Epiphany

The Dollhouse: Clandestine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  

 

 

e·piph·a·ny

[ɪˈpɪfənɪ]

noun

any moment of great or sudden revelation

 

 

 

 

 

You know, as you’re reading his story, I want to ask you something. Don’t be scared, I mean, we’re not strangers anymore, are we? We’ve chatted countless times, I just realized.

However, I want to get something straight here, something really important, because if I won’t inform you in time, you will blame me later on. I don’t like getting blamed.

Okay, I’ll just ask you. Here I go.

Oh…I think I just forgot what I wanted to ask.

I’m sorry.

Try again next time.

 

“I was never good at physics.” Hyosung snatched the paper out of my hand and took a seat on the bed. Her long, beautiful purple hair shined in the in light of the setting sun. I understood why she was always fully booked. She was utterly breathtaking. Hyosung, there was something about her everlasting beauty. “It’s about forces, right?”

“Yes,” Tao had the paper in his hands now while his eyes shimmered. Yong Guk and I were standing next to each other, looking at his semi-excited state of mind.

“This is dynamics. It explains Newton’s law of Gravitation. You have two masses and they both exert a force that’s equally powerful. They literally get pulled towards each other. Look at the formula.” he showed it to us and grinned.

“The G is a constant. The force will get bigger when the masses do too. However, if the distance between the two increases, the force will decrease. Oh, how I miss high school.”

“Come closer. Don’t linger,” Yong Guk frowned. He seemed to have picked himself up again. Even though he was dying inside, dying because of the suspense, he needed to keep going. The amount of respect I had for him right now couldn’t be measured. “This one is actually easy to solve, now that I know about the formula.”

I nodded. “The further we linger, the further we stray from the path. We need to come closer. We need to decrease the distance and come closer; that way we’ll increase the force and be pulled towards a solution.”

Tao clapped in his hands and dropped the note. “Yes! I was thinking the same thing.”

“That’s easier said than actually done.” Hyosung stood up and walked over to Yong Guk, grabbing his arm. “We need to go. Your time’s almost up.”

Yong Guk groaned. “I wish I just could grab my gun and shoot Zico’s brains out. This country…” he sighed and rolled his eyes. “Wednesday, we’ll go through the third floor.” Yong Guk turned around and wanted to leave with Hyosung.

“Wait!” Tao ran towards him and patted him on the back. “Ehm, the…,” he sighed deeply. “The jar, w-where is it?”

Yong Guk’s face never changed. I didn’t understand how he could maintain his cold facial expression, but soon I understood the mechanics behind all of this. It was his pure hatred for a certain man. “I placed it on Zico’s desk.” he smirked and walked away. “I’m no lamb.”

Thirty minutes later, after Tao had taken a bath, he returned to his room and dried his hair. There was this gracious thing about the way he stood there and not just now. When Tao stood still, his back was always a bit pulled back, so that his slender body shape was brought out better. I couldn’t describe this better for this type of observing was quite now to me.

“Have you calmed down?” I asked him. “We can’t go out and search. I heard Zico down the hallway. He went to Hyosung’s room to check if Yong Guk left.”

Tao nodded and tightened his bathrobe. “I just can’t get over the fact that this is actually happening.” he walked over to the bed and rested his head on the palms of his hands. “Who knows what’s hiding in my room. You do know what an orbitoclast is, don’t you?”

I nodded. “Yes. It seemed quite old as well. What does this person,” I couldn’t say Dr. Lee. I didn’t want him to know right now. Tao was way too tense right now. “mean with it? I don’t get it.”

Tao shook his head and inhaled deeply. “I don’t know. I’m tired.” he laid down and closed his eyes. “I couldn’t sleep at all. This week was…”

“How many people come here?” I opened another book of him and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter