Dear Heartbreaker,

Sincerely, soon to be Yours Truly

  Dear Heartbreaker,

      You left me. I feel abandonned. Why did you give yourself to him? Why can't you see that it is me who really wants you?  I'm the one who really cares for you, I'm the one who's going to take care of you, _______. Two weeks of summer break would be a dread without you. Why would you spend so much time with a guy that doesn't even know the true meaning of love?  You can do better than him and, do you really love him? Are you ready to throw yourself over a clift for him? Does he really give meaning to your life, or are you just blinded by his undeniable charm?  _______, I'M ready to throw myself over a cliff for you, I give meaning to your life and I'M the one who really loves you. After all these years of friendship, what brought you to fall for a double crosser like him? Please _______, what would it take to show you that Niel is not you think he is?  

     I know that I shouldn't be the one to tell you so, but really, who is? I worry that you have to discover all of what I have discovered in the worst of ways, meaning when it would have already been too late. I can't tell you the details of his scheme, but I can tell you that him being with you is just one small piece of a bigger puzzle. Don't get me wrong, you two being a couple is nothing life threatening, but just know that there is another guy who's heart is being shatered. And it hurts. A lot. Because watching you ''fall'' for someone else and knowing that his actions are empty and meaningless is the ultimate heatbreaker. 

      At school, at work, even at the cafe, you act so casual, showing off your so-called love and affection, but is it really? He knows everything about you, and you find it surprising, but don't be fooled by his charm for it is easy to figure out the interests of someone as outgoing as you. Don't take that last remark as an insult _______, but I'm just saying. Do you know anything about him? Like, his favorite color? I thought so. I'm not saying that knowing more about you and for a longer time makes anyone a better candidate, I'm just saying that Niel is NOT the love of your life. HHe's playing you _______, he's not your prince. Niel is the dark magician using you to get his hands on the crown. And what exactly is the crown? I don't know. 

     Ignore my extremely formal way of writting and these confusing metephors, but I know not of any other way of putting things on a paper. With the amount of books given to us to read in school, I have picked up on some styles. 

      If you have kept my past letters, then I thank you ever so greatly. It means a lot that you hold them dear. But I feel that I cannot keep up this act any longer. Why are you so casual with showing him off? Can't you see that there are others suffering? I know it is selfish of me to say so, but my heart aches for your falsely lived happiness. It aches for you being played. It aches for you and your naivity. Come to me _______. Let me save you from that . 

      I'm sorry. Choi _______, this will be my last letter to you. If this doesn't convice you to be mine or at least to leave Niel, then I don't know what else to do. My efforts would be lost will all hope to make you realise that he is nothing but a scam. Good-bye, my love. 

 

       ~Sincerely, hoping to soon be, Yours Truly. xx

 

    As you looked up from the letter in the dark of the night, a teardrop had managed to escape your already blurred eyes. When you woke up, it was dark and Niel was still sleeping near you, when you heard your phone vibrate. After a quiet search, a message sent by a private number urged you to go to the door: sent two hours earlier. And it was when you hastly made your way downstairs that you found the letter, neatly sealed in a green enveloppe, only a hint of cotton candy perfume still lingering in the air, and a little plush bunny with a sad expression upon it's face.

 You sat outside to read it and now a heavy feeling settled in you as you silently cried. There were too many emotions swirling inside to feel, they all just spilled out in the form of tears. Recently,  the secret admirer letters were becoming more and more than simple compliments, but it only occured to you now that you had to really try and figure out who this guy was. You felt terrible. 

 Of course you liked Niel, and at times you really thought it was but pure love that caused his eyes to sparkle. But now you looked back at each and everyone of those times and wondered if he was faking everything. 

   "_______?" A low voice interrupted your thinking. You refused to turn around, so the boy sat next to you on the first step. You hadn't realised how cold you were until his warm arm rubbed against yours. "Why are you out here?"

 It was Howon. You swipped away the tumbling droplets and looked at him. A shadow was cast over half of his tired face giving him a mysterious sort of look. He wore nothing but his black wife beater and black shorts, his white socks hidden by a playful set of your brother's fluffy slippers. He pointed at the letter. 

  "What's that?" he asked, his voice calm. 

You put it on the other side of you and cleared your throat before speaking. "I don't think you should read it..." was all you could manage. 

The boy scoffed. "Why not?"

  "Because... "

  "Were you crying just now?" he questioned, his face very serious... well half of it. 

  "Yeah."

   "Was it because of the letter?"

Suddenly, you felt a ball blocking your throat and your eyes start to fill with the transparent liquid. You tried hard to hold it in. 

  "Yeah... but I'm okay, really." A tear rolled down your cheek. 

 Howon put his muscled arm around your shoulders, pulling you close. Still baffled by what you read and seeing no way out of him comforting you, you let yourself cry in his arms. 

 What had everything come to? What you thought to be the perfect guy was actually nothing but a player. For some reason, you took what this secret admirer had to say very seriously. But then again, why should you trust a stranger... which wasn't really a stranger but someone close, according to him. Then, there was Myungsoo and Leslie's breakup, and a fair amount of words unsaid between you and Dongwoo. All this was way too much for you to be dealing with, especially when it came to people you cared for dearly. 

  "_______-ah, what's happening? You can tell me anything, remember? Like we used to." Howon whispered, hoping you would stop crying. 

You breathed in. "I don't know Hoya..." The next thing you said was forced out. "Do you know who Ahn Daniel is..?"

The boy frowned. ". . . Uh, your boyfriend?"

  "No, before that happened. Have you two ever met before?" you said. 

After a short while of thinking Howon answered. "Yeah, but we weren't as close as we are now. We actually first met in elementary." The boy let out a light laugh as if he remembered things from the past. "Remember the kids who used to prank the school staff? And sometimes me and Sungyeol would join in?" You nodded. "That's where I first got to know Niel. We became friends after a couple of visits to the principal."

  "How come I never knew about them...?"

Howon tsked. "Why would I introduce you to the guys I get in trouble with? Yeah, I don't think Karyn would want that either." 

A silence passed before you two started talking again. 

  "Was the letter about Niel?" 

You took the lightly scented tan paper and passed it to Howon. He read it near you with his other arm still around you shoulder. You watched as he quietly mouthed the words and made faces from time to time. When he was done, he let out a heavy sigh, handing it back to you.

  ". . . Why are you still crying?"

It was your turn to sigh. "I don't know. It just seems like... no matter what I do, there's always someone to tell me otherwise... And, I don't know what to do. After reading, I just felt like I was killing someone. And on the other hand, I really like Niel, but what am I supposed to do with this?!" you questioned waving the letter around. 

Howon abruptly got up. You got up as well and he ushered you inside the house where it was warmer. After closing the door, it was darker, but you could still make out the shadows of most things. He spoke quietly. 

  "I think you should just go to sleep _______-ah. Keep the letter and... whatever happens, happens." He put a hand on your back to direct you towards the stairs. "Go, I'll follow. I need to use the bathroom."


 

 He watched as the two sat on the steps to her house. The Cream Prince sat by his window in the dark of his own room, the only source of light being the lamps outside. He had no reason to be threatened by the other boy sitting close to her, yet he still envied to be Howon in that moment. 

 The way he put his arm around her... The way she was vulnerable in his arms... The way she leaned on him... The way she could trust such a person... He wanted that. He wanted everything that had to do with her. He wanted to be close, beside her, with her... in her. He brushed that thought away as heat gathered in his lower regions. 

Irritated and desperate, the Cream Prince decided to cook up a new plan to make the girl next door his own forever.