Friendship Anniversary

Since Then...

The school bell rang. *Well, it's time to go home.* I packed my bag and left the class. As I headed out the door, I felt someone push ahead of me. I looked at the person running and apparently it was Mir oppa. *Hmm. That's strange of him. He usually doesn't just run off like that. I wonder what's gotten into him.* I tilted my head in confusion and just shrugged it off. *He probably has a legit reason.* I continued to walk up to the school gates so I wouldn't be late for the bus. When I finally reached the bus stop, someone grabbed my shoulder. I jumped. Terrified, I looked back and shoved the person down without even thinking. *Oh .* It was Mir. But surprisingly... he wasn't alone.

"Ahem." I looked down with wide eyes as I just realised what I did. "So you're just going to leave me on the floor?" I looked down again to see his hand out for me to grab it.

"Mianhae oppa." I grabbed his hand and helped him up. "Aish." Mir dusted himself off. "It's alright. If it wasn't you then I would've knocked you out." He gave me a cheeky smile and stuck his tongue out. "Mehrong~" *Idiot* I mentally face-palmed myself and shook my head.

"Oppa, what are they doing here?" I looked up and saw SHINee in the flesh standing right behind Mir.

"Well, I better not mess with you in the future. You have pretty good reflexes." Onew giggled and I just stared at him baffled. "You saw all that?" He nodded. I scratched my head in embarrassment and laughed it off. *Aish Heesun-ah... you pabo*

"So what are you guys doing here? Do you take the same bus as me and Mir oppa?" Taemin shook his head. "Huh? Then what are you doing? You guys should be getting home. You've had a long day at school." I asked in conern that they were tired from all the attention they've been getting. Not to mention that some kids may question me for being near them again.

"We... are going to the park!" Jonghyun said excitedly. I noticed that he had something hidden behind his back. "What's that you have there Jonghyun?" He put one finger on his lips. "It's a secret." He gave me a little wink and I pouted. I looked over to Minho who just rolled his eyes. *Is he goin to be like that forever.* Then I looked back at Jonghyun. "Fine. But whose idea was this in the first place?" Everyone pointed to Mir. *Aigoo*

"Yeah... It's all me I guess." Mir gave a sheepish smile but eventually looked over to Taemin and pointed. "But he helped!"

Taemin gave a small smile and giggled. "Yah Cheolyong hyung! It's rude to point! And yup. I helped with it. That's why he was in a rush. But it was my idea from the start. That's why Jonghyun hyung has the-" Key came over to shut his mouth.

"You're seriously going to tell her what hyung has?" Taemin shook his head with wide eyes and Key nodded. "Good." He let go of the poor maknaes mouth and pointed at him. "It's. A. Secret!" Key gave him a strong death glare and Taemin just stood there looking as scared as ever. Key automatically looked at me with a fake smile and waved his hand. "Kaja Heesun. Follow us."

I walked behind the guys with Taemin. "You alright?" I looked at him and he was still scared for some reason. "It's nothing. Kibum hyung is like that about secrets, promises and other confidential stuff." He sighed.

"It's this tragic backstory he had. But I don't blame him. All of us has a backstory. The reason why Onew smiles a lot, why Minho doesn't talk as much, why Key is short tempered, why Jonghyun cares from a far distance and why I'm... always excited and happy." I stared at him surprised that he opened up so easily. His eyes were sincere. It almost looked as if he was going to cry.

He realised me staring at him and laughed. "Nothing to be surpirised about. To me... it's all natural." He stared up into the cloudy, blue sky with a big smile on his face with his hand behind his back. "I..." Taemin stared at me confused. "I... want to get to know you guys better." Taemin looked at me with a soft smile. "And why is that?" 

"Well... you all have a story. I want to know those stories so that when we become closer, I will always know what to do in situations that you're in. Trust me. I would know how you feel." *When they tell me they're stories, I'll tell them mine.* I looked up at Taemin who was just smiling. "Alright. I trust you with our secrets." I smiled with wide eyes.

Taemin stopped in his tracks and stared at me. His eyes were directly staring into mine. It was like he could see right through me. Soon enough he was leaning in and reaching for my face. *Oh My God, Oh My God, Oh My God!* My heart was thumping loud. Butterflies in my stomach. My heart felt like it was loud enough to cause an earthquake. Before he leaned in closer, someone wrecked the moment.

"WE'RE HERE!" Onew yelled out with a massive grin on his face *Great... and just when I was beginning to like it.*

I looked around and gazed at the scenery. "Wow. This is really... something." Mir saw my surprised face and walked over to me.

He put his arm over my shoulder. "You seriously don't remember what day it is today?" *What does he mean? What day is it today? It's the middle of Autumn.* "Uhh... Yes?" I didn't know how to answer since he sounded really serious. He just laughed at my awkwardness.

"Today was the first time we became best friends. And today, is the first time you've met SHINee. So next year, you better be ready for a friendship anniversary arasso?" He walked off giggling *That just happened... right?*

"Heesun-sshi, aren't you coming?" I turned around to see a small picnic set up under a tree. *So that's what Jonghyun had...* "You guys set all this up?" They all nodded and beamed bright smiles.

"Happy friendship anniversary my little penguin princess." Mir stood up with opened arms. I was about to tear up at the sight of the picnic set up. Usually, Mir and I would just go out for some shopping but today... It was special. I walked over to Mir and hugged him tightly. Tighter than usual. Before I knew it, I started tearing up.

"Ten years Heesun. Ten very special years together as friends. They've been special because I got to spend them with you. And on the tenth year, you've met new friends along the way. I'm happy for you and for the both of us. Saranghae penguin." Mir said softly in the sweetest voice. "Saranhae Mir oppa..." I wiped away my tears on his shirt and smiled.

"Excuse me! What about us? It's our nine hour anniversary." I lifted my head past Mir's shoulder to see Key pouting with his hands on his hips. *Aigoo he's actually really cute when he pouts.*

I let go of Mir and walked over to SHINee who were sitting down 'awwing' at me and Mir's moment. "Happy nine hour anniversary SHINee oppa's." I smiled and filled up their cups with soft drinks.

"Cheers to our new friendship! Even after nine hours of knowing Mir and Heesun!" Onew cheered proudly as we all put our cups in the air including Minho. "Better make that ten hyung." Jonghyun tapped his watch. "Fine. Happy ten hour anniversary." We all cheered again and laughed at Onew who had to announce the anniversary twice.

"So Heesun..." Taemin suddenly said "You said you wanted to know us better right?" Everyone stared at the maknae with wide eyes "Well since we've known each other for ten hours now, I guess we can tell you." All eyes were suddenly on me. I gulped, scared that Taemin revealed too much but all their eyes turned back to the maknae. "Uhh... I think we can save it for another time..." I said quietly. Taemin nodded. "Suit yourself. Let's eat now!" Everyone nodded and ate till their hearts content. I stared at everyone having a good time. I took a quick glimpse at Minho and I caught him staring at me. He turned his head and ducked down, eating more than before. *Cute. He's shy*

=====================

It was already getting late. We decided to pack everything up and go home. "You'll be alright by yourself right?" Jonghyun asked concerned. "Nae. Don't worry. I'm used to it." I gave him an assuring smile and he pinched my cheeks. "Alright. I trust you." I walked off to the bus stop by myself because Mir had to go to his grandparents place which was on the other side of the park. I turned back and saw the SHINee oppa's walking off in the distance. Before they were out of my sight, I decided to yell. "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SHINee OPPA'S!" They heard me and waved back. "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HEESUN!" I smiled and walked along the pathway until I reached the bus stop.

It was getting really cold and windy. I started to shiver wishing that Mir was with me. Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. Thinking it was someone waiting for the bus as well, I ignored. I heard them again. I got slightly scared so I turned around to see a cat walking in the seats. "Aish you thing. You scared me to death." It didn't move. I decided to sit next to it. "So... you here alone?" It still didn't move. "Well today was very special to me. I hope today was special for you too little kitty." I pet its head and it walked off. 

"What the hell am I doing? Talking to cats. I'm really stupid sometimes." I face-palmed myself and stared off into the distance. *And thanks so much mother nature for making me freeze.* I rubbed my hand together trying to warm myself up like this morning. "Nothing seems to work when I'm warming myself up doesn't it?" I said to myself. I gave up and just sat there. Suddenly, someone put a jacket over me. I turned to see who it was thinking it was Mir.

"Long time no see, Shin Heesun."

"K-Kiseop..."