Fifth Teaser

Gold - A House of Frost Story

 

 

Fifth Teaser: Rising Stars (part two)

 

 

 

Yonghwa was attending his own affairs, quietly, as he quickly turned the corner to hide beside a potted plant. His eyes twinkled as he bent a little, poking his head around to check if the road was clear. He checked right: nothing. He checked left: also nothing. He checked back right, just to be sure: still nothing. Smiling, he ran to the other wall, flattening himself against the surface, trying to blend into it. He chuckled. Sneaking around was so much fun! Especially when it was about stalking his favorite celebrities.

He came to a door and, looking through the small window, he could see he had found the right one. He had finally tracked the famous break room many debuted artists used instead of the official one. Reaching for his camera, he hid in ambush, waiting for the solo acts of Frost to get out. He looked like a paparazzi, but being 15 years old and 162 cm tall made the whole ‘fan’ act look more cute than creepy.

 

                                

 

JaeLyn quickly walked along the long corridors of Frost. It sure looked smaller when seeing the building from the outside. She reached the announcement board, where she had found out about the audition later today, and went toward the stairs. As she got up the stone steps, she noticed how some of them had caved in. It wasn’t surprising seeing how some trainees liked to exercise while running up and down stairs. Somehow, she couldn’t understand how they willingly accepted to do that. She would rather dance until all her muscles hurt or go play a good game of soccer, outside.

Nodding her head, she got up to the second floor, where sing-oriented training rooms were.

“Heo Miya,” she called softly. “Where are you?”

JaeLyn took a peek in one of the room, noticing there were already people in it. Unlike the dancing rooms that were easily forty square-meters, the singing rooms were small cubicles that barely reached four meters by four meters. Well, there were way more singing rooms than dancing rooms.

JaeLyn apologized to trainees she had interrupted and went on to the next room. There she found her friend who seemed to be immersed in the music she was listening. JaeLyn approached her friend and removed her headphones before putting them on her own ears.

“What is that?” she asked Miya.

“It’s Russian,” Miya answered with a smile. “Can’t you tell?”

JaeLyn slowly shook her head while biting her lower lip.

“It’s okay,” Miya said. “So you heard about the new group right?”

She voluntarily made a pose, looking at her friend to be sure she was following. Miya always had these little gestures. To her it was simply good manners: make sure your interlocutor listens to you before adding information, making poses in case he wants to speak, holding door, bowing ninety degrees… these kinds of things where what she was used doing. The adults always liked it and found her quite polite.

“I think I’ve practiced enough, I may only need to warm my voice later on. Would you like me to listen to you?”

“Yes!” JaeLyn softly exclaimed, happy her friend was that caring.

She went to stand in the middle of the room and began singing an original composition. When she was done, she waited for Miya to give her feedback. The latter took a second to think before talking. She knew her friend was over-analytical and she made it a point of honor to only say constructive critics that couldn’t be badly interpreted.

 

                                

 

Naeun was in a singing room all by herself, currently hunched on a wooden stool, holding lyrics sheets in her hands. Then, all of sudden, she straighten up and taking a second to recall all the words, began singing. The door opened and she jumped, stopping her activity, before warily looking toward the doorframe.

“Bangyeol?” she inquired. “What are you doing here? I thought I told you I was practicing.”

“What am I doing here? You’re the one who called me!”

Naeun’s eyes widen and she reached for her phone in her pocket. Was it possible that maybe…

“Oh non! I did it again! I am so sorry!” Naeun apologized. It seemed it was inevitable that she would pocket dial someone.

“Don’t worry,” Bangyeol smirked, used to it. “You should be glad it was only me. What would you have done if you had called… let’s say… SeoEun? or Jaesung?” He smiled at his statement amused to see her blush and fiddle with her lyrics sheet, nervously.

“I don’t even have their number! You idiot!” With that, she lightly hit his shoulder.

He raised a brow at the lack of pain. Was she really that weak?

“I think you should begin working out, you really hit like a girl,” he joked.

“Yah! I am a girl!” she whined. While she hit him again, harder this time, she thought to herself that maybe she should train more. And not just in muscular strength. How could she be so foolish to think she actually stood a chance in that audition? She was not ready at all! Maybe she should just not show up and wait for the next time…

Bangyeol saw Naeun’s blank expression and the corners of drop a little. While she still technically smiled, he knew that inside her head were all these dark thoughts. He sighed before crouching a little to be on her eye level.

“Listen to me, Yoo Naeun! You are going to go to that audition and you are going to nail it. You are very talented and I am sure you will get in the group.”

Naeun froze and after a second of staring, smiled. He was such a good friend. Somehow, he always knew what to tell her.

 

                                

 

It was almost the time for the audition and Hwang Jimin, sketchbook in one hand, was distractedly walking toward the gymnasium. She had learned of Lee SeoYoung’s plans to debut a girl group and as a long-established member of the Crew, she had been invited to the auditions. In fact, she knew SeoYoung would trust her with the new group’s design concept and she couldn’t wait to get started. It was going to be a first for her, designing for a group. Before, it has always been solo acts, to the point where Frost had even gotten the nickname “Solo Machine”. Of course, a group was different from one person; you had to think of everyone’s personal look and physique and coordinate costumes together, bring out a message out of dozens of clothing pieces… She already had tons of ideas, but she had to see the girls first. That was one of the reasons Jimin was so eager to assist the audition today.

Walking toward the gym’s doors, she could already see some trainees of Frost nervously memorizing lyrics and dance moves they already knew by heart. Some, on the other hand were confidently doing their own business, nothing idol related. Confidence was good, as long as it didn’t made you too cocky, and nervousness was good too, as long as it didn’t made you go to pieces, she decided before entering the gym.

Oh, there was so much to prepare before the audition.

 

                                

 

Yonghwa was disappointed. He had a dance class in a few minutes and he still hadn’t taken a single picture of his favorite artists. It seemed they hadn’t left the room in hours and he had no more time to wait for them. Dragging his feet, he went toward his class, walking in front of the gym. He noticed how there were so many girls waiting to enter and he remembered about the girl group thing. Since he wasn’t ready to debut and since he wasn’t a girl, he hadn’t paid it much attention, but seeing all these people massed in front of the doors he thought it was interesting.

He tried to look at some of the girls’ face and he was surprised. With the same certainty he felt when he first saw JaeSung in ‘The Dreamer’ a few years ago, he knew for sure some of these girls were to become stars.

“Maybe I should get their autograph now…” he thought to himself.

 


 

Author's note

Now, I think I'm pretty much done with the teasers, we can attack the real story. Sorry if you feel like your character hasn't got really developped, I was waiting for the story to start and only develop those that be in Gold.

Be sure to check out the website: http://frostent.wix.com/frost  (I added pretty snowflakes and made a 'crest' kinda. It's more of a logo, I think. But we shall put it on a flag and create a country! XD I'm kidding!)

I'll announce the band members later during the week. Should I do a part where every trainee gets to know if they're in or would you just find it confusing with the names? Should I just jump into the real story?