TLMAS Chapter 2

The Little Mermaid Another Story

 

Let me tell you, i really really do love comments and subbies lol
eventhough you are a silent reader hahahaha :))
here is my update.. Maybe i will update again next week :)) 
You can ask me anyway.. Im openly welcome you ;)) 
 
 
P.S notice that chanyue is a HER????
 
===================================================================================================
I awoke to the sound of cackling, and my first thought was, Whoa. Did someone have a little too much kelp with their breakfast this morning? I mean, seriously. What's up with all the cackling?
 
I opened my eyes and found myself in a dark cave, and I couldn't see a thing. I blinked my eyes, trying to adjust to the very dim light, but even when my eyes finally adjusted, I couldn't see much of anything.
 
Feeling a little cramped, I tried to stretch, and discovered something just wonderful.
 
My whole body was bound by several long pieces of rope that someone must have gotten from a human ship. Merpeople don't have rope. I mean, it's just not necessary. We have no need to run around trying people up, even for practical jokes. That's just not funny.
 
And the rope was tight. I couldn't move at all.
 
"So, you're finally awake," the old (wo)man—what was her name again? Chen?—told me with grin that showed very few teeth.
 
Um, yep. I was definitely awake. Was it that obvious? I mean, really. I decided, however, that it wasn't worth my while to answer her, so I remained silent.
 
"So, you are the king's daughter, his chosen heir," she continued.
 
No, actually I'm his pet sea horse. Of course I'm his daughter. Can we stop stating the obvious, please?
 
"I've spent the last four hours you've been out trying to figure out how best to punish you, and thus your king father," Chen went on, shaking her head, her sea-weed colored hair falling about her hideous face.
 
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate ugly people or anything. I just didn't like her.
 
"And I've come to several different ideas I thought I'd run by you," she declared.
 
Riiiight. Like I'm going to help her punish me. Nope. Try again.
 
"First is to turn you into a tuna. I hear that that is what the humans are currently fishing for food these days and…" she paused, and then her face lit up. "Scratch that. I don't think any of my ideas are as good as what I just thought of. Your father hates humans, especially since they murdered your mother, right? He's cut off any and all contact from them and has forbidden anyone to rescue them if they start drowning. That's cold."
 
I winced. If you put my father's actions like that, it did sound kind of heartless.
 
"But," she went on happily, "it suits my purpose exactly. I'll turn you into the creature both you and your father will despise. I'll turn you into a human. But, that's not the end of it, oh, no."
 
Human!? You mean a Mere Human?
 
I gulped audibly.
 
"Oh, yes," she grinned, showing her few teeth. "You'll not be able to talk to any merfolk, though I'll allow you your ability to talk to any other sea creatures. However, I'll forbid you from talking about anything I've done to you to anyone, fish or human." I remained silent, trying not to show the fear I know felt. "Now, let's see, what else…? Hmm. I know! The only way to possibly break the spell is for you to fall in love and marry a human man. He won't be just any man, though. That would be too easy. No, he must be someone of royal blood. After all, you're royal. It's only fitting." Ugh. Marry a human!? No way! "And then, you must choose between this new love and your father. If you choose your love, I get to have your father. And if you choose your father, I get to have your love, to do with as I please."
 
I decided I'd stay a human forever and not get married. As much as I despised humans, there was no way I'd willingly hand one over to her, or my father for that matter.
 
"And, to make sure you fall in love, and he with you, I'll be checking in on you every full moon. Not that you know what that is just yet. And, I'll make sure the spell urges you to find love in a human," she continued.
 
I knew I had no blood left in my face.
 
And I finally spoke. "You're kidding."
 
Her grin grew. "Oh, no. I'm not. This is the perfect plan! Happy 18th birthday!"
 
I was so doomed.