Come To Me: I

Officially Missing You

 

 

 

Wufan lets Yixing’s old guitar lean on the huge rock at the end of the shoreline, as he carefully places the diary on the sand just beside the instrument, tears dropping on his hands endlessly. His slender fingers trace the edge of his key-shaped necklace for a while, fumbling on it, as if memorizing its texture. Then, he removes it abruptly from his neck and slides it down around the guitar’s neck where the pendant sits perfectly—as if it knew that it is where it should be after his owners have abandoned it—just above the sound hole, afraid that he would have any lingering sentiments on the object that would make him retract, would ruin his resolve.

This is it.

He has thought about this for three days and three nights.

He has now come to conclusion.

He has made a choice.

He would wait no more.

This is his final farewell.

 

 

*             *             *

 

 

Sitting on the couch with his friends namely Sehun, Luhan, Suho, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun, Yixing begrudgingly watches the replay of Luhan’s favourite animated film of all time. Bambi.

How he came to be in the spot where he is right now—sitting between an innocent and stoic Sehun and an angry Luhan, who sits like a boss wearing nothing on top even though it’s almost autumn and almost all of them are practically wearing sweaters over old T-shirts and baggy pants, and just beside peaceful Suho, who is in turn seated next to Chanyeol, who can’t help but tease and bully (Yixing is not sure if they’re up to it or not) Baekhyun, who keeps on giggling like a teenage girl after being asked on a date by his crush—is almost a mystery to him.

Half an hour ago, Yixing was sure he was so busy working his miracles in the kitchen while preparing Wufan’s favourite dinner meal when Sehun and Luhan suddenly barged into their apartment, firing words at each other. They were so heated up Yixing did not know how to calm them down.

 

 

He asks them why they chose Wufan’s place to quarrel, and all Luhan could say to him is, “I won’t have the devil laugh all by himself if he finds out that we—“ Luhan points a finger at Sehun and shoots him a look of grave accusation. “—are actually fighting. No, I won’t give him that satisfaction, Yixing.”

“But wouldn’t he be happier if you’re doing it here?” Yixing asks, still confused.

“He might be, but that’s why I’m spreading the negative energies into your—“ Luhan waves a hand dramatically, then says the next word with undisguised disgust, grimacing, “World, as Wufan always likes to put it.”

Yixing sighs. “I can’t send you out, can I?”

“Of course you can’t! That would be rude!”

“You are being rude, just so you know,” Sehun blurts out, which earns him another glare from the older man.

“Just shut up until I feel better again!” Luhan orders Sehun.

Sehun rolls his eyes and shrugs, then turns to Yixing. “Hyung, I’d be ignoring and avoiding this . Can I lock myself up in your room?”

Yixing blinks his eyes several times. “Y-Yeah?”

“Thanks! I’m going to need a beauty nap, unlike someone who’s already begun turning into a witch,” Sehun says sarcastically before stalking off to Yixing’s room.

“Sehun-ah! Yah! Come back!” Luhan yells at Sehun, but the younger does ignore him. Sehun closes the door with a bang, and who knows? Maybe he’s fallen asleep too soon already.

Luhan turns towards Yixing, who tells him, “You fight, you vent your anger at him, and then, you shout at him, telling him to come back to you. What is it you exactly want, Luhan?”

Luhan just shrugs, sitting on the counter table and expecting Yixing to shoo him away like a fly because of his unruly behaviour.

“Why are you even fighting?” Yixing asks after long silence.

“We had a disagreement about something,” Luhan tells him.

“What something?” Yixing asks curiously, his eyebrows raised, urging Luhan to say more.

Luhan, however, simply pouts at him, then smiles, “Secret. It’s supposed to be a surprise for everyone. I proposed an idea, but he didn’t like it. He proposed his, and I also didn’t like it. So…we ended up like this.”

“Yeah, you ended up like this. You ended up in our apartment!”

“Yixing, I believe everything’s fine.” Luhan looks around him, turning his head from left to right, and eyeing at Yixing, he says, “Wufan’s not here? I wouldn’t have been surprised if Sehun and I caught you making out in the couch or something.”

“Luhan, we’re engaged.”

“Even if you weren’t engaged, you’d still be doing it.”

“Shut up. Maybe it would be better if I call on them, to enlighten the mood.”

“Whatever you think is good.”

Yixing speed dials Suho’s number. Thankfully, Suho picks up upon the first ring. “Come over to my place right now. Bring the spies with you.”

“Spies?” Suho asks on the other line.

“The spies. You know, Chanyeol and…?”

“Ah…Right now?”

“Yep, right now. I need your help on something.”

“Will be right over there in ten minutes.”

“Hmm, see you!” Turning to Luhan, Yixing says gleefully, “They’re coming. No need to be so upset.”

“I heard everything, you know!”

 

 

But, in the end, Chanyeol and Baekhyun end up cuddling on the other side of the sofa. Suho is so absorbed in the film even though he has watched it already for nth time. And, because the trio are terribly useless in this situation, Yixing has ended up being the barrier between Sehun and Luhan. If he weren’t there, Wufan’s apartment would’ve been a battlefield, and Wufan would kill him when he gets home.

Yixing runs a hand down his face and sighs. Finally, Suho pats him on the shoulder, whispering to him, “They’re going to be fine. Wanna bet?”

“No, I always lose to you. You read minds or something?” Yixing jokes.

Suho smiles playfully. “Maybe I do. Trust me, play a copy of Alice in Wonderland. I’m sure you’d find them making out somewhere in the middle of the film.”

Yixing hesitates for a while when suddenly his phone vibrates. He takes it out from his pocket and when he realizes it’s Wufan, he excuses himself and picks up the call.

“You’re taking so long!” Yixing whined immediately. “The entourage crashed in here and they’re crazy I think I’m going crazy too!”

“Then, take the day off. Should we have dinner outside?” Wufan asks calmly.

Yixing feels relieved to hear Wufan’s usual soothing voice again, a normality amidst the abnormality of his friends.

“Count me in. Where are you?”

“Hmm…Meet me first at Capioca?” Wufan asks.

“Whoa, that’s a bit far from home. Where are you taking me, Mr. Kidnapper?”

“Hey, I ain’t kidnapping you if it’s with consent.”

Yixing laughs heartily. “I was just kidding.”

“Just do as I say.”

“Roger, Captain.”

“And there you go with stupid names again. Drop them off!”

“No, I won’t!”

Then, Yixing hangs up. He leans toward Suho and whispers into his ear, “The kids are now your responsibility. I’m going out.”

Suho gives Yixing a look that says he’s being detested right now. “That’s unfair.”

“You can do it. You’ve got a great plan, some wonderful tricks tucked under your sleeves.”

“This is your place.”

“As well as yours.” Yixing winks at him, then heads to his room to get changed.

A date with Wufan. Oh, his heart is leaping with joy. He has gone to countless dates with Wufan, but this would be their first after their engagement. And, Yixing just can’t—

Yixing casts a gleeful glance at the metal band around his ring finger again. He could’ve sworn he could and would stare at it forever. He still can’t believe he’s finally getting married.

Getting married to the love of his life.

Exchanging vows.

Sealing the holy vow with a kiss.

Yixing can’t wait for the ceremony.

 

 


 

 

***To be continued***

 

[A/N]:

This is just the first part of this chapter,

Entitled "Come To Me", so it's not yet that angsty.

Second part to be posted tomorrow.

So did you like it???

Please do leave comments after reading.

They're highly appreciated!

Thank you~