Jiyong sick day!

Jiyong Sick Day

 

Jiyong woke up coughing and feeling like his lungs were being squeezed by a vice. He lay back down, cussing to himself. It had been the combination between lack of sleep, headache, Seungri's cold, and that cold downpour he found himself in last week.

 

He knew stress also had a lot to do with it. Lately, every fiber of his being was screaming for him to rest. Recuperate. But, between regular practices and trying to find and write good songs, he let himself get to run down.

 

What a time to get sick, Jiyong thought to himself. He figured that Seungri would pick up cold in this time weather. Seungri picked up colds easily. However, Seungri's colds generally only lasted a couple days and he was back to normal. He sure moped around like he was dying for those couple days but he is discipline in taking medicine, so it’s fine for him. Although it worried Jiyong since Seungri is too easy to get sick.

 

On the other hand, Jiyong is hardly got sick. Usually it just a simple headache and light fever, that can be cured by overnight sleep. He wasn't sure what would be worse — being sick or having Seungri – OR WORSE Youngbae, hover over him like he was dying. Jiyong hardly ever got sick, but when he did; it typically turned into something serious.

 

He closed his eyes, trying to breathe without coughing, when he felt a hand touching his forehead.

 

"You're hot," Youngbae said. Jiyong opened his eyes. 

 

"Well, thanks, Bae. You're fine and all, but I'd prefer to hear that from a woman." Too bad coughing fits interrupted the flow of words. Also, his voice had dropped nearly an octave, thanks to his hoarseness.

 

Ugh! Why you have to be home at this time?!! Jiyong muttered.

 

“Anyway... you home? Aren’t you supposed to be at the gym? Huh? Go somewhere! Take a walk at the Han River. Meet the SUN.” Jiyong talk eagerly. And Youngbae just ignored him.

 

"Funny. You're running a fever." He put his hand on Jiyong’s forehead again.

 

“Wait here.”

 

 

In just a minute, he comes back with something in his right hand. He held out a thermometer, ready to pop it in Jiyong's mouth when he opened it again. 

 

"I heard you coughing out loud while I was taking a shower. How long have you been feeling sick?"

 

"I caught Seungri’s cold," Jiyong gave up.

 

He mumbled as Youngbae put the thermometer into his mouth. He kept choking back his coughs while Youngbae counted the seconds.

 

"Sorry about that." Youngbae pulled the thermometer out of Jiyong's mouth.

 

"101! How long have you been feeling sick again?! This couldn't have just started now."

 

Jiyong rolled over, wishing he could just go back to sleep. 

 

"Since yesterday," he muttered under his coughing. He corrected himself in his head. He knew that he had been starting to feel run down for a while and sick for almost a week.

 

"All right. Get up. We're going to YG’s clinic."

 

"Ahhh, Omma!" Ahh, he plays that mother hen role again!

 

"NO! Ji, this is serious."

 

Jiyong wanted to say no, but he knew that Youngbae would play mother hen and would bringing it up every five minutes until he gave in.

 

“Bae, please. I just need a good sleep and I’ll be fine.” Jiyong plead.

 

“Jiyong.”

 

“NO!” Jiyong shouted.

 

“Come on, man! I don’t have time for this. Ji!” Youngbae pulled Jiyong hand, trying to get him off the bed.

 

“NOT GOING!” Jiyong snatched away his hand and pulled his blanket up, covering his face completely.

 

“Ugh! Whatever!” Youngbae rolled his eyes and left.

 

Jiyong half coughed, half groaned as he rolled himself on the bed, try to get a good sleep that he need. 

---------------

 

"I'm bored." Jiyong said between coughs as he turned off the TV. Daytime drama . No wonder that only ahjumma will watch it.

 

 

"Take a nap," Youngbae said without looking up from his phone.

 

 

Jiyong slid out of bed as quietly as he could. He figured Youngbae had gotten used to his coughs that he was probably tuning them out. He could quickly get out of the room before Youngbae noticed.

 

 

“Yah! Where do you think you going?” Youngbae said, looking up.

 

 

 

"Go back to bed."

 

 

"I'll be right back. I just need something to drink."

 

 

"You have bronchitis and can barely stand up. Go back to bed." Youngbae said, trying to drag his stubborn, hard headed bestfriend.

 

 

 

Yes. They went to see the doctor. After Youngbae left him this morning, he brought back his manager who just as worse as him in taking care of sick people. The doctor run few tests and confirmed that he is having acute bronchitis. The doctor give various type of prescriptions for him as the manager asked for strong medication to accelerate the healing process.

 

 

"It's just a fever. The doctor was exaggerating. She didn’t have work to do that’s why she runs all that stupid tests on me."

 

 

"It's bronchitis. I'll take what a medical professional says over your word."

 

 

"I feel better. I'm just going to have something to drink and see what I can eat."

 

 

"I'll get it later for you. Go back to bed."

 

 

Jiyong glared at Youngbae as he shuffled back to bed.

 

 

"You can glare at me all you want. But, you're not going anywhere until you're cleared by the doctor."

 

 

"Pfftt!" Jiyong scoffed as he get back under the covers.

 

 

 

"Going out on recording while you're sick will lead you nowhere, Jiyong." Youngbae stood up and walked over to Jiyong. He held out the prescriptions. 

 

 

"Here you go."

 

 

Jiyong played with the pills. They were powerful antibiotics as well as a decongestant that always seemed to knock him out. And he hated inhalers, although he knew that it would help his breathing. He didn't want to take them.

 

 

"Take your pills, Ji or I'm going to start singing you trot songs."

 

 

Jiyong quickly shoved them in his mouth and gulped them down with water. If he was asleep, maybe he wouldn't hear Youngbae singing.

 

-------------

 

 

He fell into a feverish sleep. Although, at one time, he thought he heard Youngbae tell him that he had to leave but Seungri was here.

 

 

Jiyong wanted to ask where Youngbae was going and why he called Seungri, but by the time he thought of the question and woke up enough to ask it, he noticed that he felt better and a couple hours had past.

 

 

He rolled over, coughing, and saw that his maknae is making moves toward him.

 

 

“Hyung! Are you okay?” Seungri rushed.

 

 

"Ri?" he asked, aware that he could hardly hear his own voice. 

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

 

"Youngbae hyung called. He asked me to come and stay with you."

 

 

"Where did he go?"

 

 

"He had to do some recording at the studio and would be back later. And, he told me that if you to try to get out of bed, I had to put you back to sleep."

 

 

Jiyong sat up, and Seungri stiffened. "Relax. I'm not going anywhere. Aish!”

 

 

 

The maknae looked down. 

 

 

"Youngbae hyung says you're sick."

 

 

"I wouldn't say that. I'm just a little under the weather." Jiyong try to have a look on Seungri’s face. Failed.

 

 

"He says you have a lung infection." Seungri said. Still look down to his hand.

 

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Ahhh I guess you can put it like that. I'll be fine."

 

 

"You don't look very well."

 

 

"Gee, thanks!" Jiyong said sarcastically.

 

 

"You don't sound very well either. Hyung, does this have anything to do with me?"

 

 

Jiyong grinned. 

 

 

"You mean, did I get the sick from you?" Seungri nod.

 

 

"No."

 

 

"Then, how…?"

 

 

"It’s because of the weather, Seungri ah." A puzzled look flickered in Seungri eyes.

 

 

"I just get sick, Ri. Nothing is serious." At this time, Jiyong coughing hard. Seungri quickly move to his side and runs his hand on Jiyong’s back. Trying to stop the cough.

 

 

“Hyung…” Seungri wait till the cough strike stopped.

 

 

“Ahhh this is painful!” Jiyong screamed.

 

 

Seungri pour in a glass of water and help Jiyong to drink.

 

 

 

"I brought you something." Seungri said.

 

 

"Like what?" Jiyong watched Seungri as he reached for a container.

 

 

"Samgyetang.” Seungri take off the lid and pulled out a spoon from the plastic bag.

 

 

"I brought you some."

 

 

Jiyong hid his laughter behind a cough. "You brought me soup? I thought you can’t cook it."

 

 

"I didn't. I ask your omma to cook for you hyung. I’m sure you want your omma food serving you when you sick." Seungri said while stirring the soup, letting the steam out.

 

 

“Oh, and she ask me to give this note to you.”

 

 

Seungri pulled out a small orange paper that has been folded into two from his side pocket. Jiyong took the paper and read it. 

 

 

The note says ‘Get well soon, my son. Enjoy the soup and let Seungri take care of you since I can’t be there by your side. Don’t be harsh on him. Love, omma.’

 

 

 

Jiyong looked at Seungri with blurry eyes.

 

 

"Thanks, Ri."

 

 

"I’m sorry if I go overboard."

 

 

"You did." Jiyong choked back another laugh and a cough. 

 

 

“Ahh hyung! Don’t laugh.”

 

 

Seungri look a little embarrassed. "I appreciate it, though."

 

 

 

Just then, he heard Seungri's phone ring. He could hear Youngbae’s voice on the other end of the phone.

 

 

"All right, hyung. Neh, arasso. Don’t worry." Seungri said into the phone and hung up.

 

 

“What did he want?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Youngbae hyung told me don’t forget to let you eat the soup and take the medicine that the doctor gave to you. And I have to make you go to sleep after that. Make sure the heater is on and the temperature is right. And blah blah blah! Pfft! Like I never take care of sick you. Mother hen!” Seungri pouted.

 

 

Jiyong let out a big laughter after hearing Seungri’s fume.

 

 

“Maknae yah, don’t be sad. You know he’s like that. Cares in everything.” Jiyong tries to comfort the angry maknae.

 

 

“I care for you.” Seungri still pout.

 

 

“I know.”

 

 

“I always take care of you when you sick. I always did. I’m the one who is at your side and always there. I---”

 

 

“Sshhh.” Jiyong covered SeungRi’s mouth, smiled at how sad his favorite dongsaeng is.

 

 

“You did take good care of me, Ri. Aside from my mom, you are the best. No one is better than you. Not Youngbae, not anyone. You. I always ended up sick for few days only because you take good care of me…” as at this time, Jiyong pulled Seungri into a hug.

 

 

“Thank you.” Jiyong lightly kissed Seungri’s hair.

 

 

Jiyong smiled. He doesn’t mind being sick, he doesn’t mind laying on bed the whole day,  because he knows his dear maknae always there for him, doing at his best to help him getting better.

 

 

End.

 

 

Thankyou for readings! and subscribes! Review and comment are much welcome~! ^^ <3