Want to know the truth?

Memories of the Forsaken

Over the next few days, he often visited the café and met up with Arianna.

 

But compared to the first time they met, he noticed many things…

 

  1. Sometimes she’d be a talker but sometimes she’d be as quiet as a mouse…
  2. Sometimes, she looked so abnormally pale, other times, she’d be rosy pink…
  3. Sometimes, she spoke so slowly and politely, sometimes, she talked so fast, she could’ve bit her tongue in the process…
  4. Sometimes, she was bubbly and cheerful, other times, she would be very quiet and say nothing at all…

 

Henry thought it was weird… It’s like she’s another person or something… Hey, maybe she was possessed? Who knows…?

 

But a couple of weeks later, he noticed that she stopped coming. It was strange. He tried looking for her in school to find out she stopped coming to school too.

 

Those times, he’d just sit at their usual spot alone, watching what’s outside the window…

 

One day, he got tired of waiting. It’s not like they decided a time and date to meet anyway. They just happen to be there and meet! So why should he be disappointed he couldn’t see her anymore, right?

 

‘Whether she’s coming or not, I’ll sit around and drink coffee alone myself!’ he thought with much confidence. He knew it’d be lonely to drink the coffee alone. But, what the heck! It’s his decision!

 

As he arrived at the café after class, he couldn’t help but smile as he saw the girl sitting on their usually spot, looking around.

 

He took a deep breath before entering the café.

 

“Hey!” Henry greeted.

 

“Hey…” she greeted back with a smile that had a sad feeling to it.

 

“What happened to you?” he asked, taking a seat.

 

“Oh, that? My sister… Died” she replied, a smile still plastered on her face.

 

“I’m sorry for your lost…” he said in a sad tone.

 

“Nah… I-It’s okay… ‘Cuz I know she’s living in heaven with no regrets…” she said, looking up to the clouds… Then, her face lit up like she remembered something.

 

“Here! She wanted me to give this to you!” she said, handing over a medium sized box to Henry.

 

“Huh? But I never met… Her…” he saw a picture of twins on top of the box.

 

Do you… Want to know the truth?