Someone He Never Knew

Your Happiness is All I Need to Ensure

 

He was at the bookstore when he saw her.

 

Seungho was looking for a book for his primary school project, and Yoonjae was waiting idly near the cashier. Then the corner of his slanted eyes caught a face that was a little too familiar.

 

There was a woman. Her hair was shoulder-length, her skin pale contrasting the dark brown blouse she wore. She was someone Yoonjae never got the chance to know. But he could easily guess who she could be.

 

Upon being stared at, she looked up and around, frowning to find Yoonjae, for she didn't know him either. But in a split second her facial expression changed, as the same realization hit her too. Frown turned to surprise, and surprise turned to anger.

 

Anger then turned to raging fury. Mixed with hints of sadness.

 

Those were identical pair of eyes, Yoonjae recognized, but there was a stark difference. Whilst Joonhee's eyes had always been full of affection and love, especially when directed towards him, hers were filled with bitterness and hatred.

 

She walked towards to him, seemingly hesitant to say something but eventually whispered eerily as she was going to passed him.

 

"It is not your fault. I've come to accept it. But I can't ever forgive you. You can't possibly know what I've lost."

 

Just like that she left. Yoonhae's heart clenched, resetted back to the year 2015 when he saw the body of his best friend being swallowed to the ground. They probably could've met then, but both were too clouded by their own loss to care about blamings and apologies.

 

Yoonjae never learnt her name, and maybe that's okay. He hoped they'd never meet again, as it proved to only reopen wounds and scars that would never be completely healed.

 

"Appa? Let's go home?"

 

Seungho's pulls on Yoonjae's trousers finally brought him back to the present day. Sighing, Yoonjae tried to calm his heart down as he took the boy back home.

 


 

-End-

 

A/N: For those who forgot, Joonhee has 8 sisters. Joonhee mentioned to Yoonjae once that the youngest sister is his fraternal twin. I'm going to write another side story from her point of view, because I've been curious on how she'd take all these things happening to her sweet twinnie. So stay tuned :D