Rumors

Revenge; Using My Gay Bestfriend

 

 

chapter 2

 

Wow. So, what's up with me and Myungsoo? There has been so many coincidences lately with me and him. It's weird... He's moved into the house next to mine and he's just told me he works at Maria, the magazine company that I work for. I sprawled on his couch and stared at him as I ate a cookie slowly.

"When are you going back to your place?" He asked, typing away on his laptop.

"Never. I like your house." I squinted my eyes and looked at him cautiosly, chewing slowly. He looked up from his computer and looked at me.

"What?" He smiled, probably trying hard not to laugh since his lips were quivering. "Your making an ugly face. Or is that how you look all the time?" I snarled and threw my cookie at him and he chopped it away, adding that unnessary sound people in karate movies make. I laughed. "You better clean that up, Ms. Park. Or I will raid your house and destroy it."

"Ah, good, that means I can stay in this nice place." I let my arms feel the soft white couch. "Forever." He laughed and went back to his business. I moved and watched him again.

"Yah." I said and he looked up at me. "Are you stalking me?" He looked at me and laughed.

"Yup, yup. Oh, however did you find out?"

"No. Really." I rolled my eyes and sat up right, grabbing another cookie from his coffee table. "You bought a place next to mine and now your telling me that you work over at Maria?"

"What does Maria have anything to do with it?"
"I work at Maria, too."

"Oh?" He stopped typing and looked at me. "Maybe it's just fate?"

"Aigoo! Cheesy." I took giant bite out of my cookie and leaned back on the couch. "What floor are you on?"

"Why does it matter?"

"Because, where we work, the higher the floor, the more powerful your position is. I work on 23."

"I'm on 59. Occationally, I'll work on 60 if the chairman needs me." I dropped the cookie, straightened up and my mouth dropped to the floor as I looked at him unbelievably.

"H-how..." I asked. "You're only 25... Usually, the higher you are the older you are."

"Isn't that Woohyun guy on floor 57? And he's hopefully around our age.

"Sheesh. Stop talking about him." I felt my phone vibrate and I looked at the caller I.D. Bom? How did she get my number? I forgot to give to her the last time we hung out.

"Yeobosayo? Unnie?"

"Yah! Are you an idiot?! If you had given me your number on our last get together, you would have known about the news by now." I held the phone 2 inches from my ear.

"Unnie, stop yelling..."

"Aisht... Jin Ni, do you know how much trouble you've caused for yourself?"

"Oh... you mean about the whole Woohyun thing?" I rubbed the back of my neck uncomfortably. I wasn't ready to tell Bommie just yet. "Wait, how did you know about that??"
"My cousin's friend works there. I was at the club with them last night and her friend was talking about some things that was happening at her work. And as soon as I heard your name, I had to hear all the details."

"Well, what is it..." I chewed on my bottom lip as I waited for her to tell me whatever it was.

"You know that, ever since you just up left and never came back to work, a lot of nasty things have spread about you." I face palmed myself and fell down into laying position.

"Ok... tell me everything..."

"Well, the first thing that everyone's been saying is that you're too scared to come back and face everyone, that you're too emebarrassed to face Woohyun and Hyunka or whatever her name is."

"Well, I expected that. It's actually true." I let out an embarrassed laugh and let her go on.

"Another is that you ran away to Argentena, and also that you're preggers and don't have the courage to tell Woohyun because you're afraid he won't accept you or the baby."

"What??!" I screamed. "Where the hell does that one come from?? I'm pretty damn sure that I'm not pregnant! And, I don't even know where Argentina is!!"
"I dunno, but you know how gossip spreads, words gets twisted everytime it leaves someone's mouth. Anywaaay, there is some really, really good gossip that someone spread. I don't know if its true but, my cousin's friend told me that someone went to give you back your purse and a really hot guy opened your door? Ahehehe, Miss Park, you're so scandelous. She said that you were in his work shirt and his boxers. Ooh, girl, I thought you were a !" I gasped and looked over at Myungsoo.

"I am a !! She mistook Myungsoo as my boyfriend! Oh my gosh, this is so horrible! Myungsoo works at the same place I do...!" I slapped my face and let it drag down as I saw Myungsoo's face turn into curiosity. He closed his laptop and set it aside, walking over to me, grabbing my legs into the air as he plopped him self down, putting my legs on his lap. "I just ruined his whole life..."

"Myungsoo's back? Oh my gosh! I miss that guy, did he get a man over seas?? A hot foreigner, please??" Bom squeeled.

"Are you seriously forgetting the real problem here, Bom?? Come over here, now."

**

We all sat in Myungsoo's living room quietly, all serious masks put on, all probably thinking about the same thing.

"Do you guy's have food?" Bom interupted the silence. Ok, maybe Myungsoo and I were the only ones thinking about the whole situation.

"Bommie, there is no time for food, understand?? We have to think about this! We have to talk about it!" I let out a frustrated scream and fell back against the couch, next to Myungsooo, who surprisingly wasn't giving us any surprised reactions at all.

"Why aren't you angry?" Bom pointed at Myungsoo and he shrugged.

"You should be angry!" I grabbed his shoulders and shook him. "This is about you, too!"

"I don't mind." He let out a jingling laugh and put an arm around my shoulder casually. "Besides, I'm glad your the person I got paired up with in a rumor." I laughed at his joke. It was true. It's better off he knows who the person is and everything than being talked about with some stranger you've never even associated with before. Bom stared at us with a frozen expression, blank and almost creepy because she was starting to stare for longer than 10 seconds.

"Er... Bom?"

"You both..." She made a peace sign and pointing the fingers at us. "You both regularly act like that?"

"Like what?" Myungsoo asked.

"Like," Bom spread her arms out like she was presenting us to someone. "Like that."

"What? Like friends?" I grinned and cuddled closer to Myungsoo and he placed his free hand around my back and we hugged each other tight.

"Aww, man you are so warm, woman." Myungsoo hugged me tigher and I scoffed, pushing him away.

"And you're so unbelievably cold." I rubbed my arms and Bom kept staring. Only, now, with open.

"What...bom?" My eyebrows knitted together and I began feeling uncomfortable. Why is my other best friend all of a sudden acting weird on me?

"You, you, you..." She pointed at me again, with a shaky finger. "Don't you want revenge on Woohyun? Huh??"

"Of course I want revenge!" I huffed. "I want him to taste his own medicine and then burn in hell!" I kicked the air and Bom flinched.

"I know how you can do excactly just that."

"Huh?" Both Myungsoo and I leaned closer. "What do you mean?" Bom looked at both of us and smirked.

"Make that one certain rumor become reality."