The Truth (Seunghyun's Revelation)

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)

The Next day...

Dara was driving home from work when she received a call. She checked who it was and smiled.

"Yoboseyo?" She answered.

"Dara!" She heard a familiar voice on the line. "Where are you?"

"Seunghyun-ah, I'm on my way home. Why?"

"I'm inviting you and the others for coffee." Seunghyun said. "The girls and Jiyong are on their way."

"Okay, where?" She asked.

Seunghyun gave her the instructions on how to get to the cafe.

When Dara reached her destination, she parked her car at the side of the cafe.

She stepped out of her car and looked around.

'The place looks familiar?' She thought.

She shrugged her shoulders and headed to the cafe's entrance.

"Dara unnie!" Minji called as soon as she saw her entered the cafe.

The girls and Jiyong were already there waiting for her.

"So what's the occasion?" Dara asked, smiling as she sat between Bom and Jiyong.

Everybody turned their heads to Seunghyun who is sitting across Dara.

They are all curious to why he suddenly invited them for coffee.

"Before we start, let's order something first." He smiled as he called the waiter.

After they were done ordering, Chaerin glanced at him."Seunghyun oppa, for sure it's not your birthday." She said.

Then she turned to her boyfriend, who was quietly sitting beside her. "You would've told us, right?"

"Of course." Jiyong simply answered.

Seunghyun chuckled while shaking his head. "No, it's not my birthday."

"So what is it, Seunghyun oppa?" Minji asked impatiently.

Seunghyun took a deep breath.

His gaze was fixed at Dara. "Do you recognize this place Dara?" He asked.

Dara wondered.

"Funny you should ask," She said looking around. "I swear I haven't been here but this cafe sure looks familiar."

Seunghyun reached for something from the vacant chair beside him.

It was an envelope.

He handed it to Dara.

She accepted the envelope with a puzzled look.

All eyes were on her and the envelope.

"Please," He said, motioning her to check on it.

Suddenly, Dara had a feeling she knows what's inside the envelope.
And as expected, inside were copies of Youngbae and Angela's pictures.
The pictures showed Youngbae meeting with Angela at a cafe.
The cafe where they are right now.
Dara remained silent as she looked at the pictures again.
She spread them on the table for the others to see.

"Seunghyun-ah," Bom suddenly spoke.

"You mean you're the one who sent those pictures and cd to Jiyong?" She asked with eyes widened.

Seunghyun slowly nod his head.

"I gathered you all here today because I want to explain something." He said.

He glanced at Dara who was staring at the pictures on the table.

All the three girls looked at each other confused.

Dara slowly looked up at Seunghyun and saw him looking directly into her eyes.

"Yes, I was the one who sent those pictures and cd to Jiyong." He confirmed.

All the girls glanced at each other with shocked faces except for Dara who is quietly sitting and waiting for more explanation.

Chaerin nudged Jiyong. "Oppa, do you know anything about this?"

"I found out later." Jiyong replied.

"When I examined the pictures and video, they gave me some clues. I recognized the cafe and club. Both are owned by our friend." He explained.

"What do you mean OUR friend?" Chaerin asked.

He pointed to Seunghyun and himself.

"I had a strong feeling that somehow Seunghyun has something to do with the pictures and cd." He went on. "So I went to his club that afternoon."


== FLASHBACK from In the Club Chapter 7: A Plan in the Works (SLIGHTLY EDITED) ==

"Chaerin-ah!" Jiyong said on the phone. "Don't worry about it, leave it to me." After their phone conversation, he turned to face the man beside him.

"Why don't you answer my question, Seunghyun-ah?" He asked. Seunghyun turned his head to look at his best friend. "You know the answer already, why ask?" He replied with a smirk.

"So it's really you?" Jiyong confirmed. Seunghyun looked back at the empty dance floor. He finished up his beer then nodded in reply.

== End of FLASHBACK ==


Seunghyun's face turned serious.

"Okay, let me tell you how it all started." He said taking a deep breath.

"Days after I arrived here in Korea, that's more than a week ago. I visited our friend who owns this cafe. His name is Kim Jaejoong." He paused to look if everyone is listening.

"When we were talking about some business matters, he mentioned about Youngbae-sshi coming here often. Youngbae-sshi and Jaejoong are not acquainted by the way, but who wouldn't know Dong Youngbae?" He said in a matter-of-fact manner.

"Everyone knows that Youngbae-sshi and Dara are dating."

He saw the three girls nodding their heads.

Dara listened quietly thinking what he said was true.

Dong Youngbae is well-known in the business industry.

Being the sole successor of one of the top five star hotels in Seoul, who wouldn't know him?

The successor of Dong Plaza Hotel dating the daughter of a famous restaurateur was already known to the public when they officially dated back in college.

"So to make it short, Jae said Youngbae-sshi comes here quite often." He paused to look at Dara who's listening attentively.

"To meet a woman Jae doesn't recognize." He continued.

"Obviously, it's Angela-sshi." Minji mumbled.

Seunghyun nodded in reply.

Just then the waiter came to serve them their orders.
When the waiter left, all eyes were on Seunghyun again, waiting for him to continue.

"At first our friend thought it was just a private business meeting." He said looking down at his coffee.

"But he would see them being intimate with each other."

Dara swallowed hard against the lump in .

'Don't cry, Park Dara!' She thought.

"Staff in this cafe would secretly take some pictures of them." He continued while stirring his coffee.

"When Jae learned about this, he confiscated their phones. He warned them not to ever post the pictures anywhere." Seunghyun chuckled a bit which made the others confused, except for Jiyong who was secretly grinning.

"Jaejoong is a very private person and he doesn't want anything to do with scandals of other people. Especially famous people. He just wants to run his business quietly and smoothly." He explained glancing at Jiyong.

"He thought that with those pictures being exposed to the media, reporters will swarm his cafe asking about the "would be" Youngbae-Angela scandal." Jiyong spoke in his friend's behalf. "He doesn't like that."

"He was kind enough to show me the pictures and he didn't hesitate to give me those when I asked for them." Seunghyun continued after taking a sip of his coffee.

"And he didn't ask you why you wanted the pictures?" Minji asked raising her eyebrow.

Seunghyun gave her a warm smile then he glanced at Dara.

"My close friends know how I feel about Dara." He saw Dara looked away.

Minji was about to say something but decided not to speak.


==MINJI POV==

Listening to Seunghyun oppa's explanation about the pictures, I couldn't help but think...

'Is Seunghyun oppa using this method to get Dara-unnie back? Such a cheap move.'

== End of MINJI POV ==


"And the video?" Bom inserted.

"Another friend of ours," He said glancing again at Jiyong. "Kim Hyun Joong, he's the owner of the club where Youngbae and Angela went to."

"That fella hates Youngbae-sshi." He chuckled. "The moment Hyunjoong saw Youngbae-sshi set his foot in his club, he automatically watched his every move."

“He’s also the one who told me that there were rumors circulating at that time."

"Rumors? What rumors?" Dara suddenly spoke.

She's too eager to know everything that she has to know from Seunghyun.

"That Youngbae-sshi and you broke up. That's why he's seeing Angela Lee."

Dara rolled her eyes.

The girls already assumed that Seunghyun again asked for video from his friend.

"Oppa, I want to know how you found out that the pictures came from Seunghyun oppa." Chaerin turned to Jiyong.

"It wasn't that hard." Jiyong said looking at his best friend with a smirked.

"I recognized the cafe and club and I know those are owned by our common friends."

"Hyunjoong and Jae wouldn't care about what they saw, but someone who learned about it from them--" Jiyong paused and secretly glanced at Seunghyun. "...will."

Dara couldn't listen anymore.

She doesn't know how to react to all the information that she heard.

She just found out that Youngbae and Angela were meeting for quite sometime now.

==DARA POV==

After hearing Seunghyun's stories about their friends witnessing Youngbae and Angela together, I feel like a total idiot.
How can I not know that he's seeing someone?
I already heard the rumors but I just acted like a deaf person.
I was too blinded by my love for him.
The signs were there.
All the cancelled dates and the not so frequent visits.
How can I be so damn stupid!
I'm really feeling lost right now.

== End of DARA POV ==


"I-I'm not feeling good right now." Dara said stammering.

Her friends looked at her wearing worried expressions on their faces.
She stood up from her seat not making any eye contact with them.

"I-I have to go." She said. "I'm sorry, I'll go first."

She bowed to her friends before turning to leave.

Seunghyun quickly stood up from his seat and followed her.

"Dara unnie!" Chaerin called out. She was about to stand up and follow too but Jiyong stopped her.

"Let them talk." Jiyong told her.

Chaerin sighed and slouched in her seat.

"This is getting interesting." Minji mumbled as she sips her coffee.

"You were saying something?" Bom asked her.

She immediately shook her head.

She looked down at her coffee and stirred it with a spoon. 'Very interesting.' She thought.