Target

Cop vs. Criminal

Eunji's P.O.V

He's hot. I glanced up from my book for the hundredth time to admire the man sitting in front of me. He's so perfect. Even his name has a nice ring to it. Choi Seunghyun. I smiled at the book in my hands as I repeated his name in my head.

We've been meeting here for a month, about twice a week. When we aren't drinking coffee across each other, we're texting. I feel like a high school kid with a crush, constantly checking my phone for messages. When he does reply, I have a goofy smile on my face. I've been having trouble planning my next mission because of him. "I wasn't aware that Harry Potter was a comical novel." I looked up from my book.

"What?"

"Every time I look at you, you're smiling at the book." I bit my lip in embarassment. He was looking at me? He sighed. "I just received a text from work, they need me back at the office. Miahne." I tried not to let the disappointment show.

"Don't worry about it." I needed to finish up planning for my next target anyway. I stood up and grabbed my bag, swinging it over my shoulder. I left the coffee shop and walked home.

That is until I heard a scream, followed by sobbing. I swiftly turned around, alert. It was an old lady, shoved to the ground. I know her, she's one of my neighbors. Her surname is Park. Sweet old lady, really. Always made sure I was okay, now it's my turn to make sure she's okay. I ran over to her side, helping her up.

"Mrs. Park! Gwenchannaeyo?" Her husband died years ago but she still goes by his name.

"Eunji-ah, sweetie, you have to help me. Those bad men are trying to kick me out of my house." This whole neighborhood is a big family, so she's practically my grandma. I helped her to a street bench and sat her down.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Park. I'll help you." My hand curled into a fist and went to confront them. A buff guy turned to face me. His hair was dyed blonde, his face smug. He wants to see thug? I'll show him thug. I shoved him in the chest. "Yah. What kind of person are you? Picking on an old lady. Really?" He stood over me menacingly.

"Boss wants this place. The old hag won't sell, so we have to do things the hard way." I didn't back down.

"Boss? So you're just a dog." I smirked. "Who's your owner?" Another guy came up to me. His shirt sleeves were roughly cut off, revealing crude tattoos of mermaids. I instantly looked away from the tattoos the moment I realized the obscenity.

"Wouldn't you like to know." The tattooed guy stepped closer to me, using his dirty hand to lift up my chin. "You're kind of cute, maybe we should take you to our boss. That way, you can meet him yourself." I swatted his hand away.

"Don't touch me." I said it in a low, dangerous voice. They laughed at me, and I simply smiled back.

"That's cute. What's a tiny girl like you gonna do to us?" The blonde guy grabbed my wrist while the tattooed guy ran his fingers down my face. "Just come with us. He'll take care of you, trust." I smirk and with the twist of my arm, I flung Blondie forward. He landed on his back painfully. Tattoo looked at Blondie then eyed me. "Fine. You wanna play rough? Let's get rough."

Tattoo wrapped his arms around me in an attempt to hold me down, rubbing his face against my neck as he inhaled my scent. I felt his goatee prick my skin. "You smell good, little girl." I stabbed my foot into his shin, causing him to jump back.

"You talk too much." He plunged himself at me. I stepped to the side, making him hit the ground. Blondie launched his fist at me. I caught it with my with my left hand and landed a punch across his face with my right. He landed on the ground next to Tattoo. They looked at each other and nodded. I know what they're going to do. As I predicted, they both lunged at me. Blondie held my arms back and Tattoo is going to hit me, or at least attempt to. I stood still, letting him take his aim. Once he threw his punch, I ducked, letting his friend take the hit. es, so predictable. I jumped, using Blondie to lift me up. Using both feet, I stomped hard into his chest. He flew backwards, sputtering out a curse laced with blood. Blondie spun me around, throwing another punch at me. My actions were swift and simple. Duck, left hook, right hook, punch to the stomach, uppercut. As a finishing move, I grabbed his head, throwing it down as I kneed up. He fell limply to the ground. I turned to Tattoo, who was going to attack me from behind. Once I turned he stopped dead in his tracks, cowering before me. I walked over to him and held him up by the collar of his shirt. "Who's your boss?"

"M-Mr. Chang." Blood dribbled from the corner of his mouth down his chin. "He ordered us to do whatever we can to get every house on the block."

"Chang? Chang Jae Sun?" He nodded. I stepped into his stomach. "You better watch yourself. Don't bother us again." I released him. He scrambled to his feet and picked up his friend.

Chang Jae Sun. I guess I have a new target.