2 Words.

2 Words.

"Merry Christmas!!!" The kids happily yelled in unison before running off as they received several pennies from an old couple. They then started singing another carol in front of a family. A happy family.

Something insise me cracked as my throat turns sour

"Cold night, eh?" A manly voice chirped from behind as I felt a huge amount of weight lift up from my shoulders. I blinked slowly before looking back at him and smiling warmly.

We just finished the Christmas eve mass and now we are leisurely strolling around the park located in front of the city Cathedral. At normal days, this park is empty... but for a special festive holiday like this, it's packed with light-hearted people- loving couples, happy kids, colorful lights, and a complete family.

My eyes then involuntarily travelled to the spot where one was sitting on. They were laughing lightly as the parents were embracing their children....

A complete family.

 

 

 

After a few moments, I felt a finger swipe my cheek.

There, I realized, I was crying. Again.

Sighing- I looked down and played with my fingers.

 

"We used to be that type of family." I trailed out softly. He then cupped my face in his hands and my cheeks gently.

"We used to." Before another tear could fall, he briskly pulled me in a hug.

When my family went away with a car crash, years ago- I spent Christmas alone. After 3 years of bawling out at Christmas eve, I met --------- oppa. He went to the same church as me and completed all the dawn masses together. Well, maybe not together, but we sat on the same bench but at the opposite sides everytime. After the last mass, he went up to me and that was the time when everything came.

We spent Christmas eve together, sitting at this park and spent Chirstmas day with his family.

It wasn't easy for me- celebrating it with a family happily- a family.... but not my own.

At times like these, when I'm on the brink of falling apart, he saves me.

 

"2 words... People say two words at this season..." He began speaking as I felt him my hair. I rested my head in his chest and inhaled his scent and pulled him closer.

"Mommy mommy! Only a minute left before Christmas' birthday!"

"You know those words, right?"

I pulled away softly as I looked at him and nodded.

"Merry Christmas." I said.

He then smiled a smile which felt so right.

He then removed his arms around me and bent down to my face's level. He placed back his hands and cupped both sides of my face again.

"But I beg to differ." He said softly.

"30 seconds!!!"

"Christmas is our savior's birthday."

"25!"

"And it's when we celebrate it happily...

"20!!!"

"With friends." He my face gently.

"15!!!"

"Loved ones..." He then kissed the tip of my nose.

"10!!!"

"And with our family...... They left you a long time ago... But it doesn't mean you can't have another one to celebrate Christmas with.."

"5!!!!!!!"

"I have two words."

"4!!"

"For you..."

"3!!!"

"This Christmas...."

"2!!!!!"

"Merry....."

"1!!!!!!!!"

 

 

 

"Marry me."

 

As the bells chimed- signalling the birth of our king...
People cheered and greeted each other...
Two hearts became one... With just-

TWO WORDS.

 

----------

 

FIN.

Happy Holidays, again! :)
Hope you liked it!
Comment Please! :)

, K