the air around getting cold.

"oppa ... are you not tired?" Amber asked from behind my neck. I could feel her breath on my neck. Her breath was warm.

"No ... I'll be strong when you're beside me" Amber laughed softly

"Liar" Amber chuckled

"I'm not lying, I swear" I laughed, in the little warm atmosphere

"Do you have a wish?" I walked slowly down the white sand. I can feel her heartbeat from behind my back

"Yes, I have"

"What is your wish?" Amber asked, I'm sure this time she was smiling

"I want forever with you" I replied, honestly it was wish from mine. Wanted to be with her ​​forever, even though I know it's impossible. I also know it will not happen.

"What about you, what is your wish?" I asked, looking a little silhouette of her face from the side of my neck.

"My wishes?" she laughed softly, for some reason I feel her breath getting short.

"I just want to live longer ... so that can realize your wish" This time I felt really fall from a very tall building. Her wish, I felt a trickle of water soaked my neck. She cried again, her breath getting weaker. I could barely feel her heartbeat. Her heartbeat was so weak. She sobbed, in a way that is very painful. I felt a bit of anxiety in my heart, but I'm trying to stay calm. Is it the time? Why so soon? God, do you have to take her go now?

"oppa, saranghae" I can not hold back the tears fall from my eyes. I kept walking, trying to feel the warm breath of my neck. just to make sure she was still with me. Her breath less, which I feel just a cold breeze now.

"nado ...." I replied, sobbing, could not withstand the pain in my heart. No words came out of , there was no heartbeat I felt from behind my back, and I can not feel her breath on my neck again. This time really came, she was gone. She was really gone. Leaving me here, with a thousand sorrows and a thousand happiness. Goodbye my love, I hope one day I will be happiness for you. Did I fail? Did I failed to protect you. If I fail, I'm sorry. I could not keep my promise.

 

 

 

 

TT.TT someone bring a tissue? it's not end yet... i have one chapter more... so wait for it..

(english isn't my first language) and let me think what you think... ^^