Flashback (Part 1)

Politics

 

Today is the day of the famous Yongjongdae festival

How could that poor woman ever forget that day!

She never fails to visit this place on this day, every year

Its been 30 years, but she still finds it hard to forget 

But what can we say, the situation was only that worse

 

 :Flashback: 

 

Father Lee Byung Joon had been the chief minister of this place for over 14 years

But our generation was such that most of the youth were influenced by the revolutionary spirit 

One of them was his own daughter, Lee Eun-Joo, who was against her own father in this battlefield, influenced by the leader of the revolutionary party, Mr. Lee Soo Man

Anyways, the country's political map was changing

Though Father Lee Byung Joon was least bothered about the dynamics of politics, Siwon, his step son, exactly knew the directions of the wind.

Siwon: Father, try not to fall in the trap of having a public confrontation. There's a high possiblilty Soo Man- sshi could try to snare you. 

Byung Joon: I can understand. I have already in this race for over 20 years

 

Soo Man: Mr. Byung Joon, we have no intentions of disturbing your rally. But, if you permit me, I'd like to ask you a few questions on behalf of the people

Byung Joon: Ask Ask. Public already knows how good I am. And those people who have been enticed by his red flag should also be aware of Soo Man's political sacrifices. 

Soo Man:  The issue isn't about the colour of the flag, Mr. Byung Joon. Because poverty, hunger, unemployment don't discriminate on the basis of colour. These people are besieged by their own empty stomach, sir. Offer them two slices of bread, make a couple of sweet promises and they will be ready to carry any flag of any colour. What kind of poverty is this, friends... which, in spite of their schemes funded by millions-billions of dollars, just refuses to go away. And now, we free you from the duty of tackling the poverty, Mr. Lee Byung Joon. Enough is enough. You may leave us alone. 

On this dreedy scene of his people supporting the opposite team and at the advice of his step son, Byung Joon leaves the rally angrily. 

 

At Home,

 

Byung Joon: How can you take such a huge step against your own father, you brat. Don't you have any shame! The person whom you've been supporting all this long isn't even worthy of it. 

Eun Joo: Obviously Dad,  you only care about the worthy people, right?

Byung Joon: Shut Up! 

(The phone rings)

Byung Joon: (picks up the call, angrily) Who's this? There's no one known as Eun-Joo out here anymore. Never call back here again.