The End

The Day To Remember.

Tiffany looked at the photo frame and stared for a few seconds. The longer she stared, the more the tears threaten to fall.

The photo was taken on their fourth anniversary. They were smiling happily towards the camera with a bouquet of rose in her hands.

Holding the tears back, she smiled and wept away those that formed around her eyes.

“I can’t believe how fast time flies.”

 

 

Four years ago…

Tiffany stared into the darkness of the Han River. Usually it was the perfect place to go; whether you’re going with your family, girlfriend/boyfriend and friends.

However, to her, it was definitely not perfect place for a breakup.

“Taejun-ah,” Tiffany looked into Taejun’s eyes desperately. She would do anything to save their relationship. “If it’s my fault, I can change for you.” She clung tightly onto his hands, not wanting to let go.

“Tiffany…” Taejun hesitated for a moment, “It’s not your fault. It’s actually mine. I don’t feel anything about us anymore.”

“What do you mean you don’t feel anything about us?”

Taejun shook his head and pulled away from Tiffany’s grip. “You’re a beautiful woman, Fany-ah. You will find someone who loves you more than I do.”

Tiffany stood there, taking in his words. Watching her reaction, Taejun couldn’t face her like this.

“Sorry Tiffany.” He pulled her in for one last hug, before releasing her and walking away, leaving a zombie-like Tiffany behind.

 

 

Siwon was a barista working in a nearby café located by the Han River. He would usually notice Tiffany and her boyfriend coming in to café and having a short break and chat before leaving.

He would always notice Tiffany’s eyesmile that she gave to her boyfriend who didn’t really seem interested in her.

‘Does he really love her?’ he found himself pondering on day when he saw the duo again. Some part of him wanted to go straight to her and tell him what he felt about her boyfriend.

But isn’t it wrong to break someone’s relationship?

He pushed that thought away and hid it in some corner of his mind before going back to work.

 

On the same night Tiffany’s boyfriend had broken up with her, Siwon had worked night shift and was the last to leave the café. He wanted to take a stroll around the Han River and coincidentally, he saw that familiar figure from afar.

Tiffany. His heart did a little dance when he recognized her face. He wondered why she was alone on a night like this.

But before he could get an answer, he saw what Tiffany was trying to do – Jumping into the river.

“Hey!!!” he reached out and ran forward for her.

 

Tiffany standing by the river with the picture of Taejun and her in her hands, she looked up into the sky and pondered what she had done wrong.

‘You did nothing wrong.’ A little voice in her head answered.

Tiffany nodded. She wanted to take one last glimpse at the picture but instead went falling down into the river.

She wanted to take it back but the next thing she knew, a large body knocked into her causing her to fall back to the ground.

She grunted from the pain and narrowed her eyes to look at the person who assaulted her. “Yah! What are you trying-”

“Miss, I’m sorry but whatever you do you shouldn’t jump into the river and throw your life away like this.” The mysterious man blabbered quickly.

Tiffany stoned for a few seconds before turning into a laughing fit. This guy actually thought she wanted to commit suicide?

“What are you laughing at, miss?” Siwon gave her a weird look before helping her up.

 

After Tiffany calmed herself, she explained the whole story to Siwon, who turned different shades of red from embarrassment.

“So, I’m actually not jumping into the river.” Tiffany laughed at his red face.

Siwon nodded and rubbed his neck awkwardly. “Um… I actually thought you were trying to…”

Tiffany shook her head and laughed again.

Her laughter seemed to make Siwon’s heart flutter just from hearing it.

“Maybe I was actually trying to die too!” Tiffany joked and laughed but stopped after getting no response from the taller guy.

“Oh, I haven’t had your name yet!” she remembered, trying to bring about another conversation.

“I’m Siwon. Choi Siwon.” Siwon flashed his best smile.

Tiffany smiled back, “Tiffany Hwang Miyoung.”

 

Siwon couldn’t believe how someone like Taejun would actually want to break up with Tiffany.

She was so pretty in his eyes and definitely everybody’s eyes. The way she smiles and laugh brings him so much joy. Also, her long brown hair was one trait that attracted him to her.

For him to describe Tiffany in one word, it would probably be: Flawless.

He watched as she talked about her past with her ex-boyfriend and felt something weird in his chest. Was it jealous? He couldn’t tell.

Half the time she was talking, he wondered how it felt to wrap his arms around her and kiss her on the lips.

“Tiffany-ssi, it’s his loss to lose such a beautiful girl like you.” He told her after she kept quiet for a few seconds.

 

Tiffany didn’t know why but being complimented by another guy other than Taejun felt different.

Her heart and mind seemed to have stopped functioning after hearing those words come out of his mouth. Part of her wanted to cry and another part wanted to die of embarrassment right away.

She couldn’t face the right words to say and just stared at him dumbfounded until he pulled her up.

“Come on,” Siwon smiled and intertwined their fingers together, “Let’s have a memorable time together!”

 

Siwon didn’t know what exactly he was doing, he just took her hand and let his heart took control. First, he brought her to a place where they had bicycle rentals.

It was freaking 10:30pm at night and the rental shop was almost closing for the day. But seeing Siwon’s insistence, they let him have it.

“Tiffany-ssi, have your ever rode a bicycle?” he asked and the latter shook her head. He suddenly had a terrific idea.

“Then you better hold on tight.” He smirked and rode off after Tiffany had sat behind him.

 

‘YAH CHOI SI WON!” Tiffany screamed her lungs out. Siwon had ridden so fast that her hair as fly messily and covering her face while she grabbed onto his waist tightly.

“Slow down!” she begged and plastered her face against his back.

Feeling the sudden contact, Siwon’s face slowly grew hot. “Alright.” He said and slowed down.

They quickly came to a stop at the water fountain where they walked in silence in the company of the moon and the stars in the night sky.

“Ah, I didn’t know Han River was that pretty.” Tiffany smiled and took a deep breathe in.

“It always has been. But with you around, it seems prettier.” Siwon replied softly.

Tiffany felt her face heat up and was glad that it was dark so he couldn’t see the blush creeping onto the face.

“Are you always a sweet-talker?” Tiffany questioned which Siwon returned with a lop-sided grin.

“Probably not. I think it’s because of you.”

Tiffany laughed and sat down on the concrete ground, heaving a sigh of relieve.

“Everything feels better now. After the bicycle ride and crazy screaming.” She said, staring right at the water fountain, even though the words were directed at Siwon.

Siwon smiled and his heart warmed up upon hearing those words. With one last idea in his mind, he looked over at Tiffany and asked.

“Have you ever been kissed in the rain?”

“I haven’t.”

“Do you want to know how it feels?”

Tiffany stopped and pondered over the question. How does it feels to be kissed in the rain. “I don’t know. Maybe I do but-”

The next thing she knew, her body was soaking wet and she felt Siwon’s eyes staring right through hers.

“How would you react if I were to kiss you now?”

“I don’t know…” Tiffany replied in an almost inaudible voice.

Slowly, Siwon leaning closer, his eyes lingered back and forth between those lip and eyes.

“You’re beautiful, Miyoung.”

And that, Tiffany felt something pressed against her lips.

Siwon had kissed her.

 

Even though she had just broken up a few hours ago, Tiffany found this kiss absolutely undeniable. When Siwon had his lips on hers, she couldn’t deny she felt fireworks exploding in her.

She felt dizzy and spellbound. Everything seems to be blocked out from her – like how she wasn’t supposed to feel her heart racing she fast after hours of heartbreaking up.

Still, she couldn’t stop herself from feeling this way.

She was definitely swept away by Siwon.

 

Siwon smiled when she returned the kiss. He actually felt like a jerk if he kissed her. One because Tiffany had just broken up and two, he didn’t know whether it did it on impulse or with a straight mind.

When he pulled away, he saw her smiling, which made him felt that he had a chance; a chance of being with her.

“Tiffany…” Siwon softened and pulled her close, they were still in between the water fountains with a soaking wet body.

“I love you.” he managed to say those three forbidden words out.

Tiffany smiled and lied against his chest, her heart fluttered when she heard the way his heartbeat was beating. She knew it was because of her. She made him felt this way.

“I love you too, Siwon.”

 

After laughing and breaking the silence, they walked out of the fountain with wet body and crazy hairstyles. Lucky it was almost twelve midnight and there weren’t many people around.

“Let’s head home, shall we?” Siwon asked while playing with Tiffany fingers.

“Your house or mine?”

“Does it even matter?”

 

Back to the present

“Alright now, stop crying.” Siwon cooed and bring her in for a hug.

Tiffany nodded and dried her tears, she gave tried to muster her brightest smile for him.

“You’re be the most beautiful bride tomorrow. So don’t cry. I wouldn’t want to marry a woman with dark circles.” Siwon teased and pinched her cheeks.

She slapped his arms away and didn’t a small frown. “Don’t you dare not marry me.” She playfully threatened.

 

 

I shall not mark this complete. Hahaha. Who knows i might want to continue this one-shot. :p