Chapter 5

Kiss and Tell

 

 

When Sunny got home she slammed the door and went straight to bed. She thought back to the events that happened earlier and began to cry.

 

The truth was that she loved Taeyeon. She loved her even before Tiffany and she had broken up and she loved her now. However Sunny wasn’t going to be the pathetic loser that went after a girl who only used her. Deep down she knew Taeyeon was just protecting herself from heartache. Sunny understood that, but she wasn’t going to be in such a destructive relationship anymore.

 

“If I could call it that…” Sunny mumbled wiping her tears. “We weren’t in a relationship…”

 

She had stopped sobbing yet the tears still ran down her face. She wiped then violently, angry at her current emotional state.

 

She just couldn’t take sitting there anymore; tossing, turning, and tearing. This surely wasn’t healthy for her sanity. So she did the only thing she thought would take her mind off this; she decided to go for a walk. Outside the weather was frightful so she figured instead she’d walk around her building.

 

She got up and grabbed her sweater and keys, however when she opened the door she found Taeyeon about to knock. There was silence between the two but it wasn’t intentional. Both had so much to say yet they opted to examine each other. They were each equally surprised at the signs that both of them had cried.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath and decided to break the silence. “Hi, Sunny.”

 

“Hello…” Sunny’s voice was just above a whisper, she didn’t know what to make of Taeyeon’s unexpected visit.

 

“Sunny, I-I came to talk to you.”

 

“I can see that.”

 

At that moment Taeyeon knew this would be harder than she thought. She had expected Sunny to welcome her with open arms like she always did. However anyone could see that this time Taeng had screwed up big time.

 

“I’m here to…” Apologizing wasn’t Taeyeon’s forte, she just assumed people would forgive her for her wrong doings, which was one of the reasons Tiffany had broken up with her. “I’m here to say that umm… I-I’m sorry.”

 

“…” Sunny looked up at Taeyeon and sighed. “I accept your apology.”

 

Taeyeon sighed and smiled a bit. She hadn’t had this feeling in a long time. A feeling of getting butterflies talking to someone and being nervous around them.

 

“That’s good ‘caus-“

 

“Taeng!” Sunny interrupted her midsentence. “That doesn’t change anything.”

 

“But Sunny I-“

 

“I’m through being your buddy. It’s that’s not the type of connection I want to have with you.” Sunny felt her eyes tear up again. “I want to have so much more than that. I want to go on dates with you and hold hands when we walk, but you know what I want the most?”

 

“What?” Taeyeon’s voice was a whisper. She felt ashamed of herself.

 

“I want you to be there when I wake up…”

 

 

 

 

 

Jessica had gotten as far as the parking lot before being yanked back into a secluded corner.

 

“Ahhh!!” She flailed and tried to get away but immediately stopped when she heard Tiffany’s voice begging her to calm down.

 

“Jessica! Please relax!” Tiffany yelled, still holding on to her shoulders tightly.

 

“You scared me! I thought I was about to get mugged or or something!” Jessica yelled back. “What is it that you want?”

 

“Besides you?” Jessica instantly turned pink and her heart started to race again. “I wanted to apologize for my behavior. Although I don’t regret the kiss, it was not professional of me at all and for that I am sorry.”

 

“Don’t regret it?!” Jessica spit out angrily. “What would Yuri think!? Oh my god what am I going to tell her! No! What are you going to tell her!” Jessica rambled on in a panic.

 

“Well I don’t think she’ll mind. I’ve mentioned once or twice that you sounded like my type of girl when she told me stories about you.” Tiffany smiled gently yet her grip on Jessica was still tight. She wasn’t going to have her run off again.

 

“WHAT!?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. “What kind of girlfriend are you!? What are your intentions with my Yuri!?”

 

“…” Tiffany looked at Jessica in confusion which later turned into disgust. “Girlfriend? Eww!”

 

“Huh?” Jessica had instantly calmed down and looked at Tiffany with the same confused look she had received from her.

 

“Yuri isn’t my girlfriend Jessica. She’s my cousin.”

 

 

 

 

“Yuri! Will you please let go!” Yoona was exasperated. They had been walking back to their offices when they lights had gone out.

 

“But what if I lose you? It’s too dark…” Yuri had a very big phobia of ghosts. Its was probably the one and only thing she really was afraid of so she had discarded any feelings of distaste directed at Yoona and was holding on to her for her dear life.

 

Yoona on the other hand wasn’t really annoyed at Yuri’s fear. Yoona herself had fears like this. However what did bother her was how she had been feeling. Ever since Yuri called her ‘Princess’ Yoona had been having a hard time getting her out of her head.

 

Never before had Yoona been challenged that way and, although she would rather die than admit it, it excited her. So here she was now having Yuri, whom she had seen half earlier, all over her. She was having conflicting emotions she did not understand and this was slowly making her angrier and angrier.

 

“Yoona, how long do we have to stay here?” Yuri was whispering even though they were the only ones there.

 

“Until the storm passes, you idiot. If you keep asking me that I’m just going to hit you next time.”

 

“But what if that takes hours?! Or maybe even days!?”

 

“Well then I guess we’re stuck with each other until then…”

 

XXXXXXXXX