BAAU - Chapter 1: Meeting the Nagases

Byul Academy And University

 

Chapter 1- Meeting the Nagases Part 1

 

Henry sighs as he looks at the paper in his hand. “Ah, I should have written down those instructions when they told Me.” he says to himself. Looking up, he looks around to find something that would make him remember the directions that he was told the day before. Sighing, Henry starts walking again.

“You would think that I’d see a student or two while walking through this campus.” he whispers. He then looks back down at the paper. “Maybe I should just walk into one of the building and ask for directions.” he says. He then looks at his watch. “Ah crap, I’m late by half an hour.”

Before he could start panicking about the time, he finds himself falling to the ground after bumping into someone. “Sorry.” he says as he looks at his books that were now scrolls on the ground along with two of the bags he was carrying. “Oh right Korean.”

It’s fine to speak in English.” At the voice, Henry looks up. Standing in front of him was a girl with shoulder length red tinted hair and glasses. She wore a black and gray suit. Henry opens his mouth to say something but stops himself. “You’re the dancing violinist, correct? Henry Lau?” she asks as she helps him up and begins picking up the books on the ground.

Henry nods. “Yeah, how did you know?” he asks picking up his bags and the rest of the books. The girl stands up straight, holding the stack of books. “The office sent me to find you.” she says. “My name is Samona Nagase. One of my jobs is to look after new students.” she informs.

Nodding, Henry stands up straight, dusting off his bags. “Follow me and I’ll show you where the office is and we can get your class schedules.” she says. With that she turns and begins to walk away. Shaking his head, Henry follows after her.

After a few minutes of walking, the two walk into a certain building. “This is the main building.” Samona informs. “Here you’ll find the main office, the Principal’s and Vice Principal’s offices, certain teacher offices, and the store where you get your books and material.” she says. Henry nods as he follows her down the hall.

The two stops in front of an opened door. “This is the main office. Here you can talk to the Principal if needed, get your class information, and also your dorm information if you’re living on campus.” Samona says before stepping into the office. “Hello all.” she greets the three in the room that was behind a desk.

“Hey Sammie.” greets the girl that was standing behind the other two that was sitting. Samona waves Henry into the office. “I brought the new student here as told, Raina.” Samona says. Raina blinks as the boy walks into the office. “Oh! Henry!” she calls smiling. “It’s been forever since I’ve seen you.” she says.

Samona raises a brow. “Raina, you know him?” she asks. Raina looks at her younger sister. “Yeah, have for years.” she says. Samona nods. She then turns to the other two behind the desk. “I need his schedule and dorm information.” she states. As she talks with the two, Raina moves over to Henry.

Yah, why didn’t you inform someone that you was coming today?” Raina asks. Henry shrugs. “Sorry, I should have told you or Min.” he says. Raina nods. “So does anyone else know that you’re here?” she asks. Henry nods. “Yeah, I talked to Sungmin this morning; he helped me with finding directions to the campus. And I talked to Amber and Kevin a few days ago.

Raina nods. “Ah, okay.” she says. Henry looks at her. “So, any remembering?” he asks. Raina shakes her head. “Nope. Whenever she starts, she’ll complain of a headache and we just tell her to relax and don’t worry about It.” she says. Henry nods. “Yeah, that’s understandable. But as long as she’s happy and okay.

“Okay, here we go.” Samona was moving over to the two. She looks over the paper in her hands before holding them out to Henry. “Here you go. This is your class schedule and your dorm information.” she says. “When we get to the dorms, we will talk to whoever is your dorm adviser and they’ll be able to give you a key for your apartment.” she informs.

Okay, now, I’ll take you to your dorm first, so that you can put down your things, then I’ll take you to class.” Samona says. Henry nods. “I’ll see you later.” he says to Raina before turning and following Samona out the office. The two make their way out the building and toward the other side of the campus.

After a few minutes of walking the two come up to the building that they were looking for. “Here we go. This is the building you’ll be staying in. This is SM Dorm 1.” Samona informs. “To the right is YG Dorm 1 and to the left is NH 1, DSP 1 and so on. Across is the exact same order to the second dorms.” she adds. “If ever you want to visit someone, and forget which building is which, they are labeled on the doors.” she says pointing at the symbol on the glass doors that she was opening.

Walking into the building, Henry looks around as he follows her toward the desk. On the left were mailboxes for the students and to the right was a small lounge area. Stopping in front of desk, Samona knocks loudly on the surface top.

“What’s up Sam?” a voice calls and a few seconds later a boy with light brown hair walks out the door behind the counter. Henry immediately looks at the boy. “Ah, Sungmin!” he calls out. The boy looks up from the papers in his hands. “Henry! You’re finally here.” he says. Sungmin makes his way from behind the desk and hugs Henry.

“I thought you got lost or something.” Sungmin says. Henry lets out a small laugh. “I did. I couldn’t find my way to the office.” he says making the other boy laugh. Sungmin looks at Samona. “You were sent after him, right?” he asks. Samona nods. “Yep, it’s my duty.” she says.

“Oh, Leeteuk had some meeting to go to. But he did leave the key for Henry’s apartment here.” Sungmin says. Walking back behind the desk, Sungmin moves over to one of the cabinets. Pulling the middle drawer open, he removes a small package before closing the drawer back.

Walking back over to them, Sungmin hands the package to Henry. “Here you go. There are two pairs in there just in case you lose one.” he says. Nodding, Henry takes the package. Taking the books that Samona was still holding, Sungmin turns to Henry. “Okay, come on and I’ll show to your room.” he says.

As the boys walk down the hall, Samona moves over to the lounge area and sits down. After a few minutes, a bell sounds off. “Class is over.” Samona says looking at the clock on the wall. It wasn’t long before students begin entering the building. After greeting her, they all rushed to their rooms, getting the things that needed for their next class.

“Hey Samona.” Looking up from her seat, Samona sees a boy with brown hair waving to her. He wore a white stripped black jacket with white pants. Smiling, she stands up and walks over to him. “Hey Ryeowook.” she greets back. “How was class after I left?” she asks. Ryeowook shakes his head. “Just the same. For the rest of the time, he talked about what our project was again. Wanted to make sure that everyone understand this time.” he says.

“Oh, so where’s the new kid?” Ryeowook asks. Samona points toward the hallway. “Sungmin took him to his room. They should be back in a few minutes.” she says. “But where’s Kyuhyun. I would have thought he would be with you.” she says. Ryeowook sighs. “Yeah, well he was playing on his PSP in class and when I was trying to tell him that it was time to go, he waved me off and told me to wait until he completed the level he was one.”

“Ah, I told him once before about playing during class. I’ll punch him next time I see him.” Samona says. Shaking his head, Ryeowook laughs. “Who are you going to punch?” The two turn to see the dark brown haired boy walking toward them, he wore the same uniform as Ryeowook.

“Punch you.” Samona says hitting him in the arm. “I bet you pulled out the PSP within like a second of me leaving the classroom.” she says. Kyuhyun smiles, wrapping his arm around Samona’s shoulders. “Oh, how great you know me best friend.” he says.

Samona lightly elbows Kyuhyun in the side. “Yah! You’re one of the Vice presidents. You should be an example.” she says. Kyuhyun snorts. “Yeah, okay. I’m the last person someone should see as an example. Well you know, unless we’re talking about my handsomeness and how much I’m a genius.”

 Ryeowook and Samona looks at each other. “He’s so full of himself.” Ryeowook says and Samona nods. Kyuhyun smiles. “But it’s true.” he says. “Plus, come on, we all know I only took that position for you Sam.” he says. Samona tilts her head. “So did Max, but he’s doing his job.” she says. Kyuhyun scoffs. “That’s because he’s better at stuff like that. And hey, I do my job.”

“You’re such a liar.” The three turn to see Sungmin and Henry walking over to them. The two stops next to Ryeowook. “Hey, you’re supposed to be on my side Sungmin, not theirs.” Kyuhyun says. Sungmin just shrugs before turning to Henry. “Ah, Henry, this is Kim Ryeowook.” he says introducing the two.

After the two greet each other, Sungmin then looks at Kyuhyun. “And this, of course, is Cho Kyuhyun. He’s the one you always hear in the background when we’re talking on the phone.” he says. Kyuhyun looks at him. “He already knows me" he says. "But thanks, that’s how you describe someone.” he says.

Shaking her head, Samona looks at Henry. “Okay, if everything’s settled, I can show you to your class.” she says. Henry nods. “Oh, hey I’ll go too.” Kyuhyun says. Saying bye to Sungmin and Ryeowook, the three makes their way out the building.

“Don’t feel like going to class?” Samona asks Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun shakes his head. “Nope, not right away. I’ll tell them I was patrolling or something. ” he says. He then looks at Henry. “So what courses are you taking again? Well, I know the main will be Music, Instrument.” he says. Henry looks at him. “Oh, my secondary course is Dance.” he says. Kyuhyun nods. “I should have guessed that.” he says.

 

 ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

A.N.: Here's the first chapter for you all. The next one will be up soon.

We hope you'll like this story. We're going to try working on a poster for it.

Thank you all again.

 

Byul Academy And University Info