Two, because I realized that the last chapter looked like "11"

Broken Watch

It has been a few years since their first meeting, years since Tiffany became her legal guardian. Jessica came to recognize Tiffany as an older sister, for she had graduated four months ago,and was much too bubbly to be a mother in her eyes.  Tiffany was her world, despite her insane obsession with men, she was a fantastic guardian. She was Jessica's first friend, hugging her tightly on that icy day. She was Jessica's first guardian, providing her a fairly sized apartment, courtesy of her estranged father. She was Jessica's first kiss, even if  a select few don't count kisses to the cheek. All in all, Tiffany was first.

First to greet her when she came home, first to pat her on the head when 7th grade P.E started to get to her. She was first. Jessica understands this, you could even go as far as to say she enjoyed the fact that Tiffany was first in her life. It was true, she did. What bothered her to no end, was that she could never return the favor. She could never be first for Tiffany. She could never be her first friend. She could never be the first person to ever greet Tiffany when she came home. She could never be the first person to kiss Tiffany, heck, she couldn't even be her second or third. First is gold, second is silver, third is bronze. If she wasn't first, second, or third, what was she? Gold? Silver? Bronze? Nothing. She was nothing. She couldn't compare to the hundreds before her. At first, it was inferiority she felt whenever Tiffany brought home some "friend" from school. Then, it was jealousy, confusion, anger, when realizing that they weren't just a friend. Why had she lied? She was furious. Never had she been so angry in her life. Not even when her mother and father abandoned her on the cold, bitter streets of Seoul . . . okay maybe that was an exaggeration.  The point was, she was mad. Therefore, after school finished that day, she ran out the gates, looking for him. She ran, and ran, until she was met with a frown and a group of flocking birds pecking at her hair.  The woman before her was tall, slim, and really . . . not a woman at all. 

"Taemin! I need your help!" He flipped his hair, bringing the rest of his bread to his mouth. He stopped, looked at Jessica, then to himself, and tossed the bread to the ground. 

"What's your problem this time?" Jessica gave him a pointed stare, quirking an eyebrow at his attitude. She knew he was snarky, but there was something wrong . . . perhaps? 

"Taemin, did he find out?" She hit the nail on the perfectly combed head. He averted his gaze, looking to the birds pecking at his bread for refuge. He began quietly, his words faint; withering.

"Yes, he knows. I feel like . . . maybe he's always known." Jessica stumbled over to the flamboyant boy, wrapping her arms around him and unintentionally knocking off his wig. It fell to the ground, cursing at Jessica as it met the floor and was attacked by birds. Jessica looked to the wig in panic, wondering if Taemin noticed its unexpected departure. A rustle in the trees interrupted their moment. 

"Jessie? I knew you would be here! Hey- wait, who's that?" The intrusive woman gazed at the lanky boy for three seconds, pulling Jessica from his arms quickly, upon realizing who he was. She gave him the best mad dog face she could muster. It wasn't a very good one. 

"It's you."