Thief?

Love Works Wonders

VI.

 

Minho froze becoming cross-eyed as he stared at the dangerous weapon before him. His eyes then leveled with the owner of the weapon, taking note that it was a revolver. He wore a black mask so it was hard to identify who he was, but Minho assumed it was a thief.

Swiftly, Minho kneed the man in his stomach making him fall back. He shot at Minho as he was falling, but missed. Minho then realized that the gun was silenced.
With the suitcase in hand, Minho dashed into the living room and dove behind a couch. The thief shot three more times at him; the third shot barely missing his hand. He could shoot back at him but his gun wasn’t silenced, and it was better not to wake up the whole damn house. They’d probably call the police and Minho did not need that. It was better for him to keep away from the law.
The only thing on Minho right now was a feeble little pocket knife and of course he needed to be up close to put it to use. The thief shot once more and broke the vase nearby him. He knew now that he had only one bullet left.

“Stop hiding, punk,” the thief hissed.

Minho pushed the suitcase under the couch and crawled towards the stranger as he continued to turn in complete circles looking for him. When his back was turned, he tackled him to the ground and struggled to strip him of the revolver. In the little brawl, the man shot his final bullet into the couch again.

 “Stop fighting, you have no more bullets, just stop,” Minho instructed as his hands gripped the man’s neck tightly. The man finally realized that he was powerless with his ammo-less gun.

“O-Okay,” he croaked tapping Minho’s large hands.

Minho’s grip loosened, but he stayed straddled atop of him. “State your business.”

Instead of replying, the man was swinging a knife at Minho’s throat. The knife barely grazed his neck. That split second that Minho was stunned the man pushed him off and made a beeline towards the stairs. It was surprising how he didn’t make much noise going up them. Minho followed suit, but as he soon as he reached the top of the stairs the man had vanished.

He pushed himself against the wall, listening hard for any sounds.

Then after a couple of seconds, he heard it – the light sound of a door shutting all the way down the hall.

Minho, with light feet, made his over and swung the door open on the count of three. One, two, three… There was nobody in the humongous bathroom but the window was wide open. Minho poked his head out and saw the man jumping down from the roof and across the large lawn.

Who was that man? Minho wondered to himself as he shut the window. As he turned to leave, he caught his reflection in the mirror. Oh damn, that looks terrible. He quickly snapped out of it and hastily made his way downstairs and into the now cluttered living room. He grabbed the suitcase he placed under the couch and looked over the room. Pillows were torn, causing feathers to be strewn all over the place, and there were plenty of holes imprinted in the couches. Minho sighed as he bolted out from the kitchen’s back door; so much for staying low. He had the feeling that they were definitely going to call the police about this.

 

. . . . . . . .

 

The next morning, Kibum was awoken by a loud, bloodcurdling scream. And it didn’t only wake him – but the whole god damn house. Kibum and the rest of the tenants rushed to the living room where the scream emitted from.

“Who and why would someone do something like this?!” Kibum’s mother wailed into his father’s shoulder when he wrapped a comforting arm around her small body.

His father repeatedly told her to calm down and that they should just get this placed cleaned and get the furniture replaced, but his mother was not having it. She wanted the police involved immediately.

“No, sweetie, no,” His father cooed. His voice sounded a bit urgent to Kibum. “We can just easily fix this up.”

“Fix this up?” she shrieked. “Fix this up!?” She shoved  her husband away and beckoned towards the shattered vase on the ground. “Do you know how much that’ll cost? Not only that, to replace all this furniture? Daeho, you have lost your mind!”

“I’ll fix it, I’ll handle it.” He reassured. “I promise.”

“Let’s see how you manage to do that,” she replied, stubbornly. She adjusted her black robe and pushed past the many maids and butlers that stood in her path.

“Sorry about that abrupt awakening,” He apologized to everyone. His eyes landed on his son. “Get ready for school, quickly, or you’ll be late.”

“Yes sir,” Kibum nodded.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

“God, Minho!” Jonghyun startled Minho that morning. He was in the middle of wrapping long gauze around his neck.

“Christ, Jonghyun!” Minho said, turning his back towards him. “Can’t you knock?”

Jonghyun ignored his question and spun him back around, tugging the gauze off. His eyes widened as he examined his roommate’s injury. “How the hell did something like this happen?”

“It’s nothing serious,” Minho said calmly as he picked up the gauze from the floor and began to wrap it around his neck again. “Stop freaking out.”

“Nothing serious? Minho, you need stitches!”

“Jonghyun, no! No stitches. That’s unnecessary.” Minho shook his head as he pulled over a black wife beater over his head. He began pulling on a button-down shirt when he spoke again; “The human body has the ability to heal itself, so I’ll be fine.”

“You say that, but I really think you should go to the doctor.”

Minho said nothing and pushed past him as adjusted his collar. “Okay, Jonghyun.” He saw no use in arguing with him.

Although he said okay, Jonghyun still knew that Minho would not even go near a hospital. He never listened to him and liked to do what he wanted to do.
Jonghyun sighed, frustrated with himself. Minho always kept him in the dark about everything and he believed they had been living together for a while now to at least share a couple personal things with each other.
Jonghyun swore the only thing he knew about Minho was that he was a Health teacher at a very prestigious school.

Nevertheless, Jonghyun still liked the guy.

Minho noticed how Jonghyun kept staring at him with that worried expression on his face as they ate breakfast. He ignored him however; he just needed to mind his own business right now.

His phone beeped, indicating a text message. Seeing that it was from his father, he quickly opened it up and read it.

I need to see you tonight, it’s important.

 

Minho sighed, already knowing what this would be about.


 

short chapter. it was orginally longer but I realized I was writing utter crap that had nothing to do with the plot so I just erased and erased and this is whats left. The next chapter should be way longer, hopefully.