My Soulmate is...

When You Meet Your Soulmate

0 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds

"Forgive me."

The words freeze Jiashuai completely. He let the files fall to the floor, uncaring for them. His eyes linger on the slender man before him. Not once did his eyes wander away from the solemn face that just asked for forgiveness. Their eyes remained glued to each other, afraid of the others next move. The strangers' eyes seem to become clouded with tears. Jiashuai watches him closely and when his other turns away from him, he felt a sudden emptiness. As if his other half didn't want to be seen in this state. How can his first words be asking for forgiveness? What can he say to Kim Zhong Da? 'It's alright'? 'It's not a big deal'? To hell with that! It is a big deal! Jiashuai searches his thoughts for something to say, but nothing comes out.

A tear slips away from his patient's eyes and Jiashuai feels his heart tighten and ache in pain. Stepping away from the super white wall, Jiashuai allows himself fully into the room and strides closer to his fated one. He wants to make that look disappear. His mind tells him that it shouldn't be like this- which this is not his one and only, that this person in front of him is just another patient, that this was a joke formulated by his friends. That it is a mistake....

But his soul tells him otherwise.

His soul tells him that this man has always been with him in his past lives. Through every hardship and struggle, through every victory and compassion, this person has always been there. It tells him that he and this person had fought for their love so many times. So why should this time be any different?

And his heart agrees with his soul.

It's only been a few minutes since they've seen each other and his heart has already fallen for the silently crying man on the hospital bed. His heart is already aching at the site- clenching tighter and tighter as more tears fall. His heart fell for the majestic voice it had heard just moments before. His heart ran a mile when his eyes saw the figure before him. It's only been a few minutes, and yet his heart is telling him to comfort the other.

To follow his heart or to follow his mind... Yixing begins to contemplate, however, the moment Kim Zhong Da glanced at him then quickly looked away; Jiashuai had already made up his mind. He threw all the doubts and insecurities away and leaned closer to his ill beloved's side. 

---x---

Zhong Da feels one side of his bed sink a little. He shuts his eyes and looks away, not wanting to see the Chinese man. Of all ways to meet his Soulmate, it had to be like this. The gods must hate him. For him to be fated with a handsome, tall doctor is everything he could wish for. But to be fated to meet him with an unknown illness and with an unknown amount of time left to live crushed him.

He wanted to be happy and carefree, but instead he feels abandoned and trapped. He wanted to travel with this man, but now he's stuck in a hospital. He wanted to be playful and joke around, but now he can't even truly smile. He wanted to go on stage and perform for his love, but now he can only sing while sitting on a bed. Everyone worries about him now, of course they would. They encouraged him to come to here, and now he regrets it. He regrets choosing this hospital out of all of the ones he could have gone to. He regrets letting himself meet this man. He regrets letting his Soulmate see him unhealthy, and ill.

How can he do this to a man who's been waiting for him? How can he make this man stay with him through these troubles? How does he give the man happiness when the first thing he does is make him sad? It must be hard for the doctor to accept that his destined one might die at any given time. Zhong Da's thoughts only bring out more tears but he makes no sound. He's glad that he is still facing with his back towards the other man. Glad that he can't see the tears forming and silently falling.

He feels a shift in the weight and peeks over slightly to the doctor. Their eyes connect once again, and Zhong Da feels his body come to life. The beat of his heart quickens and his tear stricken face turns a soft shade of pink. His stomach feels light and fluttery. He tries to look away but a quick hand stops his face from turning completely away. His eyes widen as the offending hand turns his face a back to its original position so that he can see its owner. The hand cups his face and the slender fingers quietly wipe away the old and new tears. Zhong Da unknowingly relaxes and leans into the gentle touch. 

Not a single word is spoken. They remain in that position for a while and Zhong Da takes the opportunity to adore his beloved's features. His dark orbs seem so soft and warm. They gave Zhong Da the feeling of safety. He continued to the doctor's face. Taking in the seemingly soft pearly skin and how flawless it was. Not a single blemish can be seen. His eyes travel to his unnamed Soulmate's lips. Small lips that when curved form the most wonderful smile that he saw a moment earlier. Zhong Da can't help but want to see that smile again. His thoughts stopped and he was instantly reminded that he and his words were the reason that the smile had disappeared.

He looks back into the man's eyes again, noticing the hint of concern in them. Zhong Da lets his eyes tear up once more and the tears threaten to fall. His doctor leans in closer and gently bumps their foreheads together, still wiping the newly formed tears away. The sudden action surprises him and he looks questionably at the man.  

That soft gentle smile melted away Zhong Da's heart. It welcomed itself into his mind. The hands leave his face and travel down his arms to rest on his hands. He shivers as ghostly circles are drawn on his palms. Their fingers meet and dance together as if it was a secret they had already known. They intertwine and now they feel as if they are finally whole; united as one after so many years, after so many centuries of searching. 

Two souls weaving together into one.

Two minds full of uncertainty.

Two hearts beating in sync.

Two shy smiles. 

And a dimple.

Then the silence is finally broken with the most light and floaty voice Zhong Da has ever heard.

"Welcome home, Kim Zhong Da."

 


 

A/N: 

So, I give you chapter 2! Took a lot longer cause well i was at a loss of how to write this. A little sad since it's shorter than i had hoped for, but its not too short. It also doesn't help that it's finals week and instead of studying I decided that I wanted to finish writing/editing ch1 and ch2. Haha...haha..ha...qq i'm so dead. It's like almost 3 in the morning. I'm so dead. done. donewithschool.

And the last thing that Lay says is so..i unno. icouldntthinkofanything

==Plus thanks for the reviews! ; u ;~ I hope you enjoyed this chapter as well! Criticism is welcomed >:U