Elixir of Affection

Elixir of Affection [Onew Oneshot]

                The tissues that once sat elegantly in its box were now littering the floor all around your bed. To say you were feeling a bit under the weather would be quite the understatement considering you have not got out of bed all morning. You couldn’t even get a decent night of sleep because of how terrible you felt. Your nose was congested and your throat grew incredibly dry as the night went on inhibiting your ability to fall into a blissful slumber. You rolled over onto your side and reached for your clock on your nightstand. With your tired eyes, you read the clock that displayed 11AM in bright red.

Well, looks like its going to be brunch for me.

                   You carefully crawled out of the warm comfort of your bed and dragged yourself into the bathroom to freshen up. As you brushed your teeth, you gazed into the mirror and noticed your nose that looked like a red luminescent bulb. You needed this cold to blow over—and fast because there was no way you were going to spend your evening with Onew looking like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. You've been looking forward to this date all week since he hardly ever gets the time to take you out as a result of his busy schedule. His tour with s was quickly approaching as well, so you knew this may be the last date you would share with him till he returns from his tour. As soon as you finished eating your breakfast of frozen waffles, you sprinted to your medicine cabinet and pulled out come cold medicine.

Well Tylenol you better work your magic!

            You swallowed your medicine along with your French vanilla coffee to ease its rather bitter taste. You glanced up at the clock and noticed it was only 12:30PM. Since you had plenty of time before Onew's arrival, you decided you'd take a power nap-at least that's what you called it. In reality, you failed to read the side effects that came along with your medication so you ended up feeling significantly drowsier than usual. Before you knew it, you were back in the cozy arms of your comforter lying besides your hello kitty plushy that Onew had given you for your birthday. It wasn't long before you slipped into your dreamland completely losing your touch with the world around you that is until you hear the song "A Thousand Years" fill your room. You immediately popped your head off the mattress and dug your hand underneath your pillow for your cell phone.

"Y-Y-Yubsaeyo?" you mumbled partially asleep.
"______-ah! What are you up to? Open the door silly!"
"E-e-eh?" you responded in a flustered manner.
"_____-ah...it's Onew! Could you please open the door? It's cold!" Onew pouted. Startled, you threw your phone up in the air and migrated your eyes towards your clock.

4PM?!? HE'S TWO HOURS EARLIER. AISH, THIS IS TAKING PUNCTUALITY TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL!

            You rushed towards your front door while trying to brush out your messy bed hair with your fingers. As soon as you smoothed out all the kinks in your hair, you opened the door with a gleaming smile polished on your face. The moment your eyes met Onew's your heart skipped a beat. He greeted you with a bright smile to match yours as he revealed the velvety red roses he had concealed behind his back.

            "Omo...oppa they're beautiful" you exclaimed in awe inhaling their sweet fragrance.
            "Yup! Just like you!" Onew teased pinching your cheek as he entered your house. You helped him remove his jacket and hung it up on the coat rack.

            “Not that I’m not thrilled to see you or anything but…what are you doing here?” you inquired with a confused expression.

“Well we finished rehearsal early so I thought I might as well drop in” Onew explained slowly approaching you and lacing his fingers with yours. His innocent face remained glued to yours thoroughly examining your face with a sudden tint of suspicion. “_____-ah, is everything okay? There’s something different about you...”

            “Eh? I’m perfectly fine!” you assured trying to ignore the pain in your throat.

            “Are you sure…? You look paler than usual.” Onew quickly brought his hand to your forehead; “You’re burning up!” he exclaimed apprehensively with his eyes lighting up like fluorescent light bulbs. You casually pushed his hand away and laughed in amusement.

            “Oh stop! You were outside in the cold—anything would seem warm to you!”

            “But…but…why is your nose swollen?” Onew interrogated skeptically tilting his head to one side. “You’re sick aren’t you?!?”

            “Ha! Sick? Me? I rarely get sick, don’t be ridiculous!” you defended playfully pushing him away.

            “Well looks like today is one of those rare days then…” Onew replied slithering his arm around your waist. “Why can’t you just tell me you’re not feeling well?” he asked disappointedly nuzzling your button nose with his.

            “Because I didn’t want to ruin our date tonight…I knew you had plans to have dinner downtown in Seoul and I didn’t want to be the reason to ruin that” you mumbled overcome with guilt.

            “Well there was no way I was going to take you out in the cold like this in the first place” Onew chuckled gently patting your head. “And you’re not going to ruin our date—we can have it right here! Dinner’s on me!” Onew announced proudly smiling ear to ear. 

            “M-m-mwuh?!” you exclaimed rather flattered by his offer. “At least let me help you then.”

            “No way! You’re going straight to bed” Onew answered leading you to your bedroom with his arm fixed around your waist.

            “You’re not gonna let me help you with anything are you?” you inquired climbing into your plush bed while Onew pulled back your floral comforter for you.
            “Nope! You’re lucky if I even let you out of bed” Onew informed as he carefully tucked you in. “Let me know if you need anything okay?” You nodded your head in agreement as Onew gently smoothed your fringe blanketing your forehead. “I’ll come wake you up when dinner’s ready okay? Now sleep.” Onew leaned down and softly pecked your cheek with his plush lips, before disappearing into the hallway.

             There was no way you were going to be able to fall asleep after being completely knocked out all day. As much as you tossed and turned in your bed, your body was in no mood to slumber. You hugged your Hello Kitty plushy tightly to your chest and sighed exasperatedly. It wasn’t long before you suddenly felt a savory aroma tickle your nostrils. You’ve never tried Onew’s cooking before since you both usually go out to eat, but now you could hardly wait. The enchanting fragrance continued to seep into your room, almost hugging you with its charm. You couldn’t take the teasing of the aroma any longer—you had to see what Onew was cooking up. You crept out of your bed and slowly sauntered in the kitchen trying to be as quiet as a mouse. As you peeked into the kitchen, you noticed Onew standing behind the stove stirring a giant steel pot that was exploding hazy steam. Careful as to not make a sound, you tip toed towards him feeling the alluring aroma warmly greet you.

              “Mmm~ it smells delicious!” you exclaimed eager to have a taste. Oblivious to your entrance, Onew literally jumped letting his wooden spoon fall from his hands. You quickly covered your mouth in response in an attempt to conceal your laughter, but you couldn’t help it—Onew had always been such a klutz. He immediately spun around to face you with surprised eyes.

               “Hey! What are you doing out of bed missy?” Onew questioned playfully poking your forehead.

               “It’s not my fault, I would have slept perfectly fine if it weren’t for you cooking up a storm in here” you answered drawing your towards the contents boiling in the pot. “Ooo! It looks so good!” Onew swiftly fetched another spoon from the drawer and scooped a bit of his masterpiece out of the steaming pot. He slowly raised the spoon to his mouth and gently blew on it before bringing the spoon to your lips.   

               “Here try it! I made it especially for you” Onew stated with a precious smile on his bright face. As the warm liquid filled your mouth, your eyes lit up like fireworks on New Year’s Day. The taste was so comforting making you feel as if you were floating on a cloud approaching the warm rays of the Sun. Even as you swallowed it, it soothed your throat, alleviating the pain that had been bothering you since morning.

                “Omo! Mashisseoyo!(delicious)”  you exclaimed with an elated smile on your face giving Onew a thumbs up.

               “Jinja? It’s my first time ever making this, but the members and I ate it a lot when were in Japan.”

                “What’s it called?” you asked curiously while taking the spoon from Onew and diving into the pot for more.

                “It’s miso soup! I thought that it would help you with your cold” Onew answered taking your petite hands and pulling you close. “I hate seeing you sick like this” he pouted with his plump lips.

                “Aw oppa, don’t worry it’s just a cold. I’ll be okay in no time” you assured wrapping your arms around him and hugging him tightly. “Komowayo.”

                “Eh? Waeyo?” Onew asked disconcertedly while peering down at you.

                “For taking such good care of me” you cooed hearing the placid beats of his warm heart echo in your ears.

                “Ya~ you thank me for such silly things” Onew chuckled as he ran his fingers through your silky hair. “I will always take care of you!” You looked up at him and placed your arms around his sleek neck while he wrapped his arms around your waist.

                “Promise?” you asked in his favorite childish voice.  Onew laughed and slowly inched his lush lips closer to yours.

                “I promise” he replied before softly pressing his lips against yours in a kiss as sweet as candy. In that moment, the memories of all the pain and discomfort you had felt that morning suddenly vanquished. With Onew you knew you would recover from your cold in no time because you were in the hands of the sweetest guy on the planet and to you that was the ultimate medicine any girl could ask for.    


Hehe~ I bet we all wish we could have someone like Onew to take care of us when we're sick!!!! 

I hope I left you guys feeling all WARM AND FUZZY ON THE INSDIDE! TEEHEE ^^

PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS DOWN BELOW!!!! :) <3 <3 <3