Chapter 4

Kiss and Tell

“I’ve been wanting to do that all day” Tiffany’s face could tell Jessica she was serious.

 

If she were being honest to herself Jessica would admit that she felt the same. However every time she thought of Tiffany in any inappropriate way Yuri’s face came into her head.

 

“. I can’t do this.” Jessica stood abruptly and gathered her things she walked out as fast as she could, ignoring Tiffany’s voice as it called out to her.

 

 

 

 

Sunny entered the small restaurant on the other side of town. She went to the back where there was a private room set up for VIP guests. She sat down and began to look around nervously. Sunny wasn’t the type of person to be nervous around anyone; however this was a special occasion.

 

She waited and waited until she heard the door slam and stood up. She put on a smile and turned to greet her date.

 

“Hello! I’m….Sunny…” She was caught off guard when she was greeted by a familiar face and an irresistible smirk she had grown to both hate and love. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Well Sunny, after all we’ve done together, that’s how you welcome me?”

 

“Listen Taeyeon, I’ve got a date so I would appreciate it if you would leave.” Sunny’s smile was long gone and had been replaced by a pout that would put any man to his knees.

 

“Why are you even dating anyone? You’re love life is definitely fabulous.” Taeyeon had a haughty look on her face.

 

“Oh and what makes you say that?”

 

“Well you get to hook up with me don’t you?”

 

Sunny scoffed. “I am so sick of you…”

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow. “That’s not what you were saying last weekend. Oops. I mean screaming.” Taeyeon her lips at the memory of the two in her apartment the week before.

 

“I can’t take you anymore.” Taeyeon was surprised at how Sunny didn’t even blink. With her suggestive comments she usually would get a reaction she liked; maybe a cute blush or a little pout. Today though, she could see Sunny meant business.

 

“And why is that?” Taeyeon’s voice was a little rougher, a little angrier than before.

 

“Because, I’m not a replacement. I liked you. I really really did. But being a friend with benefits and a substitute for your ex is not a relationship I want to be in.” Sunny’s face twisted into disgust, something Taeyeon had never seen directed to her from the girl. Taeyeon took comfort in Sunny’s adoration. After her nasty break up with Tiffany Sunny had lent her a shoulder to cry on, an ear to listen, and a bed to sleep in.

 

Taeyeon vowed to herself that she would never feel like that again and so closing herself off seemed like the best way to do so. What she hadn’t realized is that she’d totally screwed Sunny in the process.

 

“So you don’t like being with me? Is that it?” Taeyeon said accusingly.

 

“No. That’s the thing… I love being with you. That’s why it hurts so much when you treat me like your personal punching bag. I have to take all your bad emotions…” Sunny had a heartbreakingly sad smile on her face. This made even the now stone hearted Taeyeon crack just a bit. “It hadn’t occurred to me until now that I never get your good ones. I’m always there when you’re sad and angry but I’m not the person you share your love and happiness with. You just dish out the bad and go live up the good but never bring me along.”

 

“…”

 

“I won’t be treated that way babe. I don’t deserve to be treated that way…” Sunny caressed Taeyeon’s cheek one last time. “Goodbye…”

 

 

 

 

It was now late afternoon and well over closing time yet Yuri was still sitting at her desk finishing the mountains of paperwork Yoona had set out for her.

 

“I can’t believe this…” Yuri said as she continued to type up all of Yoona’s written documents and notes. Yuri was pretty sure she was the only one left. Even the janitor had come to check on her and let her know most of the staff had gone home. That was about two hours ago.

 

The wind outside had picked up and Yuri saw her lights flicker. She was scared and decided she should probably head home. As she picked up her coat and purse the wind had speed up even more. There was a ghastly sound filling the office building as the wind hit its walls. The lights flickered more violently making Yuri break into a run. As she reached the front door she stopped to look at the scene outside.

 

“I wouldn’t go out there if I were you.”

 

“Oh My God!!” Yuri turned to look at Yoona standing behind her.  “Jesus you scared me!”

 

“Frightened of the storm out there, are you?”

 

“… more like the witch in here….” Yuri said under her breathe.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing…”

 

There was an awkward silence until a loud bang was heard. “Ahh!”

 

Yuri moved dangerously close to Yoona. If there was one thing that frightened Yuri, it was ghosts. Yoona on the other hand was rather uncomfortable with their closeness although she noticed she didn’t exactly hate it.

 

“Umm… I think we should wait until the storm passes.”

 

“You mean in here… with the flickering lights… and the weird noises… alone…” Yuri looked around a bit terrified.

 

“Yes. Or would you rather be out in the storm.” Yoona rolled her eyes at Yuri’s irrational fear.

 

“Yoona, it’s scary in here.” Yuri held on to Yoona’s arm tightly as she spoke. Yoona was bit flustered by Yuri for two reasons. One, she was holding on to her tightly and Two, it was the first time Yuri had ever called Yoona by her first name.

 

“W-well… we’re s-stuck here for now.”