K-Kev-

Luminous

 

“Sheesh. Did you have to cut it so short?” Ren muttered in frustration as he kept staring at himself on the mirror. I rolled my eyes and placed the scissors neatly inside the cabinet. Ren stared at his new haircut and pouted sadly towards me. “Why did you… why? My poor blond hair.” He pretended to cry as he placed both hands on his eyes. His long hair that was once up to the bottom of his shoulders was now as short as Kevin’s, the last time I saw him while his hair was quite short. Pft.

“You asked me to cut it, I cut it. Be grateful, you little—“ I stopped from what I was going to say and just walked back into the kitchen.

“You haven’t changed one bit, _____-ah.” He smiled and jumped onto the couch. This guy, always jumping everywhere. He does know I used a lot of money just to get this furniture. Aish. I turned around and placed my hands onto my hips.

“Yah! I have changed. A bit. Alright?” I wiped the left over tears and brewed some more tea. I heard Ren laugh and stared at the morning sky. “

“Since you missed me so much, you could at least offer the bed for me to sleep in! But noooo. I took the couch. What kind of couch is this anyways? Not even comfy.” Ren kicked the couch lightly and stared at the window. “Hey. Did you miss me that much?”

I stopped pouring the tea and got so caught off guard with the question. I let the tea cups down and looked back at Ren: a blond beauty staring outside as the streams of sunlight made him shine even more. He’s still the same Ren in his own way, although he has grown up much more, hasn’t he? “What do you think?” I answered. The grown blond looked back and sat onto the wooden chair roughly, as he glared.

“Yah. Don’t answer my question with a question. So, impolite, this girl…” He scratched the table with his nail and pointed it back at me. “Answer it. YAH!”

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. This guy. He’s become meaner. He rolled his eyes and muttered: “I heard that. Well?”

“Yes, Ren. I’ve missed you that, thaaaaat. Much.” I emphasized the last words which brought a sign of content to Ren’s face. What a baby. I smiled and fed him and me some breakfast. He hasn’t changed one bit. This baby will always stay a baby. “I heard that.” He growled, his mouth filled with rice. I giggled and shoved another piece of vegetable into his mouth.

“Shush, and just eat.”

Ren smiled and continued to dig in.

***

We walked down the busy streets of Downtown and watched many other people pass by. People stared and kept glancing at Ren. What can you say? The guy is practically shining! I tugged on Ren’s sleeve and whispered mentally; Ren. Could you… you know, turn off your starlite thing? You’re kind of attracting too much attention. It’s kind of… uncomfortable. Ren made his mouth of the shape of an ‘o’ and closed his eyes quickly. And then their eyes drew elsewhere. I sighed and heard Ren chuckle.

“Where are we going?” Ren asked curiously. I shrugged and replied: Around. I just didn’t want to stay around the apartment anymore. It got pretty lonely. Ren nodded as if he understood. I forgot he could read my thoughts. A chuckle left his lips once again. We kept walking until we reached a café that I’d usually spend my days at. The scent of coffee surrounded the both of us as we entered the friendly atmosphere.

“The usual, Miss __--“ I stared at the waiter as he looked back at Ren. Ren smiled awkwardly and tapped his foot on the floor. “A table for two then?”

I smiled at the waiter who greeted me every time I entered. I nodded and followed the young man who was approximately the same age as I.

“He seemed… surprised that I was with you.” Ren whispered as the waiter walked away with our order: Two hot chocolates. I raised an eyebrow and asked; “Was he really?” Ren nodded and whispered; “I think he likes you.” I scoffed and kicked his leg. Ren winced and started to laugh at the same time.

“Here are your two hot chocolates.”  The waiter smiled. I smiled back and was surprised by the sudden redness that colored his cheeks. I told you. I heard Ren’s voice echo in my mind. I kicked Ren once more and took the hot chocolate hastily with the consequence of dropping it all over my skirt.

“Ouch! Hot.” I stood up abruptly and patted on my skirt as if it would get colder. “Le-let me help you!” The waiter offered. I followed the waiter to the bathroom and left a dumbfounded Ren to himself.

“Here.” The handsome waiter smiled and gave a few napkins. I grabbed them and his hand took hold of my own for a couple of seconds.  I pulled away and smiled awkwardly. The waiter looked away and blushed furiously. This person… I coughed awkwardly and jumped off of the counter.

“Thank you. I’m sorry for such a clumsy act… it seems now you might have to clean up such a mess…” I apologized. The waiter shook his head and smiled back apologetically; “It’s alright. Miss. Please call me, Nate.” I pointed at him in shock and noticed the familiar English language coming out of his mouth. “I noticed you weren’t from here…so.” Nate scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly.

“I… oh.” I smiled back and decided to head back to Ren since it begun to become a bit awkward.

“A-are you okay?” Ren asked in worry. I nodded and tugged his sleeve.

“Let’s get out of here. I feel. Kind of… awkward.” I muttered. Ren titled his head in confusion and nodded.

“Did something happen in the bathroom? Did… did he touch you!? HE DID, DIDN”T HE!” Ren cracked his knuckles and shrugged his shoulders as if he was going to fight.

“Yah!” I grabbed his arm and kept walking down the busy sidewalk. This guy. No, he did not touch me and you will not touch him. He was pretty nice. It was my fault for dropped the hot chocolate.

“I bet he did that on purpose so then he could get closer to you. I swear, I bet 5000 won that that guy likes you. And I mean , likes you.” Ren scoffed. I rolled my eyes and just concentrating on getting back to my condominium.

***

“Are you still having nightmares?” Ren asked curiously. I nodded and held my knees.

“Yeah. Occasionally. But I gotten used to it. Kind of. I still have the bottle.” I reached for the pretty char that Kevin has given me. I always kept it with me wherever I go. It sings me to sleep. It soothes me when fear overwhelmed my mind. It loves me. As much as I love Kevin. Ren smiled warmly and asked again:

“Any bruises?” I nodded and turned my head, exposing the nasty bruise on the side of my neck. Ren winced for me and his index finger over the blue mark. “I don’t understand why this is happening.”

“Don’t worry. I’m fine, really. You’re here now, I feel safer. I really do.” I smiled and placed my hand over his cheek. Ren’s cheek suddenly rose in heat. He rejected my hand and turned away. I stared at him in confusion. What’s… oh. The memory of that one night when Ren confessed popped into my mind. I’m sorry. I… Ren shook his head and murmured;

“I still… haven’t really gotten over that. So.” Ren sighed and flustered. I didn’t mean to make him blush or give him any assumptions. Mianhe. Ren smiled and shook his head. It’s cool besides he’s coming anyways.”

“Oh, come on. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—“ I froze and stared at Ren in shock. “What did you say?”

Ren stared back and shrugged; “What? I didn’t say anything.”

“Yes. You did. Say it again.” I sat beside him and looked at him seriously. “What did you say?”

“I didn’t say anything.”

“Liar.” I growled. Ren grabbed the bottle and ran to the kitchen. “YAH! What are you doing?” I ran after him as he ran around the counter. As soon as I caught him, he raised the bottle above my head. I tried reaching for it but it was impossible. “Stop! Give it back.”

“Shortie.” Ren smiled sneakily. I growled and jumped in the air about 6 times. I want my charm back! Give it back! I pleaded within my mind.

“Yah. You two. What’s with all the fighting?” I frozed and stared at Ren blankly. Ren sighed and smiled.

“It’s about time you made it. We went to the Café, her skirt got spilled on, I almost blew my cover, she cut my hair so short and blah! Sheesh. You’re slow.” Ren hissed. Ren handed back the charm and just smiled. I couldn’t turn back.

“Well. Sorry. I got caught up with traffic at the realm. All those clouds, man. I’m still getting used to travelling up there even if it’s been so long that I’ve been there. I will never get used to it.” Thump. Thump. Thump. I felt my heart race and my mind spin. My eyes stung. “Besides, it’s called being fashionably late.” I turned around hastily and stared at him. Him. The person I’ve been waiting for. Him. Him. Only him.

“K…K..” I murmured silently.

The young man smiled. Kevin. His hair was no longer the shining blond but a shimmering burgundy color. His skin stayed milky white as I could remember. His eyes. His smile. “Hey babe.” My breathing stifled when he greeted. He approached me with slow steps as he studied my expressions.

“Is… is it really you?” I asked, trembling. I placed both hands on his cheeks and stared at his almond-shaped eyes. “Is... is it?” I felt my eyes being to sting. Kevin smiled and whispered softly: “I’m home, baby girl.” I smiled and embraced him so tightly, I was probably losing my own blood circulation.

“I’ll leave you two be.” Ren smiled. Ren hopped out of  the window, leaving Kevin and I by ourselves.

Kevin let go and studied the condominium. “This is a nice place you got here…” He walked into the bedroom and walked around the bed. I sat on the bed and couldn’t stop staring at Kevin. I pinched my arm and winced. Kevin noticed and chuckled: “What are you doing?”

“Just.. making sure it isn’t a dream.” I smiled to myself. My smile faded as I thought about all those nights…alone. I held my arms and stared down at my bed sheets.

“Hey. Hey..” Kevin sat on the bed across from me and lifted my chin. “What’s the matter, babe?” I smiled sadly and hugged him once more, this time, leaning my head into the crook of his neck.

“I missed you so much. I… I felt so alone. You didn’t call. You never called.” I moved away from his embrace and stared at him despite the fact that tears were rolling down my face. Kevin felt pained; I could tell by his expression. He shook his head and pulled me back in for a hug. His hand my back as his chin rested on top of my head.

“I know. I’m sorry. I wasn’t allowed to.” He explained. His thumb brushed my cheek as he smiled towards his broken girlfriend.

“I’m so happy you’re home.” I smiled back, wiping the tears from my face.

“So am I.” He smiled. I smiled but before I knew it a sneaky yawn left my lips. Oops. I covered my mouth and smiled in embarrassment.

“Am I boring?” Kevin asked, pouting. I laughed and shook my head.

“I’m just so tired.”

Kevin positioned himself behind me and pulled my shoulders to lean against his chest. His lips landed on my forehead and then, he rested his back against the back board of the bed. “Go to sleep. I’m right here.”

I nodded and dug my head into his warm chest. “Are you really a full-fledged starlite now?” I felt Kevin nod. I held him as I laid down against him. Kevin pulled the blanket over my body and smiled.

“Do you want me to sing?”

“Yes. Please?”

“My pleasure, beautiful.”

I smiled and dozed off to sleep to his majestic voice.

He’s back, guys. He’s back.