Santa is coming!

Maknae and the Hyungs

 

“What?!!! This is ridiculous!” Jiyong narrowed his eyes at Youngbae. And then he laughed again. They were now in Youngbae’s room as he literally dragged Jiyong in his room.

“Wait Ji, you didn’t know about this?”

“Apparently, no one bothered to tell me yet all these years.  But, I mean. For real?” he was still laughing.

Youngbae crossed his arms and sighed at Jiyong. “Yes, for real, Jiyong. And stop laughing ‘coz this is not funny” Youngbae shook his head at Jiyong who now finally stopped laughing and nodded at Youngbae. “okay okay I get it! But why? I mean, no one talked to him about it before?”

“Jiyong-ah think about it. Who do you think the maknae spend his childhood and teenage life with?”  Youngbae slowly asked the words.

Jiyong went silent and thought for a while. “It was always us. Poor baby. He never got to spend time with parents like other normal kids.”

“That’s my point Jiyong. And since you, Mr. Kwon, were never home, it was always me and the other members who played the role of Santa for him. At first, it was the request from his parents. It was his first Christmas away from home, Mr. and Ms. Lee sent presents to me that year. We were only trainees back then and Ms. Lee told me this will be the last year and begged me to help. So I helped and when I saw Seungri so happy to get the presents, I just couldn’t break his happiness. So I became his Santa by myself the next year and eventually the next year and the next year. Daesung helped too.  Top hyung, well, he bought presents and gave us to give maknae”

Jiyong nodded and nodded, listening Youngbae’s explanations. “So, in the end, after all these years, I was the only one who doesn’t know?” Jiyong asked, feeling a little irritated by the fact.

“That’s right mister. Were you ever home for Christmas? You were too busy working. You were at Parents’ home. You were at exclusive parties. What can we say leader-ssi?”  Youngbae cocked his brows at Jiyong.

“okay okay. I’m sorry I was never home.” Jiyong held his hands up in defeat, “So are you guys palnning to play Santa again this year? What am I doing?”

“Well, being a good hyung to your dongsaeng, you will take a role too of ‘course. But first, you need to say sorry to Seungri. He’s probably still sulking in his room”

“Urgh….I can’t believe I’m doing this”

x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

*knock knock*

Jiyong tried knocking but he knows that the door isn’t locked. Seungri never locks his door no matter how angry he is. Being the little attention lover, he loves it when people come and say sorry to him. He can ask for anything at that time to his hyung. So, he always leaves his door open.

Jiyong walked in and he saw a pile of blankets on Seungri’s bed, which his gonna be his refugee camp until the hyungs settle things for him.  Jiyong sat at the edge and put his hand on where he assumed Seungri’s head is. “Seungri ah….”

“go away”

“Seungri ah, look. Hyung is sorry okay. I’m a bad hyung” Jiyong flipped the big bundle so that Seungri was facing him.  The bundle rolled over and revealed a panda with blankets all wrapped around an only showing his eyes and nose. Jiyong knew his lips were probably pouting under those blankets.

“I really am sorry that I said nonsense to you”   it was?

“Hmph!”

“Guess hyung got carried away with the presents and I was afraid you would take them. That’s why I acted that way. Sorry maknae” oh.my.god. I can’t believe what I’m saying. Now the G-dragon is also waiting for Santa? My image!!

“Seungri peeled the blankets a bit and showed his face to his hyung.

“Look, maknae, if you want any of my presents, I can let you choose one you like. So stop pouting hmm?”

Seungri face lit up at that and he immediately sat up “Really? Hyung, you can’t break a promise on Christmas!” Seungri crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes at Jiyong.

“yes, I promise and the first thing on the Christmas morning, we’ll open our presents together” Jiyong smiled at Seungri and Seungri jumped on his bed “Yayyy!” Jiyong was also bumping up and down on his bed because of Seungri’s jumping. Seungri finally calmed down and hugged Jiyong tight. Jiyong was caught a little offguard by that. Not that he was complaining.

“Thank you hyung. You’re the best…”

Well, ….who cares about image anymore. Maknae is happy and the hyungs are willing to baby him forever.

x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

24th December

Youngbae woke up early and he was on the phone. Daesung came out from his room and rubbed his sleepy eyes.

“Morning hyung”

“Morning Dae” Youngbae greeted without looking up.

“Who are you calling hyung?”

“Seunghyun hyung. He said he’s coming and he’ll be having breakfast here. I was gonna ask him if he was also sleeping here tonight. But he’s not picking up. I guess he’s still sleeping, that hyung.”

Daesung chuckled with his sleep thick voice “hahaha you shouldn’t have called him at this hour”

“I guess you’re right” Youngbae put back the phone on the table and joined Daesung in the kitchen. Daesung poured mild for two of them. They never drink coffee. Daesung and Youngbae are not just the healthiest member for nothing. Seungri doesn’t drink too. But his reason was different. He said hot cocoa with marshmallows tastes way better than those bitter medicine. For Seunghyun, umm, he will drink it all up when he sees one on the table. Not that he likes coffee, but to tease the one  whoever made that coffee. Jiyong is the only who enjoys it.

Daesung started the conversation. “So hyung, what are your plans for today?”

“ummm I going to YG for dance practice this morning and after that I’m thinking about hitting the mall to..you know…buy things. I haven’t prepare much”

“Oh, same here hyung. How about this? I’ll go with you to YG and after lunch we’ll head to the mall. Maybe you can also help me choose things”

“Great. Have your breakfast. We’ll be going after that”

“Okay hyung”

x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

Jiyong woke up to the empty dorm except the fact that maknae is still sleeping. It was already near noon and Seungri is still sleeping. He must have playing computer games again, Jiyong thought. Well, either that or watching god-knows-what.

He was about to enter Seungri’s room to wake him up but he decided to call Daesung first.

“Yeobosaeyeo”

“Daesung, it’s me. Where are you guys?”

“Jiyong hyung, we’re at YG but we’re about to go to the mall to get presents”

“Oh really? Can you guys wait for me? I wanna come along too. I haven’t prepare a thing”

“Sure hyung. Just be quick and remember. Wear normal clothes hyung! We don’t want any unwanted attention”

“Arrasso”

“Hyung when I say normal, I mean ‘normal’ okay. Don’t come out wearing weird things. And be quick!”

“I know I know. I’ll come down in 5”

Jiyong quickly hung up. Daesung doesn’t lose to Youngbae when it comes to nagging. Jiyong then changed into the plainest t-shirt and jeans he could find in his closet. He grabbed his jacket and keys and went down.

Youngbae and Daesung were waiting at the parking lot. “Here hyung” Daesung waved at Jiyong. Youngbae drove them to the mall and Daesung sat at the back. He still can’t get used to driving yet but his hyungs appreciate that he’s trying. They arrived at the mall after a while since it’s not that far from the YG building.

Eveything is decorated with red and green fluffy stuffs in the mall. A lot of cute things were on displays as well. Youngbae and Daesung were buying anything they see that is cute and Jiyong is only looking at designer stores. But of ‘course he didn’t forget to get presents for Seungri. Also he was buying presents for himself. Yes, for himself. Because he promised Seungri that he would show him his presents. Jiyong can’t believe he is Santa-ing himself. Bae and Dae were buying as if it was their daily routine. Makane-ah, what have you gotten us into? They were going around the mall and came across a corner. There was a big guy in Santa costume letting kids sit on his lap, asking their wishes. Jiyong chuckled to himself at the thought of their maknae sitting on that ahjussi’s lap and wishing for panda plushie. And at that..Oh no, Seungri. I didn’t tell him anything and left.

*ring ring*

“Ji your phone’s ringing and it looks like Justin Timberlake’s calling” Youngbae nudged Jiyong’s side and laughed. Jiyong slide his phone and answered it. As soon as he held it to his ear..

“HYUNG!!!~ Where are you guys?!”

“ah..Ri..we’re…umm buying for Christmas dinner.heheh…”

“Really hyung? Grocery shopping for the whole day?” Jiyong could tell Seungri was being sarcastic.

“No, we’ve just done and we’re working out downstairs”

“Really? You guys are just downstairs? I’ll come down in a minute”

“NO!!! I mean..no..we’re done. We’re coming home right now. You don’t need to come”

“Uhh…okay. I’ll be waiting” Seungri hung up and Jiyong turned to the other two guys.

“If you guys’re done with the buying we’d better go back home. Maknae thinks we’re downstairs”

“Urgh, Ji can’t you be a better liar? Let’s go home” The three guy hurried out and they bumped into someone tall at the exit.

“Ji, Bae, Dae! What are you doing here?” Seunghyun asked. His hands were full of bags too.

“Ah hyung, we’re just about to head home”

“Oooh~ Perfect timing. I was gonna call a driver. Great. One of you follow me. I need someone to drive my car” He said “one of you” but he already threw his bags at Jiyong.

“Aish, hyung, why don’t you brought your car when you don’t even have a license! Plus, how did you even get here?”

“Well, I have people who are more than willing to help” Jiyong understood that he must have asked one of the girls with his oh-so-charming- eyes. He didn’t protest anymore because right now, they needed to head home quick.

x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

Daesung opened the door and an angry panda was waiting for them

“You’re late!” Seungri had his hands on his hips and shouted at the hyungs.

“Mianhae Seungri-ah We were waiting for your Top hyung” Youngbae ruffled Seungri’s hair and put the bags on the counter. The grocery bags of’ course. They hid the present bags in the car.

“Are you hungry? Wait just a minute. Hyung will cook a big feast tonight” Daesung gave his eye smile and Seungri was already forgotten that he is angry at the sound of food. Daesung and Youngbae were as usual busy in the kitchen like real housewife ahjummas. Top is in the living room with Seungri, teasing him in every way he could think of. Jiyong stood behind Bae and Dae.”Hey, how are we gonna put the presents? Is he gonna wake up and find out everything? Woah guy! Aren’t you doing a bit too much?”

“That’s our point. We’re gonna stuff the Panda boy with his favorite food so that he won’t wake up. Brilliant huh?” Youngbae chuckled and high-fived with Daesung who was stirring the stew pot.

Jiyong shook his head and sat on the couch in the living room but his plans were ruined. A dinosaur was abusing a panda on the couch and strange noises were coming out of the panda’s mouth as he tries to free himself from the tickling.

“Ah…hyun..g…please!!”

“Do aegyo for me then” Top freed the maknae and sat up.

“Ummm..let’s see. What should I do” Ah,  Hyonggggg~~~ Tabi Tabi Tabi Hyong~~~” Seungri whined in the cutest voice possible and cupped his hands close to his little chest. He shook his shoulders cutely from left to right and playfully hit Top on the shoulder with his little fists.

At that one moment…. Everyone in the dorm have one same thought. To jump on Seungri and hug him and scream out “YOU”RE TOO CUTE!!!”. They had to hold the urge to do so.

The dinner was cooked and it was laid beautifully on the table. Seungri reached out for the chicken leg but his hand was slapped by Youngbae. “Maknae! Let’s say prayers first!” Youngbae closed his eyes and overlapped his fingers and led the Christmas prayer. Then everyone dig in. Especially, Seungri because everything was to his liking.

Daesung was handling the dishes and they could see that their maknae is getting sleepy. Seungri yawned widely on the couch and rubbed his eyes. “Go sleep in your room maknae. Santa’s waiting for you” Jiyong said and Seungri nodded and went to his room.

x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

Youngbae and Daesung already took the presents from the car and brought them to their room. Jiyong was waiting for them at the door. Top was also with him too. Last years, he only bought the presents and didn’t take part in the Santa role. But this year, he said he was interested and doing together with them. Jiyong smiled a little at their clothes. They were wearing all-black and they looked like they were breaking in their own house.

“So you’re ready?” Youngbae asked and handed Jiyong one of the gifts to help him carry.

“yup, anytime”

They tip-toed to maknae’s room and slowly …slowly slid open the door. It was harder this time because they were four grown man trying to sneak in, instead of just two. Four of them held their breath and walked in the room carefully. Maknae was still sleeping with his mouth a little open but not wide enough and it made him look cute. They put the present down and arranged so that they will be surrounding their baby when he wakes up. Everything was set and just as they were about to get out, Top had to bumped into the computer chair. The three dongsaengs glared at him.

*clang*

Everyone froze at the spot. The chair spun a bit and stopped. They looked at Seungri. He moved. They held their breath and was relieved when the maknae went back to sleep.

x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---x

25th December

“UWAHHHH!!!!!!”

The morning was greeted with a very happy panda scream. The others eventually woke up and gathered at the living room. Seungri was jumping around and going in and out of his room, taking out his presents every time he did. The room was filled with ……

“hyung look!” “hyung isn’t this cool?” ”hyung what did you get?”

The hyungs showed their ‘presents’ to the maknae. He seems also happy for his hyungs to get nice presents. He was especially interested in Jiyong’s ones because he promised he would share with him. At one point, Seungri was staring hard at Ji’s one particular present.

“What is it maknae? Do ya want hyung’s present?”

“Can I??”

“Of’course. Here you go” Jiyong handed him and Seungri was jumping around the room again.

This is moment of what they all prepared. The hyungs were looking at Seungri with fatherly smiles. Today’s gonna be full of maknae showing off his presents.

Looking at their little maknae, now Jiyong understands why Youngbae and the others prepare that much for him. Because it was worth it. Their panda maknae is smiling and truly happy. And this is just enough for them.

Jiyong is now wondering what he’s gonna buy him next Christmas.

Seungri is happy~ Super super Happy~~

A?N--> so...how do you like it? I got a little carried away and the chapter got a liitle long hehhehe