Persuading

y, Kidnapped and Hitched

Hell NO!” Hyunrae answered back.

            Just then, Donghwa grew annoyed, so, he pulled Seulra off the chair as he replaced Seulra by standing on the chair. “You,” he pointed at Hyunrae and continued to say, “Don’t you want money, so, that you can clear off the hospital bill?” Hyunrae could not reply as she just lowered her head, thinking about her mother.

            “You,” Donghwa reiterated as his index finger was now pointing at Minkyung as he remarked, “Do you want to stay at my house forever until your father finds you there? Don’t you want to find an apartment to stay in?” Minkyung looked away from her cousin and bit her inner cheek in hesitation.

            Then, Donghwa turned to look at Jinae, “You, Baek Jinae, you’re running out of money right? Soon, you’ll have to go to college. Do you have enough money to pay for your education? Do you have enough money to pay your rent?”

            Lastly, Donghwa pointed at Aerin while saying, “Aerin. Do you want to continue being chased by the loan shark because of your father who loves to gamble very much? You want to pay off the debt and just walk away right? So, let do this.”

            “You’re crazy,” Jinae snickered.

            “Yes, I’m crazy. So what?!” Seulra shouted.

            “Shut up,” Hyunrae said dryly and the surrounding quickly quieted down. The 4 girls were deep in a conversation while Donghwa and Seulra stood at the side waiting for an answer. “I don’t know about this,” Seulra heard Hyunrae saying to the other friends.

            Donghwa and Seulra looked at each other, while holding hands, the two of them prayed hard so that the decision would be positive. “When is the concert anyway?” Minkyung suddenly asked.

            “In two weeks time,” Donghwa answered, sounding hopeful.

            “What about the time?” Aerin mumbled.

            “It starts at 8 p.m.” Donghwa obediently replied.

            “Is this a yes?!” Seulra looked ecstatic.

            “We’re in for the money,” Hyunrae and Jinae mentioned in a monotonous tone.

            Donghwa squealed as he jumped up and down, full of excitement. “This is so awesome. Seulra-ahh, this is the only good idea you came up with so far. I’m so proud of you,” Donghwa squealed.

            “Thanks you guys. Love you guys forever,” Seulra said as they group hugged.

            Hyunrae sighed and said, “You guys can do all the planning at my place. My little brother is with my aunt and my mom is still in the hospital so no one is going to bother us.” Donghwa eyes bugged out as he ran happily towards Hyunrae and hugged her.

            “You are my lifesaver,” he said.

            “I’m in it too,” a voice was suddenly heard as the 6 friends stopped hugging.

            Hyunrae squirmed away from Donghwa’s bear hug and searched for the person who was talking. Her eyes scanned around the place and finally caught the figure who was sitting right beside the window mysteriously. “I’m sorry, but who are you?” Jinae stood beside Hyunrae looking perplex.

            The stranger stood up from his seat and walked towards the 6 best friends. He was wearing all-black and even though his scarf was covering almost half of his face, Hyunrae could tell who the person was. The colour of her face drained away while her tongue grew cold. “Hey, Hyunrae… It’s me, Sungjae,” the figure took away his scarf and smiled dashingly at Hyunrae.

 

            The other 5 friends stared at Hyunrae as Seulra asked, “You know him?”

            Damn right she knows him. How could she not? He was her childhood friend. “Sungjae,” Hyunrae said with creased forehead. Im Sungjae. That was the name that was given to the stranger that was standing before them. Sungjae had been Hyunrae’s best friend even before they could walk. The two of them would play in the park every evening a few years ago but it suddenly stopped.

            It was not Sungjae’s fault that Hyunrae had stopped meeting him. It was solely Im Sunghoon’s fault. Im Sunghoon was Sungjae’s father as he was also the boss of a mafia gang called ‘Demon’. Hyunrae’s father on the other hand was Sunghoon’s right-hand person and he had been loyal to that man for a very long time. That was not all.

            Im Sunghoon was not only the man who had employed Hyunrae’s father but he was also the man who had murdered Hyunrae’s father. Hyunrae had broken off her friendship with Sungjae due to the incident that had occurred one evening, the particular evening when Sunghoon had forced her to witness her own father’s death. 

            “What’s your relationship with Hyunrae?” Donghwa stated protectively.

            “I’m her-” Sungjae was about to say but Hyunrae cut him off with an answer of her own.

            She said, “He used to be a friend of mine.”

            “Used to?” Minkyung raised her brow.

            “It’s a long story,” Hyunrae muttered and looked away from Sungjae in abhorrence.

            “So am I in?” Sungjae asked casually.

            “Dude, you can’t just join like that,” Aerin stared at Sungjae.

            “I can,” Sungjae smirked.

            “Who the are you, trying to act all y in front me?” Donghwa barked.

            “It’s simple really, let me join and I won’t report to the police,” Sungjae calmly said.

            At the mention of reporting to the police, Donghwa went to Sungjae’s side and with an overly-nice tone, he began, “How about we have talk about this matter over some coffee?” Then, Donghwa turned to Seulra to say, “Yah, go and make some coffee for our lovely friend here.” Seulra sulked, walking away, cussing under her breathe.  After ordering Seulra to make some coffee, Donghwa led Sungjae to the table to sit and with his hand clasped together he said, “So, you were saying something about joining us?”

            Sungjae smirked and said, “Yes, I want to join. Would that be a problem?”

            “Of course not,” Donghwa smiled as wide as he could, trying to be friendly to prevent Sungjae from reporting their plan to the police. Donghwa looked at Hyunrae with his eyes wide opened while saying, “We’re fine with it right, Hyunrae?”

            Hyunrae was furious but she bottled it in to avoid creating a scene and then said through gritted teeth, “I’m out if he joins. I don’t give a .”

            Panic, Donghwa went to her side and said, “We’re in this together.”

            “No we aren’t. If he-” Hyunrae stared at Sungjae long and hard, “is here, I don’t want to do this alright? Stop begging because it’s not going to work. It’s either you choose me or that dude whom you just know. Hyunrae crossed her arms stubbornly, looking away from Sungjae.

            Then, Sungjae stood up from his seat and walked to the window, watching the pedestrian outside the café walking about on the streets. “Should I call the police now? Or would you prefer tomorrow so that you can prepare your mind for it?” he asked while holding his cell phone in the air mockingly, eyes still roaming around the scenery outside.

            Meanwhile, Jinae was in her own little world, admiring every features of the man she had just met. Sungjae’s strong jaw line, dark and dreamy brown eyes which were almost covered by his bangs and his jet-black hair made him looked mysterious as it was settled effortlessly on his pale skin. The twinkle in his every time he talked showed off his charisma and Jinae fell deep into his trap when she heard his silky voice. His smile enlightened his whole face, putting aside his cold-looking expression, mesmerising Jinae even more.

            One thing that had struck her was that, Sungjae was so similar to the boy whom she had met at the orphanage when she was a little girl. Since her parents had died in a car accident, leaving behind Jinae as the sole survivor, she was placed in an orphanage at the age of 6 and met the boy. Jinae played with the boy and had accidentally fell in love with him but she had decided to leave the place at the age of 16 to try to live in the outside world.

            Donghwa tugged Hyunrae’s hand, pleading her telekinetically, using his expression as a messenger. Hyunrae looked to her right and saw Jinae, Seulra, Minkyung and Aerin staring at her, waiting for the right answer to come out of . With a sigh, Hyunrae lowered her head and muttered, “Alright, let’s do this .”

            “Yes!” Donghwa and Seulra cheered while the rest stayed silent.

            “So where do we start?” Sungjae asked.

            “Good question, dude,” Minkyung unconsciously said.

***

            Since Aerin’s house was the closest to Seulra, the two of them decided to walk together to Hyunrae’s house which was only 10 minutes away from their houses. “Do you think this plan would work?” Aerin suddenly asked.

            “Honestly,” Seulra scrunched her nose, “I don’t know.”

            “But Seulra, it was your idea,” Aerin complained.

            “Hey, hey, I may be the one who gave the idea but I can’t guarantee you that it will work. I’m not a fortune-teller,” Seulra shrugged and jammed her hand into the pocket of her jeans.

            Aerin’s eye widened as she stared at Seulra in doubt.

            “That’s Donghwa and Minkyung,” Seulra pointed at the two figures walking at the opposite of them from another end of the road. “Donghwa-ahh! Minkyung-ahh!” Seulra called as she and Aerin waved at their friends ahead of them happily.

            Finally, the four of them reunited in front of Hyunrae’s house after waving at each other like a bunch of retarded monkeys. “Are you guys that happy to see the almighty Park Donghwa?” said Donghwa while smiling at his friends.

            “Please,” Seulra put up her hand in front of Donghwa’s face, “I was waving at Minkyung, not you!” she stuck out her tongue at Donghwa who flicked her forehead in return. “Ouch! That hurt!” Seulra whined and rubbed her forehead.

            Donghwa smirked, “Serves you right.”

            “Yah!” Seulra was about to hit Donghwa but Minkyung managed to stop her.

            “Let’s go. If you kill him now, Hyunrae would be mad because we’re killing Donghwa without her,” Minkyung told Seulra and she calmed down instantly.

            “Hyunrae will kill you for me,” Seulra happily stated.

            “Aish!” Donghwa flipped his bangs dramatically.

            The four of them was about to enter Hyunrae’s house through the gate when they suddenly saw Sungjae coming out of the house next door. “Oh,” Minkyung looked at Sungjae and then her friends. “That’s Im Sungjae,” Minkyung voiced out while her friends nodded in union.

            “Hi,” Sungjae said with a small nod.

            “Oh my god, are you a stalker or something?” Donghwa gasped, “Why are you coming out from the house next to Hyunrae’s house? If you’re stalking her, I’ll make sure to claw your eyes out and let you bleed to death,” he started to taunt Sungjae.

            Sungjae snickered, “I’m her neighbour, idiot.”

            At that moment, Hyunrae came out of her house and stood at the door with her hands on her hips, Jinae was standing beside Hyunrae looking clueless by the gathering in front of Hyunrae’s house. “What are you doing? Come in faster will you?” Hyunrae barked. “We don’t have all day people! The clock is ticking and we haven’t start anything just yet,” she said more as her friends who were outside her house started to trudge into her house.

            “Stop babbling, you start to sound like my grandma,” Donghwa huffed.

            “How about you start walking a little bit faster? You’re starting to walk like my grandpa,” Hyunrae replied back Donghwa’s comment with her arms crossed proudly. “On your face, er!” Hyunrae stuck her tongue out at Donghwa.

            “I will get you one day, Kim Hyunrae!” Donghwa said but Jinae just smacked his head to quieten him. “How dare you hit me?” he barked.

            Jinae rolled her eyes and said, “Stop being dramatic and let’s start planning.”

            After bickering for a while, the 7 of them finally gathered in the living room to talk about the plans for the kidnapping. “Okay, Donghwa would rent the van, Seulra will buy the sleeping pills,” Hyunrae read out the list they had written for the past hours they had been in the living room. “Then, Sungjae will provide the clothes we’ll disguise,” Hyunrae looked at Sungjae with hesitation. “Can you do it?” Hyunrae asked.

            “Of course,” Sungjae replied.

            “I’m not talking to you,” Hyunrae said coldly, “I’m talking to Seulra and Donghwa.”

            The atmosphere turned tense as Hyunrae and Sungjae were deep in their staring match. Jinae looked back and forth between Hyunrae and Sungjae with full of jealousy meanwhile Donghwa nudged Seulra in the ribs, asking her to say something. “Yeah, we’ll be fine right, Donghwa?” Seulra forced a smile and nudged Donghwa in return.

            “Yeah, we’ll be just fine,” Donghwa nodded.

            Fortunately, Hyunrae calmed down and said, “Are you sure?”

            “Yes,” Donghwa and Seulra chimed in unison.

            “I can buy the drugs if you want to but I don’t know for how long they would stay asleep,” Hyunrae shrugged and scrunched her nose.

            In sheer panic, her friends looked at her while waving their hands in disapproval. “Let Seulra do it. She’ll know how to buy the sleeping drugs and I’m sure they’ll just stay asleep for a while,” Minkyung hurriedly said.

            “Obviously, if we let Hyunrae buy the sleeping pills, the boys will be knocked out cold for probably a month,” Jinae whispered to Aerin who chuckled in return.

            “Okay,” Hyunrae casually agreed.

            “I’ll bring the blueprint of the place tomorrow and give it to Minkyung, so, she could study it since she’s the brain in our group,” Donghwa informed.

            Minkyung scratched her head and said, “How did you get your hands on the blueprint anyway? Isn’t it supposed to be top secret or something?”

            “Oh my god!” Donghwa dramatically put his hand over his forehead and stated, “Are you underestimating me, cousin? I’m the legendary in the town and you’re looking down on me? How dare you?” He looked away with his hand still over his forehead while his friends looked at him with narrowed eyes except for Sungjae who was gawking at Donghwa for being so weird.

            Seulra just shook her head and ignored Donghwa. “We have to practice in kidnapping someone before we actually kidnap Super Junior,” she suggested.

            “I think I’ve an idea on that,” Aerin put up her hand cutely.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How did you find this chapter? Hihi... Leave some comments alright~