Cupid at Work Again

Disgraceful LOΛE

“Baekho,” Ren asked after he had achieved his plan of locking Sandy and Aron in that closet together, “how would you feel if Sandy and Aron got back together?”

“Why do you ask?” Baekho responded as he looked up from the game he was playing on his phone.

“Just curious. Do you still love her?”

“Ren, have you ever been in love?”

“Nope. Too young for that,” Ren responded with a look of aversion.

“Well, when in the future, you do fall in love, you’ll understand that it’s not so simple.”

“Love shmove my , Baekho. I know what love is. It’s liking a person so much you want to spend the rest of your life with them, it’s wanting to make them happy. It’s not complicated at all. Now what I’m asking you is if you still love her. It’s a simple question.”

“Yes I do.”

“So you won’t like it if she’s happy with Aron?”

“I’ll be happy that she’s happy, but sad that it’s not me making her happy.”

Ren sighed and shook his head in disapproval at Baekho. He’s been trying to think up ways to make Baekho happy, but is there really a solution this dilemma? There isn’t one besides making Baekho forget about her and that won’t be easy to do.

“So Baekho,” Ren continued, “imagine a girl you know comes up to you right now and tells you she loves you the way you love Sandy. What would you do then? Reject her because you don’t love her back? Or would you give her chance?”

“Depends on who it is.”

Ren contemplated whether or not he should tell Baekho. Ren has always had the eyes of a Cupid. He knows that how a girl feels about someone just by the way she looks at that person. Just then, JR came into the room and Ren decided to shut up for now.

“Where’s Aron?” JR asked.

“I don’t know he said he wants to go buy junk food at the super market,” Ren lied. Leader would be very angry to know that Ren had locked Aron up in a closet with a girl that cheated on him.

“I see,” JR said, “anyways, have you seen my phone?”

“Yeah,” Ren said, pointing to his bedside counter. “I was just going through it.”

“What were you doing?”

“I want to see if you had Angry Birds, that’s it.”

JR narrowed his eyes at Ren. He knew that Ren wasn’t telling the truth, but he also knew that it would be futile to ask what Ren was really doing; Ren would never tell the truth if he doesn’t want to. He just gave a Ren a glare of disapproval for lying, took his phone and left the room.

“So what were you really doing on JR’s phone?” Baekho asked.

Ren smirked at Baekho. “Remember when JR had his coma?”

“Yeah?”

“And his family had flown over?”

“Yes?”

“What do you think of his big sister?”

Baekho narrowed his eyes seriously at the random question.

“She likes you Baekho,” Ren said.

“You’re imagining things.”

“No I’m not. While I was going through JR’s phone to find her number for you, I actually ran into a couple of text messages she and JR exchanged. She keeps asking about you, and JR keeps telling her to get over her crush.”

“You’re an evil little maknae,” Baekho smiled at Ren. He saw a small blush creep up onto Baekho’s face. Ren smiled back at Baekho triumphantly.

“You’re blushing; you like her!”

“She’s pretty and all but…”

“No buts! Forget Sandy, just go for it. Here, I stole her number from JR’s phone, talk to her.” Ren took out the slip of paper he had in his pocket and handed it to Baekho.

Baekho looked at the slip in Ren’s hands, reluctant to take it.

“But… but Jonghyun wouldn’t want me to. And I’m not the one that should make the first move, she is. I’m not the one that likes her,” Baekho said.

“Fine then,” Ren said, putting the clip of paper into his pocket again. “I’ll just tell her exactly what you said. Plus I’ll tell her you blushed at the thought of her and I’ll give her your number. Capice?”

“Evil maknae cupid,” Baekho smiled at Ren before pulling Ren into a big hug, “I love you, Cupid.”

Ren pushed Baekho away violently, “Yah, save all you affection for JR’s sister.”

Baekho blushed and scratched the back of his neck sheepishly.

“So it was easy for you to get over Sandy,” Ren continued.

“No, I just figured you were being a SandRon Cupid as well and so now I know I have no chance with her. And if I can make Jonghyun’s sister happy, why not?”

“Yeah, yeah, excuses, excuses. Shut up Baekho, you like her too. You might not love her like Sandy, but you like her too.”

“Possibly,” Baekho raised his shoulders and his cheeks turned slightly pink.

--

A few hours passed when Aron came storming into Baekho and Ren’s room. Ren had been blow-drying his hair and Baekho was taking a shower.

“Aron! How did you get out?” Ren asked when he saw Aron, disappointed that his plan had failed.

Aron put his arms around his Cupid and pulled him into a hug. “I love you, Ren.”

“I love you too hyung,” Ren said pushing Aron away, “so do you love me because it worked out?” Ren asked smirking.

“It worked out. Thank you so much,” Aron said sincerely looking at Ren with utter endearment.

“No problem hyung. So finally, everyone’s happy,” Ren said with relief.

“Baekho?”

“I’ve dealt with him. I used my matchmaking skills and set him up with JR’s sister.”

Aron laughed. “You’re amazing.”

“Shut up, and tell me what happened between you two,” Ren said, taking Aron’s hand and leading him to the bed where they sat.

Aron told Ren what had happened between him and Sandy. Ren listened, happy for his hyung and for Sandy. He was happy to see Aron smiling ever so delightfully as he recounted the events that had occurred between them. He was happy to learn that they kissed.

When Aron talked about the kiss, Ren couldn’t help it when his eyes fluttered to his hyung’s lips. He quickly averted them before Aron could notice. He realized how much he’d like to kiss those lips, but then mentally smacked himself. He was Cupid, and Cupids were not supposed to want to kiss their victims.

That last paragraph, I wasn’t planning to write, but it sort of just came naturally. I won’t make anything out of it; it’s not going to complicate things and I’m not going to make like a whole other problem from it. It’s just there for a little drama lol.

Anyways, this is coming to an end, as you can tell. One more chapter. Or maybe two, we’ll see. :) So what do you guys think?

Oh, and if you guys go back to Chapter 13, you’ll see I changed it so that it’s clear the JR’s sister was there. But yeah, I needed to make Baekho happy somehow, so there we go :)

And I’d also like to thank all of who voted for EXOtic LO/\E for the Awards thing. Really, I didn’t know so many people would vote for it :3 Thank you, thank you so much <3