Month 1: Discovered

Gift In Our Hands

Chanyeol instantly clamped his hand over his mouth, feeling the same feelings which he often felt lately–nausea. He didn’t know wether it was just a hangover or maybe because he often slept without a blanket recently, but the feelings did seriously bother him. He was a secretary for a God’s sake, and also a big company that he was actually working for–he couldn’t do anything recklessly.

 

Chanyeol coughed lightly, leaning down his head more towards his palm. Kris–his boss–raised his eyebrows.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Chanyeol quickly put back his hands towards it’s precious place; on top of a stack of papers. He smiled uneasily. “Y–yeah.”

 

Kris let out a light sigh as he rested his elbow on top of the table. “You know, it’s okay to rest onl–“

 

“No, no!” Chanyeol quickly rejected, waving his hands in front of himself. “I’m okay, really!”

 

“It’s weird.” Kris blurted out, narrowing his eyebrows slightly. “You’d been experiencing this kind of thing several times.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t know why, why he was blushing right now while averting his eyes to the side, fidgeting slightly. He didn’t want to look at the scrutinizing eyes. “M–maybe it was just a nausea.”

 

“Nausea doesn’t happen as many times as you did.” Kris replied, still looking suspiciously at the younger boy. Chanyeol squeaked lightly as he looked at the elder who was in the proccess of standing up and walking towards him.

 

“Don’t tell me ..” Kris trailed off as the tip of his fingers touched Chanyeol’s desk. “You’re pregnant.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened two times larger, and he jumped lightly on his seat. “W–what?!” He exclaimed, looking at the elder in a disbelief expression.

 

“W–well,” Kris chuckled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head. “It’s just a prediction though ..”

 

Chanyeol breathed out a relief sigh as he leaned back his body fully against the chair. “Male couldn’t get pregnant, hyung. Don’t be silly.” He reprimanded.

 

“Hemaphrodite did. I ever heard about them having Astrophia, so they keep themselves as a male.” Kris creased his forehead, like in a deep thought. “But, actually they are a female too.”

 

Chanyeol unbeknowingly made a way of his hands towards the sides of his chair, gripping onto them tightly. What if ..?

 

No, no. Chanyeol shook his head, reassuring himself. It couldn’t be.

 

“I’m not hemaphrodite!” Chanyeol retorted quickly, looking up towards Kris. “I’m 100 percent genuinely male!”

 

“Wait, Chanyeol ..” Kris removed his hand from his chin and looked down directly towards the younger. “Did you .. ever let Baekhyun topped you?”

 

Chanyeol choked, but thankfully he did not cough and vomit like the last time. He widened his eyes again and yelped, “W–what?!”

 

Kris could see the faint blush on the younger’s cheeks. He smirked. “I never know that you would let him top–“

 

“Whatever! That’s not making any sense!” Chanyeol said in a higher tone, cutting the elder’s words in the proccess. He shook his head embarrassedly. “People said that even though there will be someone who’s pregnant between us, it will be Baekhyun.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes and he couldn’t suppress a dry laugh to come out from his mouth. “Yeah right, supposed that Baekhyun was pregnant a long time ago.” He mocked.

 

Chanyeol huffed an angry breath from his nose–his cheeks puffing either–as he looked at Kris annoyingly. “Whatever! I’m taking your offer!”

 

Kris blinked in confusion as he stared at the younger boy, dazed. “What?”
 

“I’m taking a day off!” Chanyeol yelled as he stood up from his seat, taking no time to dash across the room and pulling his jacket off from the hook that planted on the wall’s office. “Bye!”

 

Kris blinked again.

 

Sometimes he wondered who’s the boss, who’s the proper to be demanded.

 

.

.

.

 

“I’m home!”

 

A cheerful sounds, with a front door being opened and slammed close startling Chanyeol. He quickly closed the laptop in front of him and turned around.

 

“Oh .. you’re home?” Baekhyun raised his eyebrows as soon as his sight caught Chanyeol. “I thought you were still in the office.” He eyed the slightly nervous boy frowningly.

 

Chanyeol chuckled uneasily, refusing to look at his boyfriend’s eyes as he scrathing the back of his head. “I went home a bit earlier today.”

 

“Oh.” Baekhyun answered as he lightly nodded his head, putting all of the groceries on the table. “Why then?”

 

Chanyeol instantly went silent at the question. He–for a seconds–really didn’t know how to answer.

 

“Hmm?” Baekhyun lifted up his head and looked at Chanyeol, who was none other than biting his lip and staring at anywhere else uncomfortably. “Anything wrong? Did Kris do something–“

 

“No.” Chanyeol managed a smile as he shook his head. “Why would he?” He chuckled his uneasy chuckle again–this made Baekhyun wonder even weirdly.

 

“Well, I heard that he was quite a erted-mind and having someone as beautiful as you I think ..” Baekhyun didn’t continue his sentence.

 

“Well, at least it wasn’t you.” Chanyeol looked down blushingly. For the very first time, he looked really submissive and girly and not manly in front of his boyfriend. It kind of happened naturally and on instinct.

 

Chanyeol widened his eyes lightly as is he was remembering something. Wait, on instinct?

 

“Let’s cook carrot soup, today!” Baekhyun cheered happily, pumping both of his fists in the air. Chanyeol looked up at the thing that was spreading out slightly from the groceries’ bag.

 

Carrots.

 

A lot of carrots.

 

Ugh, carrots.

 

Chanyeol instincvely clamped his hand over his mouth as he widened his eyes again, starting to feel the same feelings again. He groaned inaudibly.

 

However, Baekhyun heard it–thanks for his too-sharp-ears.

 

“What’s wrong, Chanyeol? Are you okay? Did you not feel well?” Baekhyun asked with a small voice of his, eyes dilating while his feet making a way towards Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and turned his body slightly to the side, indicating failedly that he was okay–beyond okay.

 

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows and raised it at the same time, looking up at his tall boyfriend worriedly. “But you’re–“

 

It didn’t take any of seconds long, before Chanyeol suddenly dashing off from his current room right now and towards the smaller cubical room called bathroom.

 

Baekhyun could hear him coughed and vomitted several times.

 

Wait, vomitted? Is Chanyeol sick?

 

.

.

.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you were sick?” Baekhyun questioned as he gently took Chanyeol’s hand in his. They were in the taxi right now thanks to Baekhyun’s lack ability of driving and Chanyeol’s unuseful driving skills right now.

 

Chanyeol could only shake his head and closed his eyes weakly, then opened it again. He looked at Baekhyun.

 

Never in a chronological history of his life, Baekhyun wanted to wrap the boy around his arms, burying the other's face into his own chest. Chanyeol looked so weak, so lifeless, and out of power–so not Chanyeol.

 

“We almost there.” Baekhyun said in a reassuring manner as he smiled, letting the boy rested his head on his shoulder. He looked out at the window and couldn’t help but noticed something through it’s glass.

 

Chanyeol looked so prettily delicate, and it never strucked him before for the fact that he always focused on the boy’s height and strength. He looked so adorable with that thick, big sweater–damn, it was Kris who giving it–and the way it’s sleeves reached too long than his hands, Baekhyun loved it.

 

Baekhyun brought up the covered hand of his boyfriend towards his lips as he kissed it lightly.

 

The taxi kept driving towards hospital.

 

.

.

.

 

“Mr. Park Chanyeol?” The man with a clean white coat looked up at Chanyeol, as if he was a little bit unsure with whom he was talking.

 

“Y–yes?” Chanyeol quickly stopped the fidgeting of his as he scooted closer towards the doctor. “How’s the result?”

 

The man with an unfamiliar tag name on his right chest smiled, making his old complexions creased but not enough to make him looked older. “I just got the result.”

 

Chanyeol watched in an intent as the doctor shoved a single paper to him, a wider smile contorted on his face. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows and took a look at the paper.

 

“Congratulations.” The doctor intertwined his hands together, leaning back slightly against the chair. “You are in the first month of your pregnancy.”

 

Chanyeol stared at the white paper blankly, dumbfoundedly–shock.

 

Baekhyun loosened his grip around his boyfriend’s hand, and looked at the paper as well. His eyes bulged, and his mouth left hanging open. He acted as if his jaw had been dropped off somewhere.

 

It couldn’t be.

 

Chanyeol let the paper slipped from his fingers and landed onto the white–tiled floor of the hospital.

 

It couldn’t be.

 

 

 

A/N: Haha, it was kind of a little bit hard to me since I always wrote Chanyeol’s character into a more feminine ones and jumpy. In here, even though he was clearly the ‘girl’ ones, I wanted to make his character a little bit manly because in the previous life, Chanyeol was used to be the manlier than Baekhyun did. He needed a proccess to fit the character of the ‘girl’ ones, and also Baekhyun, he needed a proccess to fit the character of the ‘man’ ones :D

Thanks for reading and have nice day everyone~! Bye-bye~!