Dear bunny ears,

Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

 

 

   -Ya… Ya _______-ah.. Ya, WAKE UP!!!

 Feeling someone jump on you, your eyes shoot open as the person continuously shakes you awake

   -I’m… A-WAAKE!!! You screech.

 Getting off the bed, your brother walks away, stopping at the door frame.

   -Oh, and _______-ah.. You have 30 minutes to get ready and run like the wind.

 You watched him walk away, confusion written all over your face. Turning to your clock, you see that you actually only have 15 minutes left before they close the gates. You quickly do your morning business, messily put your uniform on, then run downstairs where your siblings and your mom seem to be oblivious of the time. Your brother looks up and grins when he sees you with your ed shirt, mashed up hair and one shoe on. Holding your other shoe in your hand, you demanded.

   -You’re driving me!

 Before he could reply, you run upstairs and go in your jewelry case. You reach for green bunny earrings.

 

    ~It’s been a long time since I’ve worn these…

 

 The door to your room slams open.

   -I’m not driving you, your brother says.

 You look back at him and, while putting on the earrings. You smile.

   -Fine. Then I’m driving.

   -Don’t be ridiculous, I’m driving.

   -Okay then, hurry up or I’ll really be late.

   -Fine… HEY! CHOI _______ YOU GET BACK HERE!

 

   ~Hahah! Every time…

 

   -YOUR DRIVING!! You yell as you run downstairs once more, put on your other shoe and quickly put your breakfast in your bag. You bid your mom and your sister goodbye grabbing your brothers car keys before rushing out the door.

 Getting in the car, you check the time: 7:48.

 

   ~Omg, if he doesn’t get in this car right now, I swear I’m going to drive it myself.

 

   -Ya! Don’t get any ideas! Hyunsik says, getting into the car.

 Watching him take his precious time, you start to fidget. He suddenly stops and looks at you.

   -Ya… Why are you so ner--

   -BOY, STEP ON IT!

   -Okay! Okay…


 

 Arriving at school, you jump out of the car slamming the door in the process. You see Mr. Park walking to the gates, obviously planning on closing them in your face. Seeing you have no choice, you bust a sprint and make it just in time. Walking up to the school, you could have sworn that you heard Mr. Park laugh at you.

 

   ~This man thinks it’s funny huh… Hm! You just wait ‘till the end of the school year, I promise, I’ll ram his head into the gate bars!

 

 As you walk to your locker, you see Leslie and Myungsoo already there. She waves at you.

   -Hey _______!

   -Hi. Shouldn’t you get your stuff for class? You ask.

   -Oh, I already have everything, she smiles. I just wanted to be the first to read the next love letter.

   -What? Naaw, it’s not a love letter…

 Myungsoo scoffed.

   -Then what is it..?

 

   ~Oooh. He got you there _______...

 

   -Uhh… It’s uhmm..

   -. . .

  -Okay fine. It’s a love letter.

  You quickly open your locker to avoid the stares of your best friend and her boyfriend, and looked for anything added.

 Nothing.

   -Yeah… No ‘’Love letter’’ for today…

   -Are you sure?

You turn around to see Sungjong leaning casually on one of the neighbouring lockers. He flipped his flawless hair as he turned to you. He looked to his side and almost whispered.

   -Personally, I think it’s Hoya.

 

   ~How did he know about the letter? I bet it was Myungsoo…

 

 Unsure if he really knew about your secret admirer, you decide to play with him a little. For the small amount of time you’ve known Sungjong, you knew enough to know that he knew things he shouldn’t. (Did y’all understand that xD)

   -Sungjong, what are you talking about?!? You say as you close your locker.

   -Oh.. Actually, I... told him about... the letter, you heard Myungsoo mutter from behind you.

 

   ~What a surprise…

 

   -Of course you did Myungsoo, you reply as you shake your head.

 

   -*Ahem* As I was saying, I think Howon just invented that whole  ''I think I’m gay'' thing. You know, to automatically cross him out of the list of possible secret admirers. Besides, who would he go gay for?

 Dongwoo’s face automatically pops up in your head.

   -Dongwoo! You squeal, covering your blushing face with your books.

   -Ya! What the hell! That’s just wrong! Myungsoo hollered.

   -Oh please. I still remember that night at summer camp… you mumble.

   -WHAT??

   -… What?

 Myungsoo put his arm around you and dragged you far enough for Leslie and Sungjong to not hear him. Assuming it was far enough he looked over his shoulder before leaning in.

   -Ya, he whispered, I thought we promised to never mention that.

 Now it was your turn to scoff.

   -You thought.

   -Aish… Don’t be like that… I have a girlfriend now, and, Sungyeol forgot all about it and everything…

-You really think Sungyeol forgot all ab--

 

~RRIIIIIIIIING~

 

-Oh... That’s the bell! See you later Myungsoo!!

-YA!! _______-ah!! Your better not say anything!! Myungsoo called as you, Sungjong and Leslie headed to class.

-Of course Myungsoo, of course! You shout, not even bothering to look back.

Leslie looked at you with a confused look.

- _______-ah, what did Myungsoo say..? Is he hiding something from me..?

-What? Of course not! Just ask him about it later. You say as you lock arms with her and Sungjong and start to skip to class.

 


~During class~

 

 In class you can’t help but think about what Sunjong said.

 

   ~Really? Did Howon really invent all that stuff just to cover up what he really feels? Or is that Sunjong just messing with you… Ahh, but Howon isn’t one to lie… Or is he? Oh goodness, so confusing. But maybe he really is gay… With Dongwoo! Oh my gosh, okay calm down _______. You’re probably blushing right now. Waa, I wonder if he’s already dating someone...Ya, he better tell us at lunch time. Jeez, if only Sungjong would have kept his mouth shut.

 

 

   -Psst. _______-ah. What are you thinking about? Leslie whispered.

   -Hm? Oh.. Nothing really, I jus— YA!

   Someone had thrown a ball of paper and hit you square in the head. Mr. Moon stopped writing and spun around looking straight at you with his piercing eyes.

   -Is there a problem miss Choi?

   -… No, Mr. Moon, you replied.

   -Then be quiet! He spat.

 The man spun back around and resumed his boring lesson. Leslie giggled. Picking up the ball of paper and reading it, you heavily sighed at the pointlessness of what was written.

 

   From Jongie~

   Dongwoo hyung texted me, and was wondering if you guys wanted to come and join us at the café after school.

 

   ~Seriously Sungjong?? This couldn’t wait for after class?? Ah… this boy…

 

 You look farther in front of the class where Sungjong was sitting. The latter was silently laughing in his corner with Taemin.

 

   ~Ah… Those two… I’ll get them later on…


 

~Lunch tiiiiiime!~

 

 At the table, voices start to rise as the conversation heated up.

   -I swear it’s not me! Howon protested.

   -Oh yeah? Then who is it? You shot.

   -I don’t know?!

   -Ya, let’s all calm down and—

   -Then prove to us that you’re gay. Dongwoo dramatically said as he stood up, arms crossed over his chest.

 You and Leslie gasped at the boy’s sudden announcement. Howon looked at the two of you for help but gave up when he saw your devil smirk. He sighed before helplessly looking up at his hyung.

   -. . . How?

   -Kiss him, you blurt out, smiling the most evil smile you could pull off.

   -YA _______!! Not like that!! Dongwoo yelled as he pouted

 You almost fell off your chair laughing like a hyena. Dongwoo sat back down and turned to Hoya.

   -What I meant to say, before this crazy one interrupted, was that... I wanted to know if your dating someone. Like now...

 Howon quickly looked at you, still a little giddy, and pulled Leslie and Dongwoo in and whispered something. Before you had the time to lean in to hear what the boy had to say, the three broke up and looked at each other, then at you. Feeling a little uncomfortable, you were the first to speak.

   -Ya... What did you say..?

 Leslie looked at Howon, then back at you. 

   -Nothing _______-ah, I'll uhmm... tell you later.

   -Ya, tell me now! Why are you guys so tense all of a sudden?

 The three of them looked at each other, ovbiously not wanting to tell you their little secret. 

   -Aish... I promise I won't get mad or whatever..

   -...

 Complete silence.

 You opened your mouth to say something but was cut by a certain red haired boy.

   -Helloooooo my little dongsaengs~

  Sunggyu took a seat next to you almost pushing Dongwoo off the bench. Karyn was about to take a seat in front of him, next to her sister, when Sunggyu immediately shook his head.

   -Jagiyaa~ Come here. He said, pouting and gesturing his lap.

 The girl rolled her eyes at her boyfriends embarassing actions, but brushed it off and took a seat on Sunggyu.

   -Perfect, more space for me to sit next to my beautiful Leslie, Myungsoo said, and gave Leslie a pec on the cheek. The girl blushed furiously.

   -Ya, Myungsoo-yah! Howon scolded.

   -Hey, when you get a boyfriend, it will be all the more akward for us, okay?

   -Really Myungsoo? You taunted.

   -Ya, you, zip it, he threatened.

   -Well maybe I already have one! Howon spat.

 Everyone, except Dongwoo and Leslie, gasped.

   -Wow Howon-ah! Who's the lucky guy? Karyn asked.

   -I'd tell you, but someone's going to have to block _______'s ears.

   -What? Why me? 

 Before you had the chance to get your anwer, Dongwoo put his hands over your ears and pushed. You could see Howon's lips move but no sound come out. Dongwoo put his hands back down. You got the same reactions as you did when Howon said it to Dongwoo and Leslie. You start to feel a little ball of anger grow inside of you.

   -Seriously guys! What the hell?!

 Sunggyu, not liking the tension, decides to change the subject.

   -So anywaaaaaaays~ You know, if you guys aren't too busy or anything, why don't you all come to my place?

   -What? Why? Dongwoo asked, perplexed.

   -Well, Appa bought me bunnies and I was wondering if you guys wanted to help me name them? Anna and Byunghun are coming too...

 Everyone started to laugh.

   -Hyung, bunnies? Myungsoo managed to ask between laughs.

   -But I like bunnies... Sunggyu muttered, a little hurt.

   -Don't worry Gyu gee gee. I like bunnies too, Karyn said, trying to cheer up her boyfriend. 

   -Really?

   -Of course... And you all are coming to his house tomorrow, right everyone?! Karyn half threatened, half asked.

   -Yes Karyn, everyone replied.


 

 Walking into class once again, you see Sungjong and Taemin snickering together at an inside joke. Remembering what they did to you last period you decide to take your revenge. Closing in on them, you grab them both by the hair and bash their heads together. As soon as  this was done, you hear the teacher enter the class, so you run to take your seat, leaving the two boys rubbing their heads in pain.

 

   ~That's what you get for messing with _______.


 

~After class~

 

 When you get to your locker, you already start to smell the familiar scent of cotton candy. Not wasting anymore time, you do your combination and swing you locker door open. The smell of cotton candy exploded and another green folded paper fell to the ground. 

 

   ~I wonder how this guy does it to get it to smell like cotton candy... Oh! Maybe he sprays the card first? Yeah... But with what? Cotton candy scented air spray? O.M.G, if there were such a thing, I would TOTALLY buy a bunch of those! Yeah, Hyunsik oppa's room needs a bunch of those too. Oooooh!! And what if there's cotton candy soap! Ah jjinja, I'd get loads of those too! So when people come in contact with me, I remind them of how sweet I am! Because hugs are harm and fuzzy and everybody likes hugs. But when they hug me, it will be soooo much better because I'll smell like cotton candy. Everybody likes cotton candy.Oh! Maybe there's other flavors... Like Strawberry, Coconut, and... OMG, MANGOES!! Oh I'm so cool! 

 

 Snapping back to reality, you opened the letter and this time, instead of stickers of junk food, there were stickers of cute bunnies.

 Dear bunny ears, 

 It's me again. Don't worry, this ain't a prank.

 You immediately stop reading.

 

   ~What? This guy's my secret admirer AND a mind reader?

 

And no I cannot read your mind, knowing you for so long, I excpected that kind of reaction... Anyways, just letting you know that I'm officially your secret admirer! Yay!

P.S There's a surprise waiting you at the cafe. Just ask Jinki. 

~Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly.

 You jump just as you finish reading when you feel someone lay their hand on your shoulder. You turn around to see Anna giggling at  your reaction, Byunghun by her side.

   -_______-ah, is that another letter? Anna asks.

   -Ne... You reply handing her the paper.

   -Come on, let's walk and talk. They're probably already waiting for us, Byunghun said locking arms with both you and Anna and dragging you out the gates of school.


~At the cafe~

 

 As you go through the doors, you already see Dongwoo waving his hands gesturing the three of youto the table. As you walk closer, you already start to see Sunggyu, Karyn, Myungsoo, Leslie, Howon... Woohyun? And Dara unni?? 

 

   ~What is Unni doing here?

 

 When you arrive to the table, Sandara immediately excuses herself and bids everyone goodbye.

   -See you at home _______-ah, she says before leaving you all suspicious.

 You turn to the table wanting to ask some questions, but you give up immediately being 101% sure that you would get silence for an answer. Remembering about the letter, you make a bee line for the counter and ask Jinki about a surprise for you. The older takes a second to figure out what on Earth are you talking about, but goes to the back after letting out a small "Oh THAT surpprise". Seeing him leave withougt taking your order, Minho comes in. You order regular mango bubble tea and wait patiently for Jinki to get back. Coming back out with your bubble tea and a small green box decorated with a pink ribbon within minutes, you thank him, took your order, and took a seat next to Woohyun. 

 The boy looked at you, then down to the present, the back at you.

   -Well? Aren't you going to at least explain who this early birthday gift came from? Woohyun sassed.

   -Actually, the guy wrote to me that there was a surprise waiting for me here. And that I just had to ask Jinki oppa...

   -So you're just gonna trust some random guy who thinks you're cute. You're just gonna strut yo gullible little thang, looking for surprises. What if that's a bomb? 

   Everyone had the same "wtf" expression platered to their faces as Woohyun continued to ramble.

   -Oh mah gosh! Honey, if you hear ticking, I want you to get out and throw that thing all the way to America. I heard them people know how to deal with bombs in America. Oh and if it's earings, and they look expensive, can I have one? Because you know, I would lik-- ow!

   -Ya! It's not a bomb, okay? Howon said, smacking Woohyun behind the head. So _______, what are you waiting for...? Open it!

 Everyone suddenly got excited.

   -Uhmm... You guys don't want to see the letter first..? You openly ask.

   -Just open the green box! 

   -Arasseo!!! 

 You quickly unwrap the ribbon and take off the cover. Before anyone could lean in to see, you swipe it away and took a look for yourself.

 

   Well bunny ears, I guess who's going to smell like cotton candy?

 

   -WAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAAAHAHAHHAAA!!!!! IMMMA SMELL LIKE COOOOTTUUN CAAANDEEEYY!!!!!! You screech taking out a purple perfume bottle and spraying the whole table, causing in the cafe to stop and stare at the commotion you created.


 

  The boy leaned by the wall and watched _______ and her friends. He smiled to himself seeing how ridiculous you seemed, but nevertheless wanted you for his own. He sat down at the table and played with his own mango flavored bubble tea... Your favorite. The boy scrunched his nose as the sweet scent of cotton candy filled the air. He took a sip of his drink.

~Jjinja _______-ah... Why do you make yourself so attractive... So irresistable. I want you more than ever... Don't worry, I'll figure out a way for us to be together. Just wait for me, Jagiya.