Kidnapping

Love Works Wonders

 

IX.

 

 

“Do you see him?” Thirty-eight year old, Yuhan nudges his partner, thirty-three year old Jiwook, who was looking through binoculars. They were sitting in a tree, looking down upon the Kim’s family reunion.

 

Jiwook and Yuhan both didn’t like Kim Daeho simply because he betrayed them and put them out of business. They were supposed to have joint companies, but Daeho was selfish and only thought of himself. When Jiwook and Yuhan were kicked out of their offices they have been plotting for a while on how to take Daeho down - and they’ve finally figured out how. They were going to destroy him and tear his family apart. Kim Daeho will suffer just like the two of them did.

“I don’t know, there are a lot of teenage kids down there.” Jiwook answers.

Yuhan grumbles as he pulls out a photo. “Here, this is what he looks like.”

Jiwook takes a peak and then gives Yuhan an incredulous look. “Hyung, this picture is probably from ten years ago. I’m pretty sure the kid’s looks has changed.”

“There can’t be much of a difference,” Yuhan reasoned.

“Whatever, Yuhan. “ Jiwook shakes his head. The two sit in a bit of silence till Jiwook speaks again. “I have an idea.”

“What is it?”

“I need for you to camp outside the upstairs bathroom window and I’ll take care of the rest.” Jiwook instructs.

“What are you planning?” Yuhan questions as Jiwook begins to slide down from the tree.

“Just trust me.”

 

. . . . . . . .

 

Where is that damned kid? Jiwook asked himself as he pushed past the crowds of people.

He soon spots Kibum idling around the stairs by himself. Don’t screw this up, Jiwook.

He approaches the unaware Kibum with a fake smile. “Kibum!” Jiwook exclaims, frightening the seventeen year old.

“Y-Yes? Oh, welcome,” he bows at him with respect. “Please, enjoy the party.” Kibum can’t recall the man before him so he just assumes he is family from way back when he was a small baby.

“My, my, you’ve grown so much.” Jiwook pats his shoulders harshly. “How old are you now, son?”

“Seventeen,”

“Ah, quite the big boy now.” Jiwook chuckles. “Um, could you be a dear and guide me to the restroom?”

“Uh, sure, follow me…” Kibum gives his “uncle” a small smile and motions for him to follow him up the stairs.

Jiwook smiles sinisterly as he follows behind the teenage boy.

 

*******

 

Minho grabs Jonghyun tightly by the elbow and says into his ears; “Have you seen Mr. Kim’s son?”

“Are you talking about the kid with the flashy bow-tie?” Jonghyun replies, taking a sip from his glass of wine. He’s been drinking for the majority of the party, it’s a surprise he isn’t drunk yet.

Minho nods. “Yeah, I just saw him go up the stairs,”

“Thanks,” he grins. “Oh and Jonghyun…”

“Hm?”

“Lay off the alcohol would you?”

Jonghyun wanted to protest about how there wasn’t anything fun to do but he knew Minho would just say: “Well, I told you not to come didn’t I?” He watches in despair as Minho disappears into the living room. He thought he would get to hang out with Minho the entire time but he was so wrong. On occasion Minho would check up on him and have a little chat but he’d be gone in the next second.

Jonghyun had no idea Minho knew the owner of the Kim Gaming Business. And obviously they must’ve been close enough for him to invite him to his family reunion.

Jonghyun sighs to himself as he gulps his wine down; disregarding what Minho had told him.

 

 

*******

 

“So what are you now, a senior in high school?” Jiwook tries to make small talk as Kibum leads him down the hall.

Kibum nods. “Well, here’s the restroom.”

“Thanks.” Jiwook sends him a bright smile. “I swear my bladder might’ve exploded if it weren’t for you…”

“Haha, glad I could help.” Kibum bows and turns to go as Jiwook enters the bathroom.

Jiwook, with quick feet, goes to check the window to see if Yuhan is in the right position. When he sees that he is, he immediately starts his plan. “Kibum, wait a minute, I think there might be a problem with the toilet,”

Kibum returns to the restroom with a fake concerned look on his face. “What could possibly be wrong?”

“I think it might be clogged,” Jiwook lies. “Come have a look!”

As Kibum examines the toilet, Jiwook quietly shuts the door and locks it.

In a swift moment, Jiwook grabs Kibum and holds him in a tight head lock.

“Hey – what are you--” Kibum struggles against his grasp as he holds a white cloth up to his mouth. Kibum tries to avert his mouth from it but Jiwook has it clamped down hard. Kibum fights hard but his attempt ends in failure as his eyes begin to get heavy. Before he’s swallowed into a dark abyss he hears a voice calling for him, followed by banging on the door.