First Encounter

The Day I Met You

 

First Encounter

 

Life is full of unexpected things that can change a person’s life. Those unexpected things are actually things that have been written down before we were born which known as ‘Fate’. Sometimes we may predict about it, but what made life interesting is when the fated thing came at unexpected time and left us with a lot of memories despite good or bad. In this case, FATE has given these young lads a chance to meet.

 

Rays of sunlight peeked into the room and laid on a certain face despite the heavy curtain covers. He frowned for awhile, not liking the sudden light on his face. He turn over and pushed himself into sitting position. He blinked a few more time as his vision was still cloudy. He hadn’t get enough sleep since he was working out a new lyric to perform.  High rose up in the air, stretching his sleepy muscle together with a large yawn.

 

The room was silent, just like the rest of the house. The boy shook his head, fully awoken now. He then slowly slid down his bed, leaving the comforting warmth behind and walked to the window. He brushed aside the curtain and opened the sliding window. Ocean breeze rushed in, filled and swirls around the room with fresh air. He smiled to himself. It must be a good day. He walked away from the windows and went outside his room, tossing a towel on his shoulder.

 

After a refreshing bath, he had some toast with eggs before going outside went outside. Leaning by the corridor of his house, he figured out that he would never bored living here when beautiful open ocean was set in front of him every time he woke up. While sipping his morning coffee, he gave a thought of what he was going to do today. There was not much things to be done as he worked on a night shift and he also don’t have any schedule to perform with his group. He still have plenty of time to leisure.

 

With a book and a pen in his hand, Yong Guk slip his sandals and walked out to the beach. With a sleeveless top and knee-length shorts, he really looked casual and comfortable. The handsome man then took a seat on a log under a shade of a tree. He opened his book and look around to find something that could give him some inspiration. Inspiration to finish his halfway lyrics. At that time, something caught his attention.

 

There was a girl wearing creamy knee length dress threaded across the sand, leaving her footsteps behind. She was wearing a big beach hat that covers half of her face. Well, It was not weird to see new people around the island since next to his house was several houses that acted as chalet to any visitor that wish to spend their night. He always watched a lot of people with various style when reached here. But that girl whom standing there now really took his attention and he couldn’t know why.

 

Jieun merely took in the sight of the ocean, allowing the sight of the waves to calm her. A break from all of the stresses of her life would do her some good she decided, determined to enjoy her time there. She slipped off her sandals and picked it up. Barefooted, she approached the ocean, allowing the warm pleasing water soaked her feet.

 

Out of a sudden a gush of wind came and blew off her hat. “Oh no! My hat!”

 

She dropped her sandals on the sands and followed where her hat went. Thankfully the sudden gush only lasted for awhile. As the wind calmed down again, the hat dropped itself on the sand near a certain shade of tree where a man was relaxing below it.

 

“Sir~! Can you pickup that hat. It’s mine. I afraid it will blow off again.”

 

He heard her calling and her hurried footsteps towards him. With blank expression, he put down his book and picked up the hat. With the hat in his hand, Yongguk threaded the sand, approaching the girl to give her belonging back.

 

The girl was still running with happy face feeling thankful. But her happy face vanished as she flopped to the sand, tripping something on her way to get her hat back. Seeing the girl stumbled, the man hurried his footsteps.

 

Jieun got up to sitting position and clapping herself from the sand on her hands, arms and dress. Blush crept on her cheeks when the man came near and squat next to her. To fall that way infront of a man was quite embarrassing. Just when she tried to moved her legs, she felt pain shot up and it worsen when she saw traces of red liquid mixing with the sand beneath her foot.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

His voice was deep and husky. She was a bit shocked when she heard his voice but she calmed down few seconds later. She shook her head.  

 

 “Can you get up?” Yongguk extended his hand to the girl. The girl looked up to his face and placed her hand in his. With his help, she managed to get up.

 

She tried to walk. “Ouch!” She yelped. Biting her lips, she cursed herself for not remembering her aching foot.

 

Unconsciously, she placed her arm over his shoulder while his arm over her shoulder. With his help, she able to stabilize herself. She tried to walked forward with one foot as her aching foot lifted a bit higher to avoid more sand got into the cut. It was just a couple of steps forward before she felt like flying and her feet were not on the ground anymore!

 

She was being carried bridal style with a guy whom she barely known.

 

“W-what are you doing?” She startled. She could feel her heart thumping hard and about to burst out as she felt his strong hand enveloping her.

 

“Carried you… It’s much easier to walk this way…”

 

He was right. There’s no point of arguing as it may worsened her state. Blush crept up her face as she placed her hands on the base of his neck to stabilize herself in his arms. “Thank you….” Whispered Jieun.

 

“What is your room number?” Asked the man, as he approaching several rooms.

 

She pointed to a house that just on left side where they were standing. Yongguk approached the appointed house and place the girl to her feet again. She looked up, meeting his gaze. “Thank you for bringing me here.”

 

He nodded. His serious gaze still not faded. “Open the door. We need to clean the wound first”

 

She brought out a black card and flashed to the door. The door clicked open. The man gestured to helped her to get in the room but she declined the offer.

 

“It’s okay. I can walk by myself.” She place a hand on the room wall to support her and slowly walked inside the room. She did winced and hissed through the pain as she walk but she want to look she was tough enough to endure it. 

 

At first, he just followed as per what she said,  but when he saw some red liquid dripping and pooling on the floor he changed his mind. He saw that she was struggling so he went beside her, hugging her sideways, trying to help her.

 

“Eep!!” She couldn’t help to let out a small shriek with the sudden closeness. She never been this close before with guys. Her steps were halted for awhile as she tried to current situation she was in. Thankfully the boy not realized her expression since he just want to make sure the girl treated quickly. The long haired girl felt her face warm as she steps forward, approaching the sofa in the middle of the room before slumped on the softness of the sofa.

 

“Stay there.”

 

His words was like a command. She just followed as what he said without any complaint. They just met a couple of minutes ago and right now he was being a sort of protective to the girl. Too care about her. But his attentiveness never put her into an awkward position, in fact she liked it.

 

With quick steps, Yongguk went o the kitchen and opened the upper cabinet. ‘There it is’ He thought to himself as he found the box of first aid kit. He put it down on the counter and rummaged around the kitchen to find other thing. Then he walked back to the living room with two basin, some clean kitchen towels and the first aid box. He kneeled in front of the girl.

 

“You’re still bleeding.” He looked up to meet her gaze. She winched when his hand touched her foot. “We need to cleaned your cut before it getting worse.”

 

She nodded. “De~.”

 

Jieun just watched the boy carefully taking care of her from her seat. Some beads of sweat forming on his forehead. His expression was so serious as he focused but she found it amusing. Unconsciously, her lips curved upward and a tint of pink shades her cheeks.

 

“Ouch!” She frowned as she felt something were taken out from her. And her yelped had made the boy halted in his action.

 

“Sorry… But you need to endure this for a while.”

 

She nodded. She curled her fingers. Beads of tears starts to form at the end of her eyes, waiting to trail down her cheeks as she suppressed her pain. Finally it was taken out. A big chunk of glass that stuck in her foot. He threw the glass in the basin placed under her foot.

 

“No wonder, you’re bleeding too much.” He flashed his gummy smile to the long haired girl.

 

“U-um… Kamsahamnida.”

 

He nodded and smiled while his hand still busy cleaning the blood and applying some medication that he could find in the first aid before wrap it up with a bandage.

 

“All done.” He flashed his gummy smile again while standing up. “You still need to get a doctor to check that.”

 

“Umm… We never able to introduce properly just now. I’m Jieun. Song Jieun. Can I know yours?”

 

“Yongguk. Bang Yongguk.”

 

She watched his back as he went to wash his stained hand at the kitchen sink.  “You are a resident here right? Looks like you know much about this place.”

 

“Yes. I lived here.”

 

There was an awkward silent between them. Jieun did figured out that Yongguk was not a talker type. However that not going to stop her to knows her saviour better.

 

“I don’t think you are a medic person, am I right?” She giggled a bit. “But I think you really did a good job. Thank you very much.”

 

The man dried his hands and walked pass the living room.

 

“You know what, although I just met you, I think I can trust you enough. I don’t think you are like those bad people out there.”

 

He halted in his steps. “How can you be sure about that?” He turned to meet the girl who was slowly getting up from the sofa and approaching him.

 

“Sixth sense maybe. And if you are a bad guy, you never helped me. And I think I like you because of that.”

 

Suddenly she felt herself flying toward the man as he grabbed her arm and pulling her close that only their clothes tore them apart. Realization struck her as she found herself pushed tightly to his toned chest. Their closeness has made her face flushed with bright red as she could feel the heat emanating from him.

 

He leaned down to her rear ear, his voice was huskier. “Never trust a person easily. You never know what mess you will be in”

 

He could feel her body twitched and trying to get away from him but he hold her close. His grip on her arm hadn’t loosen up yet. “What are you going to do in a situation like this?”

 

She shivered when his hot breath landed on her chilled skin. The girl looked up  to meet his gaze. She could see he smirked when he saw her scared and confused look. She could feel her breathing quickens as well as her heartbeat.

 

Raising his hand from his side, he touched her chin so that she would never take away her eyes from him. He brushed a few strands away from her face and tenderly brushing his fingertips over her heated cheek. He lowered his head so that his lips were but a mere centimetres from her.

 

“You said you liked me. It’s damn too early to say so.” He whispered. His breath landed on her plump lips, sending shiver through her body. As soon as he said that, he retreated and released his grip on her arm. He turned away walked out the room through the door he entered before, leaving the girl limped to her knees.

 

 

End Chapter 1: First Encounter

To be continued~

 

A/n: I bet you want to know what will happen nect right? But you need to wait first. Right now, you can just give me some review. who knows from your review i can get more exciting ideas to be included in the next chapter.

Till then, Anneyong~