Chapter Five

Mirror Mirror

*Chapter 5*

Hyuna was laying on my bed, using my laptop. She'd been texting all day, and now it looked like she was having a conversation with someone online too. I was suspicious, I thought that it might be this boyfriend she'd told Dongwoon about.

"Who are you talking to?" I asked, finishing the last of my chores. I hadn't planned for Hyuna to come round, she'd sort of invited herself as we were walking home from school together. I'd put inviting anyone round off since our family officially lost everything, but I knew I couldn't put it off forever. I'd visited Hyuna's plenty of times in the last month, so it was only fair that I should welcome her.

"Just maknae," she answered, smiling brightly. It didn't look like she was lying, but she didn't usually spend so much time texting Sohyun.

"Really? You seem to be spending a lot of time talking to whoever it is..." I almost pushed the fresh washing over, because I was getting so jealous, and, at the same time, frustrated by her apparent lying to me.

"Omo~ she's just giving me advice on something... I told her about recently," she answered. I was still jealous, even if she was telling the truth about it being Sohyun. Why would she go to maknae for advice instead of me? I knew that they were best friends and that they knew each other before I knew them, but it was still quite painful to think that your feelings for someone weren't returned. "Are you mad at me, oppa?"

I shook my head, "Don't be silly noona, of course I'm not."

She closed the laptop lid and then smoothed down the blanket, signalling for me to sit down next to her. "Just lie here with me, there's obviously stuff we need to talk about," she smiled.

My heart was racing. But I couldn't refuse. "Sorry." I told her, sitting on my bed, but I didn't dare lie down like she'd asked.

"Oppa..." She rasped. I flinched as I felt her hand brush gently through my hair. "Just rest your head here, and listen..." she pointed to her chest. My cheeks must've been bright red at this point. Was there any point in trying to fight it? It was an impossible battle, it would surely be a futile battle, since Hyuna easily defeated me.

"What?" I mumbled, "I... what?" I wasn't sure what I should say. Her warm smile was welcoming and calming though, if I dared to let it effect me.

"Oppa just... lie here."

I put my head down gently and rested it against her chest, her hand was still in my hair. I could hear her heart racing, probably even harder than mine. "Wow," I giggled.

"This is what you do to me." she giggled too, but her voice was really soft. She sounded overwhelmed. "I told maknae about you, and how I felt. She has been giving me advice on how I should tell you, but it didn't really go to plan."

"Noona... I..." I was speechless. She was so strong, so curageous, to even tell someone else about her feelings. She was a better person than I was.

"Just please, say you aren't going to freak out and try setting me up with others?" she asked. She obviously knew what I'd tried to do with her and Dongwoon, but had read the situation completely wrong.

"I didn't do that because I was freaking out, I did it because I was being a bad friend, for feeling how I do about you," I was still mumbling, but I'd managed to find some inner power within myself. "I thought if you got a real oppa, you'd stop being so sad."

She gently hit me in my arm, "Did you not take anything I told you in the park seriously? That was me telling you!" We both laughed.

"Omo~~ I thought you were just being over-dramatic, like always." I retorted, daring to move my hand into the one she had been brushing through my hair. I heard her heart beat thumping even louder.

"I don't even care that you aren't a boy, you're beautiful," she admitted, her smile fading and her eyes glazing over into what looked like was about to turn into tears. "If I told you how long ago I noticed you, you'd think I was a stalker."

"Aish, why didn't you save me from Tiffany and co earlier?" I asked her, feeling a little guilty for never noticing her. I was so blind. My feelings for Hyuna were like truly waking up from a long sleep after all this time. I'd just brushed on through life, I hardly even rememberd anything that had happened a few months ago anymore. It was all just a black blurr. None of it mattered.

"I used to watch you playing, and when you'd laugh, I'd laugh," she admitted, "I was always too shy though, and I didn't really understand how I felt until when we started talking to you. When we first spoke together, I think I actually fell in love with you."

I blushed again, but it felt good this time. I wasn't trying to hide my emotions, they were just pouring out from me, finally comfortable.

"Noona, I love you," I said, just before I moved my face closer to hers, and gently pressed my lips on top of hers. She let out a soft gasp, as I bought my hands up to cup her face and rubbed my nose against hers.