Too Fabulous

y, Kidnapped and Hitched

" , he saw us !" Donghwa screamed and leaped the wall where they hid.

"Run !" Seulra shrieked , losing her balance as she panicked. Donghwa caught her by the wrist and swung her around, "Stop monkey-ing around and run!" he scolded, pulling her as they splashed through puddles of water, running for their precious lives.

"Yah !" the security guard shouted as he chased the two scoundrels out into the open, abandoning his post. "Aish," he muttered, fixing his cap angrily before going back to grab his motorcycle. With a turn of the key, the engine roared to life as he slid his helmet on.

"Come back here, you brats!" he bellowed, stepping on the accelerator - hard.

The road blurred beneath them, their heavy pounding footsteps echoed in their ears as the golden rays of sunshine glared in their eyes, spilling through the dancing leaves in the fresh morning breeze. If they weren't being chased by that old man, Seulra would've love to stroll down the long stretch of street covered by brown leaves , watch as the autumn leaves spiral to their descent.

Their hearts pounded hard as they raced down the busy street on a busy Monday morning. Adrenaline pumped wildly in their veins as they sidled through the early morning crowd on their way to work.

Donghwa who was completely irrational by now , glanced over his shoulder only to see the silver motorcycle blazing through the cars hurtling by with a burst of speed , ready to unleash the his full fury upon the two scoundrels. "Aish," Donghwa gnarled. "Run faster, you snail !" he scolded and yanked her arm forward , sprinting and shoving a path through the crowd at an even quicker pace.

"Hurry up , damnit ! That old hag is catching up on us - fast !"

Panic filled Seulra. She pushed herself even further, erasing the ample gap between Donghwa and her. Seulra twisted her head to the back and saw the security guard on the other side of the road. He saw her and smiled. Her eyes widened.

"That guy is a complete creep, Donghwa!" she quailed , clearly aghast.

"Shut up , Seulra ! I can't think with you babbling." he stretched his hands out and gestured them in a shoving mode, pushing people out of their way.

"Crap!" Donghwa suddenly said, stabbing to a halt with his heels as they came to an obstruction; a huge crowd of slow-walking people on their way to work cramming the narrow street.

"Oh my God, my grandfather walks faster! And he's dead!" Donghwa sighed.

Their feet shuffled momentarily, unsure with their options.

"Donghwa!" Seulra shouted and pulled him to the side. "At this rate, the snails are going to win. Try right!" she suggested , pointing to an opening on their right , hidden in between two buildings.

He considered this for a moment, biting his lips and tapping his foot, before nodding. Obediently, Donghwa his toes. "Hurry up, slowpoke !" he urged and roughly pulled her wrist , whipping people out of his way with his free hand and swiftly slipped into the dark alley.

"Easy for you to say, giraffe!" Seulra whacked his arm, "I'm the one with the short legs !"

"Well, what do you want me to do?" he yelled back, "Carry you?"

"Hell yeah! Isn't that obvious enough?" she rolled her eyes.

"Want to know something, Seulra-ah? The voices in my head are telling me to slap the crap out of you just for the sake of a moment's peace and quiet !" he grumbled.

"Oh, please Donghwa ! Shut up. This is all your fault !" she purposely stepped on his foot.

"Excuse me," he raised his eyebrows sardonically , "We wouldn't have to be running in the first place if it weren't for you, genius." he jeered , finally seeing the light at the end of the alley.

"I can see the light!" she smiled as Donghwa dragged her and rounded a cafe, passing through a big window. As she passed, Seulra watched as the customers in line at the cashier turned their heads at them and their eyes widened.

'Do we really look that ridiculous?' she asked herself.

Donghwa tightened his grip on Seulra's hand, their hairs lashing in the wind, the zephyr blowing hard in their face, whipping at their skin mercilessly. As if running itself wasn't difficult enough, the road was completely packed with people!

"Why are there so many people right now? Get lost, s !" Donghwa yelled.

"Ugh! This is completely your fault!" he chided and made another sharp left turn as Seulra slipped.

"You freaking idiot !" Seulra screamed , "It's your fault for listening to me !"

"But it's your fault for talking me into getting revenge!"

"But it's your fault for even listening to my stupid ideas!" she bawled at him.

"Oh, so you do know your ideas are always stupid?" he snickered.

"99.9 % of the time," she mumbled and pursed her lips.

"No, all the time," Donghwa stubbornly corrected, "Take just now as an example. Who in their ing right mind would run into a dark alley?"

"Well, you listened to me !" she rolled her eyes.

That got him.

"Yeah, well , you were the one who came up with the brilliant idea of putting a plastic cockroach in his coffee , Seulra !"

"And you still did it!" she hollered back.

"Yah! Don't be smart with me."

"Huh? Would you prefer me to be stupid?" Seulra chided softly.

"You already are." Donghwa stuck his tongue out, "Why did you even talk me into getting revenge from that old dude?"

"Oh my Gravy," Seulra slapped herself, "That's only because they were making fun of you, Donghwa- ah. I couldn't just sit and watch."

Donghwa stared blankly at her, until the tip of his lips tilted into a smile. "So you care about me." he said, almost flabbergasted.

"Yes, Donghwa. Of course I do. You're my best friend. My idiotic partner! My monkey pal! My brother from a different mother!" Seulra grinned, shoving a few ahjumma's out of her way.

"Aww , and you're my sister from a different father !"

"Exactly!" Seulra giggled as she tightened her grip around Donghwa's fingers. He turned around with a smile. For once, maybe Seulra did love this idiotic friend of hers.

Suddenly, Seulra could hear a soft , almost silent whirring echoing behind them in the distant.

She tugged Donghwa’s hand as he turned and looked her way. Suddenly, his eyes widened, staring behind Seulra with sheer horror.

"I think it's time to go for a walk in the park." he gestured his head toward another small opening, squeezed in between two high rise buildings. Seulra nodded as they made their way across the street, constantly shoving people out of their way.

"But off the record, I still think it's your fault !" he yelled. "But then again, you're my best friend , remember ?" he smiled sheepishly.

Seulra chuckled. "Ah, yes. Thank you for reminding me," she shook her head in amusement.
Donghwa started to pant, clutching tightly to his chest as he inhaled a lungful of air. Beads of sweat rolled down his forehead and his face turned pale. This worried Seulra as she slowed herself down to suit Donghwa's much slower pace. He had always been a good runner. Well what do you expect from the boy who runs away as soon as he sees the discipline teacher? Talk about being dead scared. Donghwa is very fast. Dangerously fast. Seulra on the other hand lived by a different routine. She barely moved a muscle. All she ever did was sleep, eat , watch dramas , play and more sleep.

"Are you okay?" she asked worriedly and he hunched over to rest as the violent wind caught up with them and tore mercilessly at their skin.

Although she couldn't see the silver streak of the motorcycle behind them, Seulra was positive her ears perked up again at the silent whirr the motor elicited in the distant. Oh . Was he closer now?

Overwhelmed by sheer panic, Seulra made a grab for Donghwa's wrist and dragged him as she bolted passed bars, banks and a playground with a fair share of curious onlookers.

“Somebody go grab some popcorn, just got real,” Donghwa thought to himself.

Seulra swung Donghwa and herself into the looming hole between the wire-gauzed fence and immediately laid her eyes upon the park. Donghwa stared out into the distance, clearly tired from all the running before mustering all his strength and grinned.

After the terrible chase, Donghwa couldn't imagine himself saying, "For the first time in my life, I'm glad to see both the hideous park and Hyunrae." he murmured and pointed out to a figure sitting on a bench under a shady tree. "Let's get her! She'll know what to do."

"But she looks busy, Donghwa."

"Ah, that. We need her!" he swatted her hand and gave her a push forward. "Let's go!"

Seulra watched carefully from behind her hair for any signs of the motorcycle; but there was none. Seulra sighed in relief. That is, until her ears picked up another silent whirr of engine, once again. "Damn, that old man is full of determination." she scowled.

"Come on!" Donghwa urged, determined as he straightened himself. Suddenly, he sprung across the bust road, running with full speed. "Fingers crossed." he whispered.

We can do it, he thought. Just a little bit more.

"What the hell do you think you're doing , Park Donghwa ?!" Seulra panicked when he dangerously jaywalk the street. Seulra's eyes widened at the sight of an oncoming car. It honked and all she could remember was being deafened by the car as it screeched to a halt as she stared straight into the blinding headlight. Donghwa yanked her arm forward with ease once again, until he lost his balance , tripping him over so he fell to the ground.
"Yah ! You almost ing killed me !" she scolded him. "Now get the up ! There's no time for tripping!" she shouted anxiously. From the corner of her eyes, she could see a streak of red zooming straight for them, with its pair of headlights glaring intensely.

"I didn't trip! I was just admiring the road." Donghwa sneered and turned scarlet.

"Yeah, sure you were." she rolled her eyes. "And I am admiring the car that is headed towards us right now!"

She pulled him up and ran to safety, "You hazardous bastard! You almost ing killed me just now, you jerk!"

"Oh shut up, Seulra! You're alive, aren't you?" he puckered his lips and raised an eyebrow satirically.

And then there was another high pitched cry of engine that sounded all too familiar. Donghwa paused, "Damn! Let's go! Aish, that resilient old man."

"Donghwa, we need to go NOW!" she exclaimed, and pulled Donghwa. They ran across the field as the damp grass brushed against their legs, the puddles soaking their jeans, Donghwa hollered unhappily, "I just ing bought this jeans a week ago and now they're already ruined !"

*

Kim Hyunrae shifted uncomfortably in her seat as the interviewer in a formal suit smiled at her. It wasn't really a friendly smile, but is surely wasn't a cocky one either. It was more of a doubtful smirk as if she had already doubted Hyunrae's capability. And Hyunrae couldn't understand why the interview had to be done outside, in the park. It was too noisy and there were too many darn mosquitoes.

"So," the lady gave her spectacles a slight push and narrowed her eyes, "Do you like kids, Miss Kim Hyunrae?"

Hyunrae was caught off guard by the question. She blinked and twisted . 'Do you want a truthful answer,' she thought to herself , 'Or a good lie ?'

Although it was not something she could remember very clearly, but back when she was younger, she always had a soft spot for children. When she was younger, she loved children so much she smothered any children that came in her sight, in hugs and kisses and love. To her, they were incredibly cute, with their pretty smile, sparkling eyes, curious hands and an adorable laughter. She had always dreamt of having children of her own; just for the sake of having to smother the child in her overflowing love. Just for the sake of waking up in the morning to a cherubic smile.

Well, that is until her brother ruined her visions and dreams.

She vaguely remembered the day she was supposed to be on stage, acting for a school play as the main character; Rapunzel. But instead, Hyunrae had to spend her special day locked up in the toilet, crying. She would look into the mirror and her eyes would sting at the sight of her suddenly short and uneven haircut. She had spent almost 6 months growing out her hair for the play as Rapunzel , only to wake up one day to find her brother had already cut her hair in her sleep and that she had already been replaced by another girl with long locks.

Hyunrae couldn't sleep for almost a week since she was busy plotting a plan to get revenge on her brother. In the end, well, let's just say , her brother deeply regretted what he had done and swears to never do it again if he wanted to live.

The loud barking of the tiny Chihuahua behind her pulled her out of her train of thoughts. She made a contemplating look. "Oh of course, I love them. Those little scheming devils," she said through gritted teeth.

The lady chuckled, "I really like you. Your personality is just perfect, exactly what we were looking for."

Hyunrae's face brightened. "Does that mean ...?"

The lady nodded. "Yes , you're hired." The lady smiled and extended her hand out for Hyunrae, but instead, got her hand slapped away by Donghwa. He sniggered, arms resting on his hips, "How dare you shake her hand before you shake mine."

The lady was taken aback. She cleared and fixed the spectacles on the bridge of her nose. "What is the meaning of this? Miss Kim Hyunrae, do you know this," she paused and scanned Donghwa thoroughly, "Gentleman?" she spat with disgust.

Hyunrae's eyes grew wide, ". Go. Away." she drawled, "I'm getting the job, so buzz the off." she hissed. He raised his eyebrows, "Why do you need a new job? You already have a job at the restaurant."

"Miss Kim Hyunrae," the lady called out stoically, "Do you know this imbecile?"

Seulra chuckled.

Hyunrae raised her hands and waved them in defence. "Oh no, no, no, I think this guy here is the local wacko." she laughed lightly and secretly nudged Donghwa hard in the gut.

"Donghwa, hurry up." Seulra chipped in.

Hyunrae titled her head and looked at Seulra, "An evil scheming like Donghwa and an idiotic minion like Seulra is never a good combination. What did you guys do this time ?" she asked , as if expecting them to be in some kind of deep . "Come on, tell me. What did you guys do this time around?"

"We're being chased by an old hag!" Donghwa blurted out. He groaned in frustration and grabbed Hyunrae's shoulder.

"Look, we have to go ! Like now."

Hyunrae stared at them blankly with raised eyebrows. "So you're being chased by a e?"

"Something similar," Seulra added. "We have to leave now, Hyunrae."

"You can move any minute now," Donghwa poked Hyunrae's shoulder.

"Tell me first!" Hyunrae asked, annoyed as Donghwa curled himself around her as she struggled in Donghwa's arms, throwing lethal punches in the air. Donghwa had to literally avoid all of her punches if he wanted to avoid getting his nose broken to a million pieces.

"Just shut up and follow us." Donghwa whined and tried to drag her along with him. But she just wouldn't budge. "You stubborn ." he murmured.

"Miss Kim Hyunrae," the lady called out again, clutching her notepad closer to her chest, "We're running out of time."

"Let go of me, you freak. My interview!" Hyunrae stretched her hand toward the lady who in turn just stared at her.

"You SOAB ! I said let go of me !" she muttered and gave Donghwa a whack on the arm.

"No , Hyunrae ! Not until you come with us!"

"If I throw a stick, will you please leave?!" Hyunrae bellowed and yanked Donghwa's head.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1 is up!!!! And we are excited! Keke~ How did you you find this chapter? I hope you enjoyed the first chapter because we tried to avoid from making chapter 1 dull^___^ Comments are love, so, feel free to do so! We'll update again soon, so stay tune!:D