First Teaser

Gold - A House of Frost Story

 

 

First Teaser: The Audition Announcement

 

 

 

Jeon ChaeSeo stood in front of the board worriedly. She stared at the poster that was hanging on the cork panel and sighed. Yesterday morning, she had woken up earlier than expected and had taken a short walk around the dorm because she didn’t want to wake up her roommates. Her legs had led her in front of the staff room where she had overheard a conversation she technically shouldn’t have. Lee SeoYoung, the CEO of Frost Entertainment, was talking with an employee about the new girl group she was planning on putting together. She had mentioned secret auditions to determine the members. Seeing how all female trainees were ‘highly encouraged’ to show up at the gym later today, ChaeSeo thought maybe it was the time for those auditions.

In fact, ChaeSeo was feeling a little bit conflicted. She had to show up for that audition, it was the opportunity she had waited for all her life. But on the other hand, she didn’t feel right about being the only person to know.

“Is that a sport event?” whispered a cheerless voice.

Surprised, ChaeSeo turned to face Kang Jihye. Petite with big eyes, Jihye had the ‘cute’ aura surrounding her. They both had trained for approximately the same time, but ChaeSeo was four years older. The younger girl eyed her senior anxiously. She wasn’t a big fan of sports. Dance was the only exception.

“I think it’s a secret audition for a girl group,” revealed ChaeSeo.

Jihye’s eyes widened even more than they already were and ChaeSeo wondered how big they could actually get.

“How do you know?” Jihye asked with her small voice and the older girl was forced to spill the beans.

“Really? Then, we have to train. We still have some time left, don’t we?”

“But don’t you feel like it’s cheating if only we know of it?” wondered ChaeSeo.

“Then, how about telling everyone? I can spread the word…” Both girls jumped as Han Woobin had appeared. It was crazy how she was able to surprise them that way given her height… Woobin smiled and pulled out a pen from her bag. She then approached the poster and scribbled at the bottom. It now read “This is a secret audition. You better practice!”

“See,” Woobin said. “Now everyone knows… If it’s true, I had better go practice again.”

She waved goodbye and went toward the dance rooms.

ChaeSeo breathed out relief and smiled at Jihye. “I think I’ll go practice too.”

She went toward the sing-assigned room leaving the smaller girl alone, still staring at the poster. Jihye then seemed to make a decision and took out her phone. “Hello, Jina Unnie? I have good news for you…”

 

                                

 

Jung Jina, hanging up on her friend after a short conversation smiled. Well, that explained why ChaeSeo was not in their dorm yesterday when she woke up… It didn’t really matter because she was able to make breakfast instead of ChaeSeo, but she had found it strange to wake up and not smell food like usual. If the conversation she just had was based on a true story, then she had to go practice!

Jina threw on her sports clothes and took her bag before quickly getting out of her room in direction of the dance-assigned practice rooms. There, she realized that she was not alone and waved to the younger girl who bowed.

“Watched any good movie lately?” Woobin asked her senior.

“Not really,” Jina answered, “I’ve been busy with a contract. I don’t get why you don’t try out to be a model, with your height…”

Woobin laughed while Jina began stretching.

“My first love will always be music. But I guess it could be a good way to promote when I will be part of a group…”

Jina nodded her head understandingly. Then, she quickly stood up and ran to the sound system. She just couldn’t stay put today, ever since she heard about the new group.

“Choreography or improvisation?” she asked the tall, but younger girl.

“Impro,” Woobin agreed.

With a large grin, Jina started her favorite playlist and both girls began dancing.