Surprise!

D'Avenir High School

Friday - another day in school, and then - weekend! Only the thought for rest was keeping me on my legs and leaded me to "East-Seoul High School". I was there for first year, but this school has nothing different from the other schools - the same short-tempered teachers, who are watching us over their glasses with a finger put on their chin and shaking their heads disapprovingly; the same students, separated in groups and saying bad words to each and every one who they don't like; the same subjects, only - more difficult; the same boring school uniforms, which makes you feel like a prisoner. Isn't the life in school like a fairy-tale?

"Jang Ri In - 56 points out of 100." our English teacher was giving us back our tests. "Kim Dong Hae - 73 points out of 100...Park Sandara - 100 points out of 100."
"That is so unfair!" Lee Suzy got angry. "How is it possible, that she always have perfect results at the English tests?"
"Why are you asking me, Suzy?" the teacher smiled and put into place her glasses.
"It's more than clear that she is cheating!" Jun Yoon Ho stepped into the conversation.
I didn't said anything. The truth is that I really don't know how I get full score at the language tests. I was rarely studying. Maybe it was my spacial talent, but what is making me worried is that I can understand French and I haven't read a word in French in my life. I'm never going to forget that day when I was at Lotte Land, (which is an amusement park here in Seoul) and a French couple was standing in the queue for the rollercoaster. They were arguing and I understood the whole scolding. Anyways... As I was saying - I was rarely studying, so I guess that languages are sort of my ability, which is developing on it's own in my brain.

"Hey, you freak!" yelled somebody in the hall. I decided to keep on going and not to mind the annoying voice of Lee Suzy. "I'm talking to you!" she said and tapped my shoulder.
"What do you want Suzy?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.
"Next time you are going to help me and my friends with the English test!"
"And why should I do that?"
"Because I say so! You are nobody in this school, that's why you have to listen and do as I say!"
Everything swam before my eyes. Who the hell does she think she is? I started to roll up my sleeves. I was just going to hit her and...

I woke up in unknown room. Over me has bent brown-haired girl and she was watching me.
"What the hell?" I stood up fast and hit my head in hers.
"Hey!" she yelled and put her hand on her forehead.
"Who are you? Where am I?" I looked around in panic, as I massaged my forehead.
"I am Yoon Eun Hye! You?" the girl in front of me smiled nicely and reached her hand, to shake hands with me.
"Where am I?" I asked, as I took her soft hand in mine.
"Nice to meet you, Where am I!" she laughed. "You are in D'Avenir High School."
"D'Avenir as in...future?"
"Yes! How do you know? Have you studied French?"
"I don't know...I'm not sure." I said, as I looked at the window. "What am I doing in your room?"
"We're room-mates." Eun Hye smiled more widely.
"Why? What am I doing here?" the questions were running in my head like contestants in the Olympic games. How is it possible in one moment I'm about to beat my evil school-mate and in the next moment I wake up in some room, which goes together with a room-mate? What about my parents? They were going to freak out! "Is here any phone? I have to call my parents!"
"Wait a second! You have so many questions!" Eun Hye made with her hands a "time-out" sign. "First of all - you probably have special abilities that's why you're here. Second - No, there are no phones here. And lastly - your parents know you're here, because you here with their permission."
"But...How come? They would never do something without asking me first!"
"Come with me! I want to show you the school. We have 45 minutes until the first class." Eun Hye opened the wardrobe, which was near the bed where I woke up. I guess, it was mine. "First - put your uniform! The principal wont be pleased to see you wearing your own clothes."
I started to dress up. Maybe I should first see the school with my eyes and then ask questions. And probably this questions have to be pointed at the principal. But this later. First - the school...
"And by the way, I'm Sandara. Park Sandara." I said to Eun Hye, as she was looking at me like I was a Korean idol and she was a crazy fan.
"Cool!" she replied and we both went out the room.
The halls were squeaky clean and there weren't many students in them. There were only 4 girls, who were talking silently and their girly laugh was the only thing we could hear.
"Where is everyone?" I asked. I wasn't used to watch empty school-halls. It was new for me.
"Outside! Come!" Eun Hye took my hand and started to pull me to somewhere.
The school yard was enormous! There was grass, gardens with flowers, benches, even a fountain! "Close your mouth!" laughed Eun Hye.
"What is this place? If we take out the teachers, the students, the uniforms and the school it self, this doesn't look like a school at all!" I looked around.
"I must explain you about the cliques..." started Eun Hye.
"No! I don't want to listen! I've had enough of this cliques!"
"But..."
"Shh!" I put my finger on Eun Hye's mouth.
"Okay then! Want to see something else?"
"I want to see the principal!"
"You can't! Students can visit him only if he call them. Nobody has the right to go to his office, nor the floor, where it's situated."
"Why?"
"That's the rules!"
"But I have so many questions!"
"Save them for some other time! You can start to write them down, because new questions will come up to your mind. Come on, let's go in class." Eun Hye entered the school.
"Wait!" I yelled and went after her. At the entrance I bumped in a red-haired girl.
"Hey! Be careful!" she yelled.
"Sorry!" I said without looking her in the eyes and hurried up to catch up with Eun Hye.
"Can't you give me some answers?" I asked.
"It depends...What do you want to know?"
"As for start..."
"Wait! Not now! We have to go in class." Eun Hye pulled me and took me in a laboratory. "We have chemistry!" she said.
"Awesome!" I rolled annoyingly my eyes.
The laboratory was big and there were desks put in different height. Every student has it's own name-plate on the desk, where he or she was sitting. I looked around and I saw mine. I sat on my place and continued looking around the place. There was a place for a laboratory work where the teacher's desk was. Near my desk, there were shelves with all sorts of test-tubes, measures, microscopes, liquids and all sorts of other chemistry and strange-looking stuff.
"This school so updated! The principal must be a rich man!" I said to myself. "I wonder, who sponsors it?"
"Nobody!" said someone behind me. I looked back.
Behind me was sitting a tiny, blond-haired boy. I was looking like a baby and had a sweet childish smile.
"I'm Luhan!" he said and smiled again.
"Dara." I replied.
"What is your specialty?"
"Specialty?" I asked. Really, what was my specialty? I didn't think of that when I woke up. I had so many questions that I'm sure I won't find soon their answers.
"Yes, specialty! What you can do really good?"
"Uh..." I started thinking about it. I have black belt at taekwon-do, so I guess that is some sort of a specialty. "Martial arts." I said and the blond-haired boy lifted up his eye-brow.
"You sure?" he asked.
"Yeah! Why? Is there something wrong?"
"Shh..." Luhan put his finger in front of his lips and made me a sign to turn around.
The chemistry teacher had entered the laboratory. He was chubby mister with a bow-tie around his neck, old-fashioned suit and braces, which were holding up his jeans.
"It looks like the empty spot is already taken. " he tried to smile and looked at me. "We were expecting you, miss Park."
They were expecting me?
"I'm Mr. Williams. and I'm going to teach you at chemistry." the teacher turned his back on us then he the media and the laptop. "Did you make your homework?" he turned with his face to us. Mr. Williams tried to smile again, but instead of smile on his face there was a strange grimace.
"Oh, just great!" I said to myself. "There's homework here too?" I rested my head on my hand and started to wait until the end of the c
lass.
 

Note: Sorry for the late update, but it's school's fault! ><. This chapter is a bit boring but when I have time I'll post the next one, I hope it'll be better. Enjoy! ^^ (about the photo - I just wanted to show how the school looks like (sort of). That's why I put it there. I know that the building on the photo is not shool or something like that.