Why Can't You Notice Me?

Why Can't You Notice Me?

TaeYeon's POV

Every night before I sleep I think about you. I dream of you in my sleep. I wake up hoping I can see you. I go to school just to see you.

My name is Kim TaeYeon. I am a second year in high school. My best friend is Lee Soonkyu, but people just call her Sunny. She is short like me. She has the face of a cat and has enough aegyo to stop a war. The two of us has been friends since elementary school. 

Our parents are friends and we're the same age so we grew up like sisters. Even though she was (and still is) a midget. She always protected me. She was stronger than any guy in our school and beat up every bully that tried to harass me.

When we were in 6th grade she beat up a group of 9th graders that tried to me. She ended up really injured, but she still worried about me.

Flash Back

"Sunny!! Help!! Go away! Please just leave me alone!" A group of 9th grade erts tried to touch me. I was screaming for help. 

Please anyone.

"Go brat! stop screaming. no one is going to save you" one of the guys said to me.

I was about to give up screaming when suddenly I heard a few of the guys scream.

"argh!!"

"Dammit!!"

"S**t!!"

I looked over to see who was beating up the guys. It was my best friend Sunny.

"You jerks!! How dare you touch my Taengo!!" I saw her charge at the leader that was grabbing me and punch him in the head. She even bit him. The leader let go of me and Sunny ran to me and was hugging me.

"Taengo.. I'm sorry. I promise I will never leave you side ever again. Now just stay here and let me take care of these jerks" I was worried and wanted the two of us just to escape. I don't want her to get hurt, but she just smiled at me. An assuring smile that she will win.

She beat up 3 of the guys unconscious already. I was beginning to think she would actually win, but then I saw the leader and the remaining guy that was not unconscious take out knives.

"Little b**ch. This will teach her a lesson!"

My heart sank when I saw what they were carrying in their hands

"... Sunny Stop!! Let's run!!"

I was too late. The lacky grabbed Sunny and the Leader stabbed Sunny in her left arm. I closed my eyes and I heard Sunny scream in agony.

"Ahhh!!!!"

"Sunny!!!" I was about to run to her, but she told me not to.

"Taengo. Stay there. I promised I would protect you." She kicked the leader in his crotch. While he was on the flooring screaming in pain. Sunny bit the guy that was holding her. She took the leader's knife and stabbed him in the same place he stabbed her.

"This is for stabbing me... and THIS is for touching my Taengo!!" She stabbed him again.

The other guy helped the leader up.The two were about to kill Sunny but then a couple of people came and saved us.

"Yes officers!! This way please. There are a couple of thugs attacking two little girls."

Three police officers came and arrested the guys. I was holding onto Sunny while crying.

"Taengo. Are you okay? Did I come on time? Please don't cry anymore. I hate seeing you cry" She smiled at me despite the immense pain she was feeling.

I just stayed silent and continued hugging her. An ambulance came and carried Sunny. I followed it and stayed by her side.

I visited her everyday while she was in the hospital. She still has a scar from where the guy stabbed her.

"Sunny I'm sorry you got injured because of me."

"It's fine... I'm glad you're okay. Although I hate the hospital. It's so boring. I actually can't wait to go back to school. I hope I don't have a lot of work to make up" She grinned at me

I couldn't help but smile at how optimistic my best friend is " Everyone at school thinks you're a hero"

"Heh.. I don't care what everyone thinks, I just care what you think of me"

"You're my hero"

Present Day

I pretty sure that was when I fell for Sunny. She was always my Hero. She always protected me and never left my side... until our freshmen year in high school. We only had about 4 out of all our class together. She started hanging out with this girl called Hyomin, who she had every class with. How I envied her. Even when we spent time together she always talked about Hyomin. I can see that she really liked Hyomin. 

It hurts...

At the end of freshmen year she asked Hyomin out. A part of me wanted her to be happy and a part of me was jealous. Hyomin turned her down. Apparently Hyomin liked another girl. I never saw Sunny cry that much. I wanted to just go and punch Hyomin for turning down the best girl anyone can ever ask for. Another part of me was kind of happy because this could mean I still have a chance.

Now we're at our sophomore year and I still haven't confessed. Sunny still hasn't gotten over Hyomin.

We're at the park together. It's a typical saturday. The two of us got tired of walking and sat on the bench.

She turned away from me and started looking at the sky.

"Taengo Ah.. Don't I have such bad luck? I just want to find someone that will love me. That's all I ask for. Is it that much of a bother that even god doesn't want to help me?"

I bit on my lip and just stayed silent.

"I know I should get over Hyomin. She doesn't love me and never will. I'm just hoping one day I will find someone that truly loves me"

I saw her still looking at the sky. I looked at her

"Sunny Ah.. I'm sure you will. One day you will find that lucky person. Heh, she could just be around the corner."

She turned to me and started smiling "You think so?"

I just faked a smile..

We got off the bench and started walking. She ran to get some food...

I stared at her from afar. Watching her get further away from me. Life is so unfair. Jessica and Tiffany are so happy together. I'm sure something is going on between YoonA and Yuri. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are so close. Why am I the only one that's suffering from unrequited love?

I looked up at the sky and said

"Sunny you will always have me. I truly do love you. God why can't you make her fall for me instead? Why do you continue to hurt me and sunny? Why do you continue to make Sunny love someone that won't love her back? Sunny why can't you see my feelings  for you?"

"Why can't you notice me?"

TBC