001: Laptops, Cash, and Runaway

THIS Is The Reality I Wanted

Jonghyun's p.o.v.

She threw her notebook at me.
No big deal.
Then a couple days later, she threw her laptop at my face.
When she threw it, it tumbled to the ground, cracking the screen.
That was basically when I decided it was time to leave.
Her laptop, with all her documents, from her job and and whatnot.
The job she loved more than her goddamned son.
I mean.
The screen could be repaired.
I only did a little further damage.
A " this bull." and a hammer was all it took to have her on her knees, staring at the used-to-be electronic device in despair.
Thanks.
Thank you, mother, for all you've never done for me.
As I started packing some of my things, I came across a framed Polaroid I barely remember taking.
A picture of me.
And my mom.
And my dad.
And we were all smiling.
Grinning as if it was the last picture we would ever take together.
It was.
It was our last photograph together.
I took the photograph and slid it in my suitcase I had first used it on my trip with my dad across the States and back.
I packed all the necessities, making sure and double-sure that I had everything that I would ever need again.
I opened the door to the hallway, watching for the coast to be clear, and carefully stepped out of the room and into my mom's bedroom.
Unoccupied.
Like always.
As I walked in, I thought of possible places where she could have left her money.
Without any thoughts, I checked under the bed, half-expecting something to be under the dust-collecting mattress.
That left two possibilities.
I checked inside the secret compartment in her desk that she had opened once while I had been hiding in her room, waiting to give her a surprise birthday present, resulting in a mother with teary eyes and a confused me.
To my luck, it wasn't there.
But, I did find several Polaroids.
One identical to the one that was currently framed and in a suitcase, another of my dad and I at LotteWorld, one of my mom and me sitting at a jajangmyun restaurant with the sauce all over our faces, laughing our asses off.
There was another, a selca of the three of us, with the jajang sauce still glued to our faces.
The last Polaroid was one of my mom and dad, another selca of the two of them.
Definitely from a while ago.
I decided to take the pictures and stuffed them to take the pictures and stuffed them in my pockets, going to the last place the money could be.
Behind the framed picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day, hanging on the wall, there was basically a mini-closet where she used to hide things. Jackpot.
Knowing the cashbox was where she kept her valuables and money. I "borrowed" the box, leaving the room and creeping back to my bedroom, while having flashbacks of memories that I shared with this house.
The time I first played hide-and-seek with my cousins.
The time when I cursed for the first time and got my mouth washed out.
The last time my parents had smiled at me together.
The time when my mom cried after finding out about dad.
I gathered the money I earned from my job for the past year or so and shoved it in my suitcase at the very bottom, along with the cashbox that I had brought from mom's room, packing several changes of clothes and making sure I had tossed in the notebook mom had thrown at me a few days ago.
I checked for my wallet, iPod, cellphone, and a pair of earbuds, putting it all in my drawstring bag, along with my Skullcandys.
Shoving a journal and my pencil case in the bag, I rushed to my bathroom, grabbing my toothbrush and put it in the suitcase.
My window was already open, and I just had to get rid if the screen.
I reached into my pocket, taking out my Swiss Army Knife, the last thing dad had left me, and cut through the screen.
Once I got a good enough hole in the screen, I dropped my suitcase, then my drawstring bag.
I grabbed my guitar and exited my room through the window.
Carefully and cautiously, I climbed down the tree, whose branches often brushed against the window, especially on windy days.
Without thinking, I ran.
Past the park where my mom would take me as a kid.
Past the bus stop here I would wait for dad to come home after work.
Past the ice cream shoppe that my parents would take me when I got straight A's.
Past the cemetery dad was buried at.
Before running any further though, I glanced back at the house, a melancholy smile on my face as I thought of all the memories I had lived through in that house.
And ran.
To my cousin's house.
To Key's house.
 
Hi. It's sinaelee99.
I hope you liked this.
I guess this is technically a prologue, introducing Jjong.
I always starts stories and never end them.
But I'll try harder to finish them all.
Until next time... <3

 
~~sinaelee99~~