The Promise

Next To Me

 

A/N: Well here's the first chapter, I hope you get interested because I swear it will get better than this.

 

Darkness..... Abandonment.... Loneliness.... Three things a child should never encounter.... Three things that would crush such a delicate soul..... Three things, that unfortunately, Wooyoung has been living through.....

 
The fragile boy sat on the swings , occasionally rocking back and forth, as cold tears slid down his cheeks and harshly landed on the pavement. The other kids laughter tormented him and ripped his heart. He can't bare this seclusion, this invisible barrier that blocked him from happiness. The boy's grip on the metal swing tightened and his knuckles turning pale white from the strong grasp, as he shed more imprisoned tears in his eyes. Small soft whimpers left his lips as the pain striking his heart grew larger by the minute. Wooyoung muttered curses, blaming himself for his own sadness, filling himself with guilt, as he thought his parents leaving him was his fault. He complained of his looks, saying he was ugly and undesirable so that's why his parents left him, why did he have to live in a foster home?
 
All the other kids had didn't have anything in common with him, they weren't completely abandoned. Their parents still visited from time to time. But with Wooyoung, no one came, not even a simple phone call or meaningful letter or a longing apology and to be soon accepted afterwards. Nothing. 
 
Suddenly Wooyoung's deep thoughts were interrupted as a voice spoke out to him.
 
"Hi.... What are you doing here by yourself? asked the voice in a sweet tone.
 
Wooyoung didn't reply, thinking that he was probably just imagining a voice. A voice that sounds so caring and pleasant to his ears. An imaginary voice to turn his depression into the opposite. However the gentle voice persisted and Wooyoung now knew he wasn't dreaming... Someone was actually talking to him... He slowly lifted his head to find out where the angelic voice came from, but as he looked in front of him no one was there. A very visible pout was on the boy's face 
 
"I knew it... No actually cares enough to even talk to me... I just have to face it... I'm insane now and I'm getting hallucinations of voices" the boy sighed 
 
But the voice came back giggling this time, still spreading the sound pleasantly through Wooyoung's ears.
 
"Silly.... I'm behind you" the voice laughed
 
Wooyoung's face lightened up again with hope that he isn't delusional. Slowly turning his head, he was blinded by the sight presented to him. It was a boy. A boy with the sweetest smile painted to his face, highlighting his sparkling brown eyes. Eyes that pierced through Wooyoung and touched his soul. The boy's auburn hair shined under the sun's rays and reflected in Wooyoung's eyes. The boy on the swings gulped as he was mesmerised by the stunning appearance of the other. Wooyoung could only utter a few words which he thought made him look stupid "Y-yeah... S-silly me" he chuckled but in the other boy's eyes he thought it was cute not stupid.
 
"So why are you here by yourself?" The boy persisted
 
"Ummm.... I have no friends... So I'm just sitting here" Wooyoung mumbled 
 
"I'm your friend" the boy said bluntly "My name's Nichkhun by the way, nice to meet you" 
 
Wooyoung was shocked at the sudden bluntness and explicitly of the boy. But nevertheless Wooyoung felt touched that someone said he was their friend. Now that he has someone Wooyoung wanted to make sure he wasn't lying.
 
"P-promise" the blonde boy stuttered
 
"Promise" Nichkhun reassured
 
"P-pinky swear" Wooyoung said shyly
 
Nichkhun wasn't expecting physical contact with the younger on his first day with him he had to think of a loophole......"Cross my heart and hope to die" smiled Nichkhun
 
The smile behind Nichkhun showed true happiness, he knew from today on Wooyoung wouldn't shed more tears of sadness but those of joy he knew that Wooyoung wouldn't feel alone now that he has him. 

A/N: Sorry for ending it vaguely, but hopefully the next update will clear things up for you guys:) I also apologise for such a short chapter I'm no good at writing long ones....