Facing the enemy

D'Avenir High School

"Dara! Honey! Did you slept well?" as soon as I walked out of my room Lay put his hand on my shoulders.
"What do you want, Lay?" I stepped aside.
"Are you mad at me? At ME?" Lay put his hands dramatically in front of his chest.
"Jesus..." I rolled eyes. "Just leave me alone!" I bypassed the annoying guy and continued my way. Lay followed me.
"Look, Dara... We didn't wanted to scare you. We just wanted to introduce ourselves."
"Oh, yeah! And that's why you kidnap people from their rooms and take them to strange places..." I turned back to him.
"Believe me! We didn't wanted to scare you! It's just sometimes Kris is like that..."
"I don't want to listen!" I raised my hand in front of his face. I tried to leave but Lay stopped me.
"Come on, Dara! Don't be mad! At least don't be mad at me! Please! You know I'm telling the truth. We didn't had bad intentions. All of "The Gods" are very good persons! Dara-a!" Lay made a sad face. "How can you possibly be mad at me? At ME?!"
I admit - he sounded really convincing. And his cute sad expression...Kh...How can I be bying this?!
"Okay! Okay! I wont be mad at you! But you and your friends - don't do this again! " I said and I left for my first class.
I guess that I hadn't a reason to be angry with Lay. After all he wasn't the leader of "The Gods". That Wu Fan guy was, or Kris, or whatever his name was...Maybe every school needs a idiots like "The Gods", even a school like D'Avenir.
"Hey, Dara!" I heard a familiar voice. Park Bom.
"Hi, Bom!" I smiled.
"How are you? Those jerks didn't talk to again, did they?"
I didn't wanted to tell her that Lay was with me a minute ago. And that I'm not mad at him anymore...Maybe I wasn't mad at Luhan, too. I don't know! None of them had done something bad to me or to Eun Hye. The only persons that was angry with were Kris and Tao. Khh!!!! Bad people!
"Dara?" Bom waved her hand in front of my face, because I didn't respond to her right away...
"Hm? Oh! No, they haven't talked to me! Everything's fine!" I smiled. "I have to go in class."
"Oh, yeah! Me too..."
We said "bye" and we went to our classrooms.
This was my second day in D'Avenir High School. Everything was almost the same like in my old school - the teachers were fashion terrorists, they were talking correctly, they were watching us severely, they questioned us about the lessons and they were giving homeworks...A lot of homeworks! The students...Well they were the same, too, except that here each of us had an ability. As far as I can tell about the school itself - it was fine, except (of course there are always exceptions) the high walls that were surrounding it's yard; except it's unknown location and it's mysterious director...
My first class was English. Great! At least I'm good at it!
I looked around the classroom to find my place. After all I was entering this room for the first time since my arrival in this place.
My name-plate was standing on one of the front desks, which surprised me. Until now my place in the classrooms was in the middle or almost in the back. However, I sat on my place and took my schoolbooks out. A note fell from my notebook.
"Wait me in the gym after classes..."
OK! First - who wrote that? Second - how and when he or she put it in my notebook? Third - what we are going to do at gymnasium? And forth - should I go there?
"Hey, newbie!" Luhan sat next to me.
"What?" I asked rudely.
"Gee, you're so bad today! What have I done to you?"
"You and "The Gods" - I don't want to see you near me or my friends!" I pointed at Luhan.
"I'm sorry...Lay said that..."
"Lay? What did Lay said? Lately I can see him all around me..."
"Gee! You're so grumpy today!"
"Oh, I'm sorry! I'm not being kidnapped everyday by strange-looking boys!" I rolled my eyes madly.
"Well..."
"Good morning, students!" the teacher entered and Luhan didn't continued his sentence.
I couldn't listen to what Miss Chemberlain was saying. My thoughts were all pointing in the direction of the mysterious note. Who did send it? Should I tell Eun Hye about that? I looked at her. Eun Hye was supporting her head with her left hand and she was hardly keeping her eyes open. Maybe I shouldn't tell her anything...
"Aah!" I smashed my forehead on the desk.
"Is everything OK, miss Park?" asked Miss Chemberlain.
I felt all eyes pointed at me. Ah, so embarrassing!
"Yeah! Everything's fine!"
"Maybe the lesson is difficult for you?"
"No! Not at all!"
"Then, will you explain it to us?"
"Uh..." I was just going to stand up, when the teacher stopped me.
"Stay there!" she said, watching me severely. "I know you can explain the lesson!" she smiled widely and placed her glasses.
OKAY! All of the teachers have strange personalities, that's for sure! They are acting weird...

The classes passed quickly. My heart, however, it was beating quicker. I had decided to go to the gym. I wanted to know what was this all about.
"Hey, Dara!" yelled Eun Hye. "Wait!"
"I can't, Eun Hye. I'm in a hurry!"
"To where?"
"Uuh...Um...Bom wanted to talk with me." I lied.
"Are you sure it's that? Isn't there something else that you want to tell me?" Eun Hye changed her voice to calm and alluring.
"Okay, okay! I'm going to the gym." I said. "Uuh..." I put my hands on my mouth.
"The gym? What are you going to do there?"
"It doesn't matter! Bye!" I yelled and run to the gymnasium.
Why, the hell, did I told her where I was going?! She convinced me to tell her so easily...
"Don't think about that now, Dara!" I said to my self and shook my head.
I went in the gym. It was dark. I didn't knew from where to put the lights on so I continued my way in the darkness.
I was standing in the middle of sports ground and I was looking around. Was this some kind of a joke?
"Why did I even came?" I muttered and I was just going to leave when I heard a voice.
"So you came?" asked the voice. It sounded familiar but I didn't knew where I have heard it.
"Why don't you show yourself, whoever you are?" I threw my bag on the ground. If he wanted to fight with me then - let's fight! ... And then, a memory struck my mind. My conversation with Tiffany when we met.
"The whole school talks about you....
About me? Why?
Your specialty is martial arts and here's only one person who is here with this kind of ability...
Oh, yeah? So what?
He might ask you to fight with him..."

"AHA! " I ed. "Tao, show yourself." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and I waited.
After a while I noticed a basketball ball flying toward me. I didn't moved aside on time and it hit me in the face.
"Ouch!" I yelled, faltering back.
"Are you OK?" Tao showed up with a wide smile on his face.
"Perfect!" I frowned. "What do you want Tao?"
"To fight with you..."
"I guessed that... But why?"
"To prove that I'm the best martial artist here!"
"And that's why you are going to fight with a girl?" I chuckled.
"Shut up!" hissed Tao.
We started to fight. I thought that he will be more gentle and that he wasn't going to hit me with so much strength, but it appears that I was wrong. That's why I started showing my martial art abilities too. Well...they were pathetic compared to his.
Tao was extremely fast and his hits were painful.
"It's good that my Sensei (=teacher) can't see me right now. He would kill me if he sees that I can't protect myself." I thought, as I was avoiding a few of Tao's hits.
"Come on! You said you're really good, let's see you!" Tao pulled himself aside.
"I have never said that!"
"Who cares? You're a fighter, and I'm a fighter...Let see who's the better one!" Tao attacked me again.
This time I started to hit painfully too! I wasn't that bad, but I admit that Tao was great!
"Enough!" I yelled and I pulled myself back. "You're the better one, OK?" I put down my guard, which was a bad idea, because when I did that Tao knocked me down with a kick in the abdomen. That was extremely powerful kick. I tried to catch my breath...I even got a blood leaking from my mouth.
"Are you crazy?" I yelled. "How can you hit me like that? What kind of fighter are you if you attack your opponent who is with his guard down?"
"Hey, you are the one who wasn't careful!" smiled Tao.
"You're awful!" I stood up and pushed him.
"You deserved it!" hissed Tao.
"I wont let this like that, Tao!" I got closer to him and looked him straight in the eyes. Tao was taller then me which made my threat to sound pathetic, but who cares?! I was pissed and I wanted to kill him. Well...It looks like I wont have this chance.
"Dara!" I heard Eun Hye.
"Eun Hye?!" I turned back and Tao stepped back.
There were standing Eun Hye, Tiffany, Bom and the guys from "The Gods".
"What are you doing?" asked Luhan with a concerned expression. "Tao, are you crazy?" he yelled when he saw the blood on my mouth.
"I'm fine!" I muttered and I left.
"Dara, wait!" the girls yelled and followed me.
"Did you fought?" Xiu Min asked.
"She was all covered in blood. Do you think that they kissed each-other or something?" replied Luhan.
"Hey, don't talk to me like that! I'm not the one who beat your class-mate!" Xiu Min pushed Luhan.
"Guys, stop!" Chen stood between them. "Bro, how can you do such thing to a girl?" he looked at Tao.
"Stop being so annoying!" Tao tried to leave but Lay grabbed him on the shoulder.
"You hit a girl...What man are you? " he asked and let go of Tao's shoulder.
"On the ring, in a battle, on a battle-fields the genders don't matter!" Tao clenched his teeth and turned his back on his friends.
Kris was leaning on the wall near the entrance and he was watching with interest the happening. When Tao passed him he said:
"Look, I really like what you did to Dara, but I think it would be better if you apologize to her."
Tao rolled his eyes and went to his dorm.

Meanwhile:

"Dara, are you okay?" Tiffany yelled one more time from the other side of the door.
I had locked myself in the bathroom. I didn't wanted to talk with nobody. I switched the sink's faucet and started to wash my face from the blood.
"Wont you open the door?" I heard Bom's voice.
"Guys, just leave me!" I leaned desperately on the wall.
"Wait a sec..." said Eun Hye to Tiffany and Bom. "Are you sure that you don't want to go out?" she asked. Her voice had become again seducing and calm. "I know you want it!"
I unlocked the door. The three girls entered.
"How are you always succeeding in making me to do what you want me to do?" I looked Eun Hye.
"Manipulation!" she smiled widely. "That's my ability!"
"Cool! But stop manipulating me!" I wrinkled my eye-brows.
Suddenly Tiffany hugged me tightly.
"Dara, are you okay? "
"Yes, yes!" I chuckled.
"You're lying!" said Bom. "The truth is that you're mad at your self, right Dara?"
My smile disappeared. Bom was amazingly right! I guess that's why people didn't hang out with her a lot, because it's not really nice to be read like an open book.
"Yeah, that's right!" I said quietly.
I went out of the bathroom and sat on my bed. "I don't mind being beaten up by a boy. Even if he didn't hit me more gently. I really don't care about that! It's just..."
"You don't want to be here..." Bom continued my sentence and I nodded.
"This is too much for me! I had other plans for my life, I didn't wanted to be stuck in this place, without knowing where actually am I; I can't get used to the fact that I live in a place where everyone are some sort of a wunderkinds; the teachers want from us to improve our abilities, but I don't care about that! I don't even know what my abilities are, and they for sure are not the martial arts....I want my normal life back, or at least I want to know what is going on here. What's this school, where is it situated and why we are not allowed to speak with our parents. I want answers! That's what I want!
My three friends exchanged glances.
"We...We want that too..." admitted Tiffany.
"I thought that I should get used to my life here, but I can't keep on pretending that I don't mind being here, 'cuz I do!" said Eun Hye.
"I reconciled with the fact that I'm here...I tried to escape, but..." Bom sat next to me.
"I guess everyone wants to get out of here..." Tiffany leaned on Eun Hye's desk.
"It's sad that we can't do nothing about it. We can just sit here and wait with many questions popping in our heads..."

The next couple of days I avoided Lay and Luhan, who was trying to make me talk with them. I've had enough with cliques and idiots like "The Gods". I don't to mess with them anymore. And besides - they weren't the friends of a girl's dreams...
"Dara!" I heard Tao's voice, right before I enter my class. I turned around and I saw him leaning on the wall. His stare was evil like always. I didn't payed him any attention and I entered the classroom.
"Come! I want to speak with you!" he entered after me and pulled me by the wrist.
"I don't want to talk with you!" I pulled myself aside.
"Come!" hissed Tao and squeezed my wrist tightly.
"Let me go!"
"Hey!" Eun Hye stepped in. "If she says to let her go, just do it!"
"That's between me and Sandara!" hissed again Tao.
"Good day, students!" the teacher entered. "Oh..." he stopped when he saw me, Eun Hye and Tao in the middle of the room, ready for fight.
"When I say to come with me - you'll come!" said Tao and pulled me outside.
"But..But...Miss Park, Mr Huang..." yelled behind us the teacher, but Tao continued pulling me to somewhere.
He pushed me in the restroom and closed the door behind him.
"What do you want, Tao?" I crossed my arms. "I don't want to speak with you nor your clique!"
"Stop acting so combative!" he got angry.
"Why? Are you going to hit me again?"
"Stop with that!"
"Just say, what you have for saying and let me go in class!" I urged Tao.
"I wanted to...Uh...Um..."
"I thought so! You're just wasting my time!" I tried to leave.
"I...I'm sorry!" said Tao and I stopped at a place. "I'm sorry!" he repeated. "I shouldn't have hit you so badly..."
"Whatever!" I rolled eyes and I opened the door, ready to go out.
Tao pulled me by the hand.
"What? Won't you accept my apologize?"
"I don't have that intention! I'm done with messing up with you..." I pulled my hand back and went in class.
"Aah!" growled Tao. "Crazy women!"

Our last period was Sports. I was glad about that, because I could play basketball with Tiffany. But when I entered the gym I saw Tao, Chen and Kris. All of my good emotions faded away.
"What are they doing here?" I asked Tiffany when I saw her.
"They're my class-mates. Didn't you knew?"
"No, obviously!"
I decided to not mind them and I just took the basketball ball and went to play with Tiffany.
"Do you mind, if we join?" Chen asked. Right behind him were standing Tao and Kris.
"Yes!" I said rudely.
"Come on! We're just going to play basketball. It's not like we're going to eat you or something!" said Kris.
I looked at Tiffany. I wanted to know what does she think about the idea but she just raised her shoulders.
"Good..." I agreed. "But we need another player."
"I'll play!" Luhan showed up from somewhere.
We split into two teams - my, Tiff and Luhan in the one, and Tao, Chen and Kris in the other.
We started to play. Kris was really good. As well as the others from his team.
"Khh...It's not fair!" I rolled my eyes.
"Dara, here!" I heard Tiffany and I threw the ball at her. But, she didn't expected the ball and she couldn't catch it on time. Kris gabbed it quickly and scored.
"Why did you passed it to me?" asked Tiffany.
"You said "Here". Why weren't you ready?"
"I didn't said anything! I..." Tiffany looked at the four boys, who were giggling, like old gossip grand-mothers. "It was you!" she pointed at Kris. "That's so unfair!"
"I haven't done nothing against the game's rules." Kris lifted up his hands.
Tiffany saw my confused look and she explained.
"Kris imitates voices..."
"Wow! That's really cool!" I ed.
"Mhm..." he nodded. "Everything in me is cool!" Kris raised his shoulders innocently.
"Oh, God!" I took the ball and threw it fast toward him. "Come on, let's continue the game!"

"Hey! Won't you speak to me anymore?" asked Tao when I passed him.
I didn't responded.
"Hey! I'm talking to you!" he yelled. The boys and Tiffany stopped the game. They sat on the ground and looked at us with interest. "I apologized to you once, what more do you want?"
"I don't want nothing from you! Oh! Maybe just one thing - Stop talking to me!"
"What your problem?" Tao got near me.
"You!" I pointed at him.
"What have I done?"
"Beside that you beat me up? Well..."
"Oh, Jesus!" Tao rolled his eyes. He pulled me toward him and kissed me. "I said that I'm sorry, but you don't listen..." he smiled at me.
Everybody widened their eyes and I ... I didn't knew how to react. I had turned red and I was looking Tao really confused. He was just staying right in front of me and he was smiling...

 


Author: OK, guys! Sorry for the late update. It's just I lost my muse for this story...But I'll try to update when I can... There's a lot a pressure in school >< You know how it is...