Her Laugh

Her Smile, Her Laugh, Her Kisses

Her Laugh
Word count:
1027 words

Changmin and Sooyoung have been the best of friends since Sooyoung got accepted as a trainee in SM Entertainment. Although they’re both very close, their relationship with each other is a secret. It was mostly her choice. She was scared about what could possibly happen if the maknae of the Gods of The East was seen with one of the members of Girls’ Generation. Gossips, Rumours and scandals will be piling in and she doesn’t want that!

 

Changmin doesn’t mind and only a few people know about their relationships.

 

One is Jaejoong hyung after the pair went for a walk to have a chat but then it started raining. The nearest shelter was the guys’ dorms so, thinking that no one would be there that day, Changmin ran to the dorms with Sooyoung only to find out that the eldest had gone home as he had already finished his schedules. It wasn’t very nice seeing your hyung in the dorm when you’re soaking wet and holding hands with a girl. Luckily, the other members weren’t home yet and Jaejoong promised that he would keep it a secret, even to Yunho.

 

The other one was Hyoyeon. When Changmin and Sooyoung had their first argument, Sooyoung could only turn to the mother-like Hyoyeon. Let’s just say that Sooyoung used very detailed descriptions about who the guy was and being the intelligent girl Hyoyeon was, she realised that the boy was no other than Shim Changmin. After all, who else would have the guts to steal food from a Shikshin other than another shikshin? “I can’t tell you who he is Unnie b-but… H-he ate my food! After like 5 minutes of telling him not to! He even p-promised me he wouldn’t eat it! H-how can he do that! How can someone do that?!”

 

Now they’re having their monthly ‘hang out’ day in the guys’ dorms. It used to be a weekly  thing however, with DBSK’s tight schedule in Korea and Japan and SNSD’s debut, they’ve decided that it was better if they do it once a month. It was hard to get used to the idea at first however, after a couple of months, they finally got used to seeing each other once a month. Although they rarely see each other, they would still be texting and phoning each other and accidently bumping into each other  backstage when DBSK is in Korea (Although Changmin didn’t like that idea as he noticed how Sooyoung was becoming stronger and stronger each day. Plus, his shoulders were starting to hurt.)

 

Sooyoung was lying on the couch while Changmin sat on the floor. Everytime Sooyoung came to the dorm, she’d always run to the couch as if she owned it. Changmin didn’t really care because he got used to sitting on the floor while the other members would constantly fight over who sits on the couch.

 

They silently watched the baseball game. Well, Changmin was silent as always while Sooyoung shouted random nonsense in front of the TV. “Yah! Kim Kwang-Hyun! You better make a home run! Don’t let Korea down!”

 

He secretly loved it when Sooyoung was being like this. He loved how her expressions quickly changes in a matter of seconds. First she’d be smiling, and then she’d be angry and then the next second, she’d be sad and pouting and would even look like she’s about to cry.

 

“WHY KIM KWANG HYUN! WHY?!” Sooyoung suddenly cried loudly. Changmin jumped at how loud she was. His eyes then travelled to the TV screen to see Kwang Hyun was walking out of the baseball field. Changmin stared at Sooyoung as she looked down in utter disappointment, tears slowly b through her eyes.

 

He shook his head and sighed. He then grabbed the remote and turned the screen off. “Sooyoung-ah, crying about that is useless. It’s only a game!“

 

“B-but still,” Sooyoung tried to explain but couldn’t think of a reason why. Changmin sighed. This always happens when they watch a baseball game. However, because of all the years he has known Sooyoung, he knows exactly just how to make her happy.

 

“Fine, we’ll have a Harry Potter marathon,” Changmin mumbled inaudibly hoping Sooyoung wouldn’t hear it. However Sooyoung who has an excellent hearing, heard every word.

 

“Wait, w-what did you say?” She replied, trying to make sure she heard it right as she wiped her tears with the back of her hands. Changmin shook his head. He really didn’t want to watch Harry Potter for the millionth time but he rather see his best friend happy than seeing her crying over that baseball player.

 

“I SAID FINE! HARRY POTTER MARATHON IT IS!” Changmin shouted making Sooyoung gasp and grin in excitement. She stood up and jumped in happiness before running to his DVD collection and grabbing 7 of his Harry Potter films. Changmin could only shake his head in disagreement. He seriously didn’t want this.

 

“See! I knew you were going to back out!”  Sooyoung said in glee as she sat besides the DVD player, placing the first DVD inside. “’We’re not watching Harry Potter today’ my ! You can never win to the most powerful girl in the world named, Choi Sooyoung! Mwahahahaaha!”

 

Changmin nodded as if he didn’t really care. At times like this, he wishes that his best friend wasn’t obsessed with Harry Potter. But then again, he was obsessed with Harry Potter too and without her, he wouldn’t have anyone to talk about it (after Yunho put up the ‘No Harry Potter Spazzing’ rule in their dorms).

 

The moment the DVD started to play, Sooyoung ran towards Changmin clinging onto his arms. She softly nuzzled her head on his shoulders like she always does whenever they have their Harry Potter Marathon.

 

“Look Minnie! It’s starting!” Sooyoung giggled in excitement making Changmin laugh at how cute his best friend is. He wishes that time would stop at times like this. He just loves seeing her happy... hearing her laughs and giggles and it’s one of the reasons that he loves her.

 

Although Changmin adores her happy, sad, angry expressions...

 

...her giggles and laughter would always bring joy in his life.

 

End.