Taking Care of You

Taking Care of You

You came home after a long day at work and plopped down on the couch. You had just spent an hour trudging through pouring rain. "'Sunny skies' they said, 'beautiful day' they said... STUPID, UGLY, WEATHER MEN!" You stopped your fit after you felt the room spin. Your right hand gripped the couch as your left hand held your head. After a couple of seconds you decided that a nap would make you feel better. Your face was smushed against the pillow as you laid face down on the couch. You closed your eyes and instantly fell asleep.

 

A few hours later you woke up at the sound of your own coughing. The coughs kept coming one after the other and you felt you couldn't breath. You head throbbed and when you went to grab it, your hand recoiled from how hot your forehead was. Sweat dripped from you body and you felt shivers go up and down your whole being. You heard the door open and close and heard someone call your name.

 

"Jagiya? Are you home?" Yixing was home from rehearsal and he seemed to have had a long day as well. "Ugh I just want to have dinner and go to sleep."

 

You couldn't say anything so you decided to groan as a response. "jagi?? What's wrong?" He dropped his dance bag and rushed over to you. Kneeling down beside the couch he felt your forehead and tsk'd at the state you were in. "Yah! why did you walk in the rain?? are you crazy? you could have just called me, i would have left practice for you."

 

You shook your head slowly saying no. you knew he would leave practice for you, he would do anything for you. you didn't want to cause him trouble with sm though. His life was just as stressful as yours if not worse.

 

"aish... just stay here... i'll be right back." He placed a quick kiss on your head and ran to the kitchen. You could hear a lot of bustling and ruckus back there but you didn't bother to open your eyes. You laid there shivering and whimpering until he came back with a wet towel. he placed in on your head and positioned a humidifier near you.

 

He rushed back in the kitchen and looked around "AISH!" He said as he ruffled his already dance messy hair. "What am i thinking? I don't know how to cook?" -.-' he smacked his forehead as he picked up the phone. "Oh, hi mom! I really need help with something! No not money >.< I need you to tell me how you made the soup that you made whenever i was sick. No i'm not sick i want to make it for you poor sick daughter in law! I KNOW I CAN'T COOK THAT'S WHY I NEED THE RECIPE >.< SS-s-s sorry mom, i didn't mean to yell... sooooo can you please give me the recipe??"

 

Moments later you could hear him rustling through pots and pans and heard a few silent curses as something dropped here and there. After some time he came back with a steaming pot of soup. "Jagi... I made you some soup... now don't be worried, i tested it and it takes really good. You'll be proud of me jagi, so please eat up and feel better." You couldn't dissappoint such a worried yixing. He came home tired and even though he wanted to sleep rushed to take care of you; he even cooked for you. You let your eyes flutter open and slowly sat up. He smiled a little and brought the spoon close to your mouth. After a couple of spoon fulls he made you some citron tea. He fed you until you were full and rested your head on his lap. He you hair as you had done for him so many times when he couldn't sleep. You felt yourself dift to sleep again and the last image in your mind was the sight of his eyes starring lovingly at you.

 

When you woke up the next morning you felt a lot better. Your throat was no longer soar and your body felt fine. You looked up to see a sleeping Yixing. He stirred awake and smiled down at you. "Morning love. How are you feeling?"

 

You smiled and sat up positioning yourself so that you were facing him. You looked at him for a moment and leaned in to kiss him. He smiled into the kiss and laughed when you pulled away. "I'm feeling much better thanks."

 

He beamed at you and pulled you towards him. "Lets call our bosses and tell them we're having a sick day just in case." He winked at you and pulled you into the bed room.