Wanting

No way, Right?

As Moonhye took her first step out the front door she saw the usual lamppost that stood there but without Kai leaning against it. She should be used to this by now but her heart isn't telling her brain to do so. 

Moonhye caused havoc in her parents' mind. They were beyond surprised to know that their only daughter has asthma but it caused them pain hearing she had it for three years. It discouraged their inner parent, knowing that their child can't tell them everything going on in her life.

Now that Moonhye had finally gotten the whole asthma off her back, she was finally able to focus on Kai. It took her a while for her to figure out that Kai means the whole world to her, more than Kris meant to her in the past. She is going to fix their problem on her own and she's determined to get Kai back and their relationship back.

She stood there, outside Kai's house waiting patiently for Kai to come out through that door. She waited and waited but there was still no presence of Kai. She looked at the time on her phone and it was ten minutes until registration. Moonhye's eyes widened and she started running for her life thinking that Kai must have taken the day off.

Moonhye was breathless when she got to the school gates. Unfortunately, it was already closed. She started to panic and a flash back just played in her head. It was like the time when Kai and her were late for school because they were bickering so much. Usually, Moonhye would just chuckle at the thought but this time, she longed for it. It was better to be bickering with Kai again than not be with him at all. Moonhye smiled and shook her head. Kai, what the hell did you do to make me love you so much? 

She tried climbing over the wall but kept on slipping since there was nothing to give her a boost. Moonhye slumped on the floor and pouted. What was she supposed to do now? The pouty girl circled her finger, pouting at the pavement. A sudden thought popped into her head. What if Kai is in school now? He could've woken up early or something. That was enough to make Moonhye determined.

Moonhye jumped her highest and grabbed unto the top of the wall. She pulled herself up, just enough for her legs to reach the top of the wall as well. Thank the heavens that there was no one around at that point or else she would have died of embarrassment. Moonhye managed to get over the wall safely despite the few scratched on her hands and legs.

She didn't get to catch her breath before she started running towards her classroom. The irony part of it was that her classroom was at the third floor and she was already exhausted once she reached the second floor. When she did reach her classroom, everyone's attention was on her. "Sorry I'm late!" Moonhye used her knees for support and panted.

"Moonhye! You look like you just ran a marathon!" Ms. BoA blinked at the breathless girl. "Go and take your seat."

She bowed to everyone on the way, apologizing. When she got nearer to her seat, a smile crept up her face, seeing that Kai was actually in school. Moonhye gave a small smile to Kai which he saw but looked away as if it never happened. Moonhye slumped on her chair and sighed. It's going to be a long day...

 

For the rest do the day– or rather, week. Moonhye tried her hardest to talk to Kai. She greets and smile to him every time she sees him. During the morning, instead of Kai waiting for Moonhye, it was the opposite; Moonhye was waiting for Kai. During lunch time, Moonhye would always sit at Kai's table and try to make a conversation with him and when he would just ignore, she only gave a weak smile making the Kai's friends pity Moonhye.

Even if Moonhye tried her hardest for her and Kai to speak again, nothing seemed to work. He kept avoiding and ignoring her but that didn't stop Moonhye. She just somehow knew that Kai still has feeling for her. She thinks the whole reason for their break up was only due to Kai being concerned for her. So with that in mind, Moonhye didn't stop.

 

It was lunch time and Moonhye was ready to sit with Exo again and attempt to talk to Kai... again. But when she spotted their usual table, Kai was nowhere to be seen. "Where's Kai?" Moonhye asked.

"Sorry Moonhye we don't know." Kyungsoo replied. 

"I think I saw him walking towards the rooftop though." Sehun added.

"Thank you!" Moonhye beamed and excused herself with a bow.

"Jeez! Kai is such an idiot!" Chen grumbled, "I swear if I didn't support their relationship so much then I would've taken her already!"

"Me too. Moonhye is so cute and sweet. Just look at her trying to fix their relationship whist our retarded friend just ignores her effort." Luhan shook his head.

 

Just as Moonhye expected, Kai was indeed at the rooftop. He was just sitting there, leaning against the barrier with his earphone clinging unto his ears. Moonhye smiled and sat by him. At first, Kai didn't know that she was there since his eyes were closed but when he smelled Moonhye's strawberry shampoo, his eyes widened and turned to his right finding Moonhye staring at him.

"What are you doing?!" Kai flinched and jumped.

"Sitting with you. Why? Am I not aloud to?" Moonhye chuckled. Kai sighed and started to pack his things. "Where are you going?" Moonhye grew flustered. Kai remained silent and just continued walking, ignoring the stouts Moonhye was making.

"Yah!" Moonhye shouted once more, "Are you a coward?! Stop avoiding me!" Kai ignored those shouts as well, "I guess you are a coward! You can't even face me now can't you?!"

Kai flinched and his hands bawled into a fist. He turned around and started speed walking towards Moonhye's direction which scared Moonhye a bit. He pushed her against the barrier with incredible force.

"Can you just shut up!" Kai shouted, "Can you just leave me alone! Don't you see that I don't want anything to do with you?!" He gritted his teeth. Kai pulled away from Moonhye.

Tears were threatening to fall out of Moonhye eyes but she wouldn't let them... Not yet. "Don't you see as well Kai?! I did my best so that our relationship would be fixed! I quit dance club for you! I quit dancing for you!" Moonhye voice croaked, "I quit something I love doing with you because I love you so much that I don't even know why!" Moonhye sighed, calming her down, "Don't you see? I am doing my very best to fight for out relationship but you just keep ignoring me."

Kai clenched his hands into a tight fist, fighting the tears to stop falling. "Then stop fighting Moonhye." He tried to say coldly, "Because I can assure you that I have no intentions on being together again." Kai closed his eyes shut, mentally slapping himself at his cold lie.

"So... So you're leaving me alone then?" Moonhye asked in a monotone.

"Yes"

"You're breaking your promise then?"

"Yes." Kai closed his eyes not wanting to see or think of Moonhye's hurt expression. He dragged his feet away from her and walked out the rooftop door.

The tear that was threatening to fall off, fell. But. Only that tear fell. It wasn't followed by anything else. Not even a whimper. Moonhye just stood there with a cold hard face, staring at the door where Kai had just left.

 


I'M ALIVE!!!! It had been a crappy summer for me lately, spent this week in a white hot hospital Dx. I got my ipad but there was no freaking wifi! I swear if I spent one more day there I could've died. So I just watched EXO's wolf to entertain myself.

When I got back I was freaking out! My tumblr was full of Exo's growl! I saw the teaser and I was like... Urgh! My sister wanted to watch it but I told her it was so she couldn't... Anyways..... Sorry again!