Catnapped

y, Kidnapped and Hitched

It was strange how they suddenly found themselves hiding behind a row of bushes. It wasn't like they couldn't be seen. Heck, they stuck out like a sore thumbs in Donghwa's eyes, especially with Little Miss Genius Aerin wearing those hot pink bunny ears. Sure, nobody would see them.

Donghwa rolled his eyes and sighed annoyingly, finally letting some logic seep into his brain and how all the- we-are-going to-kidnap-Super-Junior fiasco began to sound incredibly ridiculous. "So what exactly are we spying on right now?" Jinae asked, peeking above the prickly leaves. Her legs were already sore from squatting for practically the last one hour.

Aerin pointed out to something over the bushes and smiled eerily, "That."

Everybody's eyes followed her pointed finger - until Seulra gasped.
"We're going to kidnap a cat?" Minkyung's eyes were wide with horror. Hyunrae's mouth fell open, probably stumped over the completely ridiculous and idiotic idea.

Hyunrae sighed tiredly and looked back to the object they were supposed to kidnap. The small orange feline was sleeping soundly in the middle of the park, with many people enjoying the peaceful Sunday morning. Some men were jogging while some women were seated by the bench with their dogs and gossiping together.

Minkyung raised a hand, "In front of all those people? What if the owner finds out?"

Aerin smiled creepily once again, her eyes faltering towards her fidgeting fingers, "She's a stray cat. I've been observing her."

Minkyung made a scared face when Donghwa scoffed, "You stalked a freaking cat? Oh my goodness, Aerin-ah. Are you that crazy?"

Aerin poute , "I'm not crazy. I just have a few loose screws. A few only, okay ?"

Everybody shook their heads. Aerin was truly remarkably strange. Hyunrae's eyes met Jinae's wondering ones. "Why is Sungjae on the tree?" Jinae finally asked, pointing straight to a huge tree behind Aerin.

Aerin turned around, enough to see Sungjae sitting on the tree in all dark-green clothing except for his red checker scarf. He must've seen Aerin staring at him when he suddenly waved at the girls and Donghwa crouching behind the low row of bushes. "He'll be timing our little plan," Aerin answered.

"Is this seriously the 'brilliant' idea you were talking about?" Donghwa raised an eyebrow and air-quoted the word 'brilliant'. He was honestly very displeased.

Aerin beamed and showed two thumbs up, "Yup. Isn't it just perfect? We can test our agilities and speed."

Donghwa let out a small cry of disappointment and started to hit his chest continuously. In a frustrated tone, the dramatic boy began, "Kidnapping a ing cat? A cat?!"

He looked over the bush when his eyes found the sleeping orange cat by the fountain in the middle of the park. The shadows from the leaves above gently bristled against each other as Donghwa watched the cats pointed ears start to move around slowly and its tail flicking around gently.

Aerin scowled and defended, "Hey, watch your mouth! At least it's a cute cat, unlike you."

Donghwa's jaw fell and horror washed over his face. "You little monster! How dare you call me ugly? Look at my angelic face," he shouted at her, lunching forward with burning eyes, hands extended and ready to claw Aerin.

Hyunrae and Jinae interfered and broke the two apart who were practically pulling out each other's hair. Hyunrae grabbed Donghwa by the throat and locked him into a headlock. "You ! She's a girl," both Hyunrae and Jinae shouted in unison and pulled Donghwa back.

"Can we just get this over and done with, please?" Hyunrae asked, acid seeping into her voice and tousled Donghwa's hair. When Hyunrae's hand loosens, Donghwa immediately flipped his bangs and rolled his eyes at Aerin.

In return, the girl fixed her hair and glared hard at Donghwa.

"Enough," Jinae flicked Donghwa's forehead, "Let's go kidnap the cat."

Aerin and Seulra both tried to stifle their laugh as pain drew across Donghwa's face. His nose was scrunched as his hands shakily and anxiously rubbed the red spot on his forehead. Jinae shook her head before standing up with Minkyung and Jinae. "Let's do this!" Minkyung pumped her fist into the air and started to tip-toe across the park and over to the sleeping cat. Hyunrae gestured for Seulra to follow her and the latter nodded, taking small strides, noticing Hyunrae's shoelace wasn't tied.

"Hyunrae, your shoelace," she pointed down to Hyunrae's feet who in return flashed a smile.

"It’s okay, Seulra, I’ll tie it later." And Hyunrae quickly jogged away, catching up with Minkyung.

Meanwhile , Aerin and Donghwa were walking far from each other yet both taking long strides, stealing glances at each other every once in a while.

Today was just like any other Sunday. Sunny and windy. Just the perfect day for a relaxing sleep. In one corner of the park, a group of little girls dressed in motley colours were busy feeding a flock of pigeons while the women beside them were busy gossiping.

It wasn't until they were almost halfway to where the cat was sleeping, that Seulra realized Hyunrae's shoelaces were still untied.
“Aish , this girl,” Seulra muttered when all of a sudden Donghwa ran past by with a smile. He caught up with Hyunrae and instantly, Seulra couldn't help but feel something was about to happen. Seulra averted her eyes back and forth between Hyunrae's long and untied shoelace being dragged over the grass and Donghwa's feet that was a tad too close to the untied shoelace.

A moment later, Seulra watched as both the statures in front of her fall to the ground, struggling and momentarily fazed.

"You idiot! You stepped on my shoelace!" Hyunrae practically screamed into Donghwa's ears and started to pull at his hair. He winced in pain as they both rolled around on the grass like little children. Seulra ignored them, thinking to herself -

'I told you so, Hyunrae.'

"Why are you so annoying?" Seulra heard Hyunrae scream as she ran past by those two, catching up with Aerin who was jogging at a relaxing pace.

Both Aerin and Seulra watched how the two fastest runners ahead of them, Minkyung and Jinae , seem to have a competition between them. As they jogged up closer to the fountain, Aerin started to slow down, eyes glued to her right. It wasn't long when Seulra felt Aerin grab onto her arm tightly.

"Where are we going Aerin?" Seulra asked as Aerin dragged her along and out of the path to the fountain. It didn't take long for Seulra to understand. She poked her head over Aerin's shoulder and saw a rabbit - or bunny maybe - in front of them.

"Why are rabbits and bunnies different, Seulra ?" Aerin asked as she knelt over to touch the rabbit - or bunny. Seulra looked over her left shoulder and shrugged. Both Minkyung and Jinae have already reached the fountain and now they were trying to capture the cat.

Seulra looked over her right shoulder and saw Donghwa and Hyunrae still rolling around on the grass while pulling at each other’s hair. Her gaze returned to a crouching Aerin and a bunny - or rabbit when her ears picked up a familiar and welcoming sound. She looked straight ahead of her and broke into a huge grin. "The Ice-Cream man !" she cheered and hurriedly skipped over to the petite and friendly looking ice-cream seller.

Sungjae sat on the branch feeling extra nervous. He was afraid it would break. His hands were glued to the brach and his eyes never broke contact with his group - except for when Hyunrae and Donghwa fell. He was humming a tune when he saw Seulra running of somewhere.

He instantly fumbled around with the binoculars around his neck and looked into it to see Seulra running off to an ice-cream vendor. Unconsciously he shook his head before moving the binoculars over the park until he saw two tiny statures that were supposed to be Minkyung and Jinae - the only two sane people in the group.

He let go of the bulky object and stared at the timer on the stopwatch. Almost 6 minutes now. He groaned and leaned back against the tree bark, resting his eyes. Jinae heaved a sigh of relief when she arrived at the fountain and immediately reached out for the orange cat when Minkyung ran into her at full speed by accident - knocking Jinae off her feet and sending her flying into the fountain - wet and cold.

Jinae wiped the water on her face and sent daggers at Minkyung through her cold glare. The latter flashed an apologetic smile before chasing after the now-awake cat around the fountain.

Jinae pulled herself out of the fountain, pushing back the hair that stuck to her face when Minkyung and the cat came her way. Without hesitation, Jinae captured the little orange feline in her arms and stumbled backwards, falling onto the grass.

It was strange how Aerin had convinced Jinae that nobody at the park would see them trying to kidnap a cat when right now, all eyes were on her - and the reluctant cat in her arms.

"I am never listening to that airhead ever again," Jinae heard Minkyung mutter as she helped Jinae up to her feet.  Jinae smoothened the lapels of her grey jeans and realized that only her and Minkyung were around. Where were Donghwa, Hyunrae, Seulra and Aerin -

Ah, there they were.

Jinae's eyes widened a fraction of an inch when she saw Hyunrae and Donghwa rolling on the grass , Seulra over at the other far side of the park having ice cream and Aerin petting a bunny - or is it a rabbit ?

"Are rabbits and bunnies different?" Jinae turned to Minkyung. The latter shrugged. "I don't know. I don't care. Let's go , I'm tired."

Suddenly, realization hit her and Jinae looked up instantly.

"Sungjae! Sungjae! I got it! I got the cat!" Jinae jumped up and down excitedly and broke into a big smile when Sungjae waved back.

He stopped the stopwatch and jotted down the numbers.

"7 minutes 54 seconds," he whispered to himself and looked down in between his dangling feet and scratched his head, ", how do I get down now?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Helloooo! So how did you guys find this chapter? Good^^? Bad=.=? Comment away!!! Hihi... Peace out!^__~