The Audition

Dream High: Different Ver.

 Pil Suk’s POV:

I was walking through the gate of Kirin Art School and there it is, many people were here than I’ve expected. It’s about an hour till it’s my turn for the audition so I decided to find a quiet place and have a warm up with my guitar. When I was about to go and settle myself, I heard two guys at the back of me. I guess that the guy who was sitting came back from America or something because he was speaking English fluently. On the other hand, the guy who was standing kept on saying ‘I’m sorry’.

American Guy: “Is it my turn yet?”

The guy that was standing: “*What is this guy talking about?* Ah~, I’m sorry”.

American Guy: “No, I’m not asking you to say sorry. You did nothing wrong. I’m just asking if it’s my turn yet”.

I was kind of laughing because the American guy didn’t say anything that was his fault so I decided to help him to understand what the American guy was saying.

“Excuse me” I budge in. I was talking to him in both language, Korean and English. “Number 1200 just went inside so I guess it’ll be awhile until it’s your turn.” I made a gentle smile. “Okay. May you let me know if it’s my turn” he asked me. “Sure, No problem” I told him and he gave a smile back to me. “Oh, and I forgot. May I know your name so then I can call you later?” I ask when I realised that I am asking too much question. But he did reply back to me. “My name is Jason” He said. “Nice to meet you Jason. My name is Kim Pil Suk. Just call me Pil Suk.

I turn back to the other guy who was still standing there. Maybe he’s wondering what we were talking about? Never mind about that.

“Annyeong haseyo, May I know what’s your name?” I ask politely.

“A..ah..Annyeong. My name is Jo In Sung” he said. It was kind of creepy because he was staring at me without blinking.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I ended up at the back of the school building where I find no one was there. I take my seat and gently positioning my guitar and I sing.

“Eonjengan i nunmuri meomchugil

Eonjengan i eodumi geodhigo

Ttaseuhan haetsari i nunmureul mallyeojugil

 

Jichin nae moseubi

Jogeumsshik jigyeoweojineun geol neukkimmyeon

Dabeorigo shipjyo

Himdeulge jikkyeoodeon kkumeul

Gajin geotbodaneun

Bujokhan geoshi neomunado manheun ge

Neukkyeojil ttaemada

Darie himi pullyeoseo na jujeoanjyo”

 

 

 

 

 

Jason’s POV

 

I was bored sitting in one spot so I went outside of the school building to relax myself since it’s not my turn for the audition yet. I put my earphones on and turn on the music and practice my dance moves again. It was when I was about to start, I heard a voice coming from the other side of the building. It was like a voice of an angel. I was curious of who was it that was singing. So I went to see.

It was her. The girl who I was talking to just a few minutes ago. I must admit that she was one of the best singers I’ve ever heard.  

Hye Mi’s POV

I don’t seem to be worrying about the audition in the outside but I am in the inside. I’m scared that if I don’t get accept then I won’t have any chances to pay my dad debt.

“Hye Mi-ah, are you scared?” Beak Hee ask me. “An-i, of course not. Are you?” I said. I realise that she was scared but she didn’t admit it though.

 

Beak Hee’s POV

It was finally our turn. I was scared but then I tried my best to hide it away. Hye Mi and I walked into the audition room and we saw the teachers, principle and the director. My nerves kind of got moved away but I was still scared. We started singing our song and it came out pretty good to me but I don’t know what Hye Mi thinks because I was out of tune a bit.

“Nan nan kkumi isseotjyo

Beoryeojigo jjitgyeo namruhayeodo

Nae gaseum giosukhi bomulgwa gachi

Ganjikhaetteon kkum

Neul geokjeonghadeut malhajyo

Heotdwen kkumeun dogirago

Sesangeun kkeuchi jeonghaejin chaekcheoreom

Imi dorikkil su eopneun hyeonshirirago

 

Geuraeyo nan nan kkumi isseoyo

Geu kkumeul mideoyo nareul jikkyeobwayo

Jeo chagapge seo inneun unmyeoniran byeogape

Dangdanghi majuchil su isseoyo

 

Eonjenga nan geu byeogeul neomgoseo

Jeo haneureul nopi nareul su isseoyo

I mugeoun sesangdo nareul mukkeul sun eoptjyo

Nae salmeui kkeuteseo nan useul geunareul hamkkehaeyo”

 

Hye Mi’s POV

I was shocked and disappointed. I chose to betray my good friend just to go to that ‘crap’ school. But it was a wasted at the end. I didn’t get accept. I don’t know why. I felt left out now. I regret for betraying my friend, Beak Hee, who have done so much for me. I knelt down and begged for the director to let me attend to that school. But the answer was just the same. “No”. Before walking out of the audition room, I gave a cold look at Beak Hee. And so did her. I tried to hold back my tears, in case people know how I feel. I blamed it all to myself for not doing well in the audition and now I will have no way to pay my dad’s debt. He left me and my sister in the lonely and cold-blooded place. Yes, I am angry at him but he’s my dad, what should I do!  What I have dreamt to become a famous classical singer is all gone now. Everything! Now, I can’t pay my dad’s debt and I can’t achieve my goal. I really did once think that I don’t belong to this place.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beak Hee’s POV

After what had happen, I tried my best to hide my feelings. When the limit had reach, I fainted, right in the audition room. I remember teachers help me to stand up again. The director told me to come close to him. He pulls my hands out and gave me a necklace with the word ‘K’ in it. “Why?” I asked. “You can make this as anything you want. Maybe make it your lucky charm or something like that” and he smiled to me. With one hand, I hold it tightly in my palms and told myself that I have to be famous and I have to be better that ‘Go...Hye...Mi’!