THe Beginning

The Purple Plague

 

“Why is it even called Purple plague?” Jeongmin joked, “Did they run out of colors to name diseases?”

 

“Shush, this is a serious manner,” Donghyun demanded, yes Seoul was in the middle of a plague. It has been spreading quickly and citizens were strongly recommended that they stay inside. The members of Boyfriend were boarded up in their dorm for the past three days and food was getting short. The next day those who weren’t tainted by the plague are going to be sent to an isolated shelter.

 

“Kwangmin’s still is coughing…” Youngmin came out of his room worried, “Yet he has no signs of the plague,”

 

“Don’t worry, he’s probably fine,” Hyunseong reassured him, “Probably just a common cold?”

 

“But if the guards hear him coughing then they will kick him out,”

 

“You know I can hear all of you,” Kwangmin mumbled, “Just leave me here, it would save time anyways,”

 

“No! We will not leave anyone in this time. You’ve been coughing even before this dreaded disease started, I highly doubt you have the black plague.” Fumed Donghyun. He was in charge of everyone since he was the leader and it put a lot of pressure on the man.

 

“Calm down hyung, we are just saying what if. If Kwangmin were to cough in front of the guards and we are all inside what would happen to him?” Minwoo finally spoke up after watching all the commotion.

 

“I don’t know…”

 

“Like I said let me stay here and you all can be safe, it probably is the purple plague anyways,” Kwangmin was still shouting from his room.

 

“We can’t just leave you,” Youngmin whispered. No one heard him though because of a loud alarm from outside.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“I don’t know let me see…” Donghyun went to the window of the dorm and looked out the window.

 

ATTENTION ATTENTION

LOCKDOWN WILL BE EARLIER THAN EXPECTED

PLEASE PROCEED TO THE NEARST DOME

 

“Nearest dome…?” The five boys barley turned their heads when they saw many domes. Each was a dull silver and only had one exit and one entrance. Many people were already filing into them while men in protective suits kept the sick away from them.

 

“Let’s go,” Donghyun ordered.

 

“But what about Kwangmin?”

 

“We would just have to take him and see what happens…” Kwangmin wasn’t that weak. He was mostly coughing, but really loudly that if anyone outside could hear him they might take him away right out of the dorm.

 

~~~

“What do you mean he can’t get in?” Donghyun thundered. The others have already gone in so Donghyun was left with Kwangmin in case something happened.

 

“Sir, this man is coughing which can lead to the Purple plague. He cannot go into the shelter,”

 

“Hold up, you’re telling me you’re going to let a 17 year old out here with all these diseased people just because he’s COUGHING?”

 

“It’s a sign of the purple plague,”

 

“Sign of the-“ Donghyun was cut short until two more guards picked him up and forced him into the dome, “Wait. Wait! WAIT! Kwangmin run to the dorm quickly once we get out we will try to find you right away okay?” Kwangmin was left alone forced to stay out. He knew this was going to happen yet he was still shocked. Kwangmin walked toward his dorm until he heard a sound.

 

“Well I didn’t want to be in that stupid shelter of yours anyways! I can be out here myself,” Kwangmin recognized the voice a little. Could it be?

 

“Key hyung?”

 

“Huh? Oh Kwangminnie! You weren’t allowed in the dome either? That’s okay we can survive together! Somehow…”

 

“Why weren’t you allowed in the shelter hyung?”

 

“I really have no idea, maybe the security just doesn’t like me? But at least I can take care of you; someone so young shouldn’t be out here all alone. Where are we headed?”

“Donghyun hyung said to go to the dorm, we still have some food and we should go hide before looters come.” The two walked in silence the rest of the way to the dorm.

 

~~~

“YOU LEFT KWANGMIN ALL ALONE? OUT THERE? WITH ALL THOSE DISEASED PEOPLE? HOW COULD YOU HYUNG?” Youngmin was furious at his leader, he left his twin out with no one to take care of him.

 

“Youngmin I did all I could,”

 

“Well all you did wasn’t enough was it? Considering he’s STILL OUT THERE,” Hot angry tears were starting to form on Youngmin eyes, “You know what? Don’t talk to me.”

 

The domes were only the entrance of the shelter. Apparently there was an underground shelter. Many rooms formed around it and it looked like it was fit millions of people. The member decided to split up see if they can find any relatives.

 

“Kwangmin, I hope you’re okay.”