Miss Pessimist

Would You Believe?

“Are you gonna stay the night…” I sung lowly as I passed the halls of the S.M building. We spent the past week unpacking. The real training was to begin today.

Today we had vocal lessons. I wasn’t looking forward to them since other trainees were going to have the lessons with us and I always felt intimidated by other singers.

I entered the room and a few trainees were sitting around the room chatting. Brandon had not arrived yet.

I sat there quietly and waited for our instructor to arrive.

Before I knew it, two gorgeous figure’s and another guy entered the room.

Donghae, Henry and the infamous Kyuhyun.

“What are they doing here?” I mentally screamed. I didn’t think the established artists still came to practice their vocals.

***

Omniscient P.O.V

Carolina watched as many trainees greeted the three established artist that entered the room. She was happy to see them all except for Kyuhyun. She didn’t even want to be in his presence.

If Sunshine found out, there would be consequences. Ever since Kyuhyun had come over to talk to her, Sunshine made Carolina promise she would stay away the most possible. Carolina being the nice person that she was, agreed since she did not want further confrontations with Sunshine. All Carolina wanted was peace.

Kyuhyun on the other hand saw Carolina and he instantaneously became glad to see her.

Carolina had intrigued him and he wasn’t even quite sure why. He watched as Brandon, Carolina’s group member arrived and sat down next to Carolina.

“Carolina!” he exclaimed and smiled.

Carolina smiled back and patted the seat next to her.

“Are you nervous?” she asked him. Brandon shook his head.

“Not one bit” he said with confidence.

“Show off” Carolina muttered but laughed it off with Brandon.

The instructor finally arrived.

“WELCOME!” he sung. I looked over at Brandon, our instructor seemed to enjoy singing so much.

“Alright, to begin our first exercise everyone please stand up and one by one in order you will sing to us with emotion your state of mind today, okay?” the instructor said excited and lined everyone up.

One of the trainees was the first to begin.

“I don’t know how I’m feeling….the love is lost and my heart is aching…” the young trainee sung softly. She seemed really shy but had a very sweet voice like the singer IU. It was a nice made up on the spot melody.

It was then Henry’s turn. He smiled with confidence and asked the instructor if he could sing it in English.

The instructor nodded and Henry’s proceeded to sing.

“Smile on my face, no one can stop me. What a beautiful day, c’mon girl sing with me” he sung and winked at the sad trainee who had sung before him. He managed to make her smile and giggle a little bit. Some other trainees giggled too.

It was then Brandon’s turn.

“I woke up in the city of my dreams, my life’s changed. What more can I ask for?” he sung very smoothly.

Carolina smiled nervously knowing it was her turn.

“Would you believe? My life is in circles right now, breath in, let go. Life won’t get better than this” Carolina sung while looking at the ground. Her voice was strong, they used to call her a power vocal. Everyone eyed her surprised. Her voice was different than the rest. Korea was used to agyeo and soft sweet voices, but hers was strong like Ailee’s but melodious like Adele’s.

Donghae coughed since it was his turn and Carolina was a hard act to follow.

“Stress after stress but I’ll get the reward. Super Junior-M is back, you’ll be left wanting more!” he sung but more in a sing-y song-y way. The trainees smiled since it was a cute melody promoting their comeback.

The last one of the group was Kyuhyun. He looked down at the ground.

“But when I wake today, my life is better than yesterday. Just believe, just believe…because in life that’s’ all we got” Kyuhyun sung in response to Carolina’s melody.

Carolina felt herself blush. She looked around to see if anyone had even noticed how he had responded to her melody, however everyone was already caught up listening to the rest of the trainees.

“WHAT IS HIS PROBLEM” she complained in her mind. The rest of her class continued into doing strange vocal exercises and muscle relaxing. Class was dismissed and Carolina was more than ready to leave. She thankfully, had no further classes or training for the day.

She was getting her things when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“I knew you sung well” the person spoke with the most confidence in the world.

She turned around and just like she suspected it was Kyuhyun.

“What does he want now?” she thought to herself.

“My voice is not considered good enough for this mainstream k-pop, but thank you now if you may excuse me” she begun to say trying to get herself out of the situation but Kyuhyun stopped her.

“You’re such a pessimist” he told her straight out and not going around the subject.

“Excuse me?” she demanded.

“You heard me Miss Pessimist” he replied.

Carolina looked him straight in the eye irritated.

“I am not a pessimist!” she denied.

“Then prove it, take a compliment for once. I’ll see you around” he replied coolly and headed out on his way.

Carolina frowned.

She was beginning to think she WAS a pessimist. She was surprised she had even gotten this far with that attitude.

Before she could think twice she ran out the door searching for Kyuhyun. She turned her head left and then right. She had no clue which way he had gone. She choose right. She ran and saw the elevator closing.

“Wait!” she yelled out. A foot stuck out through the middle, causing the elevator doors to re-open.

“Yes?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Thank you for the compliment. I-um”

She then remembered Sunshine. If Sunshine found out she would be so mad, but she couldn’t help but ask anyways.

“Can I go with you, to umm where ever you are going? I have the rest of the day off and I don’t really want to go back to the dorms” she managed to say.

Kyuhyun felt his mood lighten up the second she said those words.

“Are you sure you want to hang with the optimistic Kyuhyun, Miss pessimist?” he asked with a grin.

“I’m not a pessimist!” she retorted.

“Sure, sure” he replied as she got into the elevator and Kyuhyun pressed the button to the 8th floor.

***

Author's Note:

Thank you to the awesome people who have actually cared to comment and subscribe even though the quality of this story is in the gutter!

Love to you all!

-The Author