Banner.

N.A.P oneshots!

"Hana, tul, set.. Annyeong haseyo, Teen Top imnida. Kamsahamnida."

Bows. Smiles. Waves. Crowd cheers.

This happens almost everyday for all six of them. Tiring, exhausting, yet seeing the light lavender sea makes them happy. As much as they keep their attention so they can perform at their best, their eyes still wander here and there when they're on stage. Looking at the lavender color, their identity, and the Angels. Lightsticks. Balloons. Banners.

 

Banners.

These are one of the things that the kids love. Angels have amazing creativity at making these and they love to see what the fans come up with. At every stage. Every performance. Every fansigning. Some of them are simple. Cute little banners with fluorescent colors writing their individual names or even all of them at one as Teen Top, enough to grab their attention at a certain close distance. Some make their confidences boost up through the roof; about how cool L.Joe is, how cute Ricky is, how hot Changjo is, how amazing Niel is, how charming Chunji is, or how adorable C.A.P is. Some are just, well, straight marriage proposals.

Of all six teenagers that like to point out any interesting banners in front of them, the leader is the one who cares the least. It's not that he doesn't care about the fans, he just doesn't show his feelings that much. He's been criticized here and there at how he treats his fans, but Minsoo is Minsoo. He doesn't like to be as cheesy as Byunghun or Jonghyun, all that matter is that he loves Angels and Angels love him. That's it. When the other five kids of his busy commenting random banners with colorful hangul and love signs here and there, he will just stand there, while sometimes replying to what his kids show him; perhaps interesting boards of him, or something specifically funny.

 

Which is why, that day at the fansigning, Niel raises his eyebrows seeing the leader talks to a cute fangirl with a deer hairband for a while before moving the same girl's banner under his desk. Niel has been feeling uneasy because he has to sit on the furthest seat from Minsoo, the company wants to try out a new pairing and CapRick seems promising, and every single move that he makes tickles Niel's curiosity, but this feels really weird. He looks at the other four bandmates and they all exchange glances. They know something is wrong; since when Minsoo cares about banners? Is it because she's pretty? Well, she's cute.. But it can't be. No, not my Minsoo.

The day comes to an end and all six of them walk back to their van with Minsoo still grabbing tight on the banner, now covered in plastic preventing the other to find out what's on it. Niel sulks. He finds himself stuck on the backseat with the leader and tries his best to avoid Minsoo despite the distance of them both doesn't support Niel on doing so. The loud laughter and chatter from the four other teenagers dies down when Niel lets out a not-so-soft whisper to the older man beside him.

 

"Is she really that pretty?"

Minsoo's eyes are fixed on Niel while the latter tries to focus on what's going on outside the window, but they both feel the attention is now on both of them.

"Huh? Nugu?"

"What's in there?"

"In what?"

"Who are you??"

"I'm Min-- yah Daniel what's going on??"

".....Nothing."

"Daniel-ah.."

The thin hand  moves across Minsoo's body, grabbing the plastic bag harshly. Words don't work on Minsoo now, he has to see it by himself. Minsoo grabs it back, and definitely wins the situation, leaving Niel with his eyes growing bigger out of anger. And jealousy.

"What's so special about that girl?!"

"What girl??"

"That banner!"

"What's with the banner??"

"You. That deer. Plastic. You. HER!"

It's clear that Niel is no longer has his clear mind; he just babbles few words while pointing out everywhere with his voice louder at every words.

"Daniel-ah you're killing me what the hell is going on??"

"The banner, pabo. Niel hyung is curious about the banner."

All eyes move to the maknae at the passenger seat. He can't stand the situation any longer.

"AH! Why can't you just say so??"

Even the manager feels like throwing his shoe at Minsoo for his obliviousness. But he can't. He knows well that throwing shoes while driving will be dangerous.

"So you want to see the banner, Daniel-ah?"

"Shut up and show me already."

Chuckles. Minsoo pulls out the thick board out to reveal it to angry Niel, suddenly making him gasps a little and turning his face blushing red. As if on cue, Byunghun, Changhyun, and Chanhee move their head to the backseat at the same time, feeling their curiosity almost burst out from their chests.

"Hey don't forget me here, guys. Pass it here."

Jonghyun request is responded by an "awww" by three of his hyungs, with a laughter and a "Pabo Minsoo.." by none other than Byunghun. This grows Jonghyun's curiousity even more and he pulls his tiny hyung to the side to reveal the banner.

 

That banner is colorful, like every other banner they normally see, with roman letters in neon yellow, black background as the contrast, and hearts here and there in other neon colors, surrounding one huge word in the middle of it; "N.A.P <3" and some tiny pictures of both of them under the letters.

 

"Yah." is all Jonghyun can say before he gives the banner back to his hyung. Niel refuses to look at the grinning Chanhee and the banner that he holds, so the older gives it back to Minsoo who can't stop smiling and ends up poking Niel's arms repeatedly.

"Why did you show it to me?"

"Didn't you ask for it?"

"B-- well.."

"What do you think?"

Niel answers in a unique way; he puts the banner back in the plastic bag and clings to Minsoo's arms leaning his head on the older's shoulder, all while keep his blushing face.

 

"Why didn't we see that kind of banner more often?"

"Because people prefer Chunjoe, hyung."