The Fateful Day

Rosemary Blue

Lee Teuk was awaken by the ring on his cell phone,as he tried to it among the files in front of him. He didn't know that he has fallen asleep while reviewing. He finally found it and saw that it is already half past two in the morning. He has been reviewing really hard this last few days for the exam will be just in a couple of days. This is his future,and he will damn if he gamble his future just like that,especially now that he is going to have a family soon...

As he answered the phone Kang In slurred voice came in ..."Teuk, are you home ?" he asked.

"Yes, Kang In don't tell me again. " Lee Teuk answered.

"No...listen to me...just this once. I promised you this will be the last. " he said. "They are gonna be after me,please help me."

"And the last one too. " he said in desperation. He is tired and sleepy and he is not up to in driving all the way to the city.

"You are the only that can help me...They are going to beat me up,if I don't come up with money. I promise I am going to pay you back,I beg you," and then the sound of a bug guy on the phone... "You better get that money or else....or this will be the last of you. " the man said.

"Yes...he is coming....please don't hurt me..." Kang In voice  wen through.. as he also heard a sound...a crashing sound...

"Kang In,,,Kang In....Tell them I am coming,,,let me talk to them..."  as Kang In gave the phone to the other guy.

"You better come here or you won't see your friends beautiful face," as he hung up on Lee Teuk.

Lee Teuk was so shocked at what he heard,and it seems this time....Kang In is really in trouble. He rushed to change and put on a jeans and tee shirl, as he took his wallet.He doesn't know how much money Kang In will be needing...as he took all his cash and stashed them all in his wallet. He rushed in his car...He better get there soon,before they hurt his friend.

Lee Teuk was so anxious ,he just knew that he has to get there as soon as possible,as he turned in the corner, he didn't see the coming truck as it slammed his car, all he saw was bright lights and then total darkness.......

---------------------------------------------

Tae Yeon was waken up by the ringing of his phone. She wondered who could be calling her at this time. She looked at the time and it is past three o clock. And it is the hospital, Is there some sort of emergency ,that is why the hospital is calling her....

"Tae Yeon......you have to come in ." Yuri ,one of her friend,who works in Emergency Room was calling her.

"Yuri ? Why are you calling me ? Do you know what time it is ?" Tae Yeon asked.

"You have to come now....it is Lee Teuk " she answered,her voice stammering. But Lee Teuk is at home and reviewing,what is she saying. She even talked to him before going to bed.

"But....he is home..." a she started getting afraid...and didn't know that her eyes has started to tear already....

"Now,Tae Yeon. Just come over here. " she said as she hung up and before that she could hear the commotion on the background...as her heart started hammering so fast as she changed her clothes....

Tae Yeon didn't know how she get to the hospital. She went straight to the Emergency Room,and then met Yuri on the way. She doesn;t have to say anything....the tears on her eyes has told it all....

"What happen to Lee Teuk ? What happen to him ?" as she asked.

"There was an accident, and he was pinned in the car....It is too late...." as she hugged her friend,and Tae Yeon wailed, as the truth came to her...Her Lee Teuk is gone...and she was not even by his side.....

"Where is he ? I need to see him...I need to talk to him. He can't leave me yet...No No No." as she rushed to the roomwhere Lee Teuk body lays.....and Yesung just got there as he stared in his cousin's body in shock...He just stared there,as if the time stood still.Lee Teuk can't be dead... There must be a mistake...it is just a big mistake...he kept telling himself....as Tae Yeon came in as they looked at each other and then Yesung took Tae Yeon in his arms...both of them crying...as they try to take and accept the truth in front of them....that Lee Teuk,the person that they both loved ,is now all gone....as tears came freely for both of them....