Bus to Seoul

Would You Believe?

I woke up in the middle of the night startled. I had been having horrible dreams, as soon as I woke up though, I no longer remembered anything from them. All I knew is that they were horrible enough to wake me up, and the rest of the crew who were only feet away sleeping in the bunk beds.

"Unnie, are you okay?" my crew member Krystal said walking over to me. I nodded and sat up.

"I'm fine, I guess I must be really nervous. I've been having crazy dreams!" I said and Krystal nodded.

"CAROLINA! CAROLINA! ARE YOU OKAY?" another crew member of mine, Manny, said and rushed over to us from the far end of the bus. Before I could say anything, Krystal took over the situation.

"Carolina just had a bad dream, let's go back to sleep!" she said shushing Manny before he woke everyone else up. They went to their bunk beds and I turned off the lights. We were all on a tour bus, in a few hours we would be arriving in Seoul, South Korea. Arriving at the headquarters of S.M Entertainment. Normally, we would have just arrived in Seoul by plane but we were requested to perform at a nearby city. We were quite popular. Our crew was really different. We were all of different ethnicities and backgrounds.

Krystal, who is Iu Mien American, is our groups composer. She is a year younger than me. She studied at a prestigious music school, making her one of the best composers of our generation. S.M did not think twice in hiring her.

Emmanuel, known by us as Manny, is Mexican American. He is our groups best dancer. He started dancing in the 4th grade and continued by being in dance classes in high school and university where he became proficient in almost every single type of dancing out there. When his university recommended him, S.M hired him right away too.

Jake, is Japanese American, he is a musician. He can play any instrument, and play it well. He can not dance at all but he can play the guitar, the flute, the piano, the drums, the cello, the violin, the harp, and it goes on.

Then there is Sunshine, her real name is Angeline but she hates it, so she changed it. She is Chinese American and is a singer/ dancer/ rapper. She is my competition. S.M hired her for her skills and so she can help the Chinese artist in S.M.

Brandon is our male singer. He is African American. His family actually is from Africa, he knows how to speak Swahili. He has such a soulful voice. S.M thought he would be a perfect addition.

Lastly there is me. I am a singer/dancer as well. I'm getting trained for acting too. I am a Mexican American. I am known for being a pretty good singer, more importantly for my pitch, they used to say I sung like Adele. I don't believe it. S.M hired me with the intentions of adding variety, having a person who is fluent in Korean, and being a back up singer for BoA.

This whole past week I had not been nervous, but today it finally got to me. I began to sweat too much. I got up to get a glass of water and found Jake inside the sound proof recording studio room. I wondered what he was doing so I stepped in.

"Can't sleep?" I asked. He looked up and smiled.

"Nope, I'm really nervous. So nervous that for a moment I forgot how to play the piano!" he said and laughed.

"You forgot how to play it? Is that even possible?" I asked surprised.

"I know right? I've been playing the piano since I was three! I thought I was going crazy!" he said and laughed some more.

"You are crazy" I said and smiled. He patted the spot next to him signaling me to sit beside him.

"So you are finally going to meet your wifey Jessica!" I said emphasizing the "wifey" part. He always claimed she was his wife. Now we were going to be at the same building as all of these k-pop idols.

"Now, that you mentioned my wife...I'm even more nervous!" he said and put his arms behind his neck.

"YA!" Krystal said coming into the room. She startled us both since it had been so quiet.

"KRYSTAL YOU SCARED US!" I complained and she just laughed.

"You can't sleep either?" Jake asked her. She sat in front of us and shook her head.

"I'm way too nervous to sleep! You guys don't do anything, I don't see why you guys are nervous!" she replied insulting Jake and I.

"Hey! I have to compose what you have to play" she said to Jake.

"Hey! Playing what you write is not easy!" he argued.

"Not my fault!" she said and stuck out her tongue at him.

"Hey, hey, hey! dancing and singing to what Jake plays and you write is SO not easy! I AM the finished product, the visual!" I said burning them both.

"YA!" they both said.

"Okay, so we are all important!" I said and smiled ending the argument.

"What time is it?" Krystal asked and grabbed her phone.

"Now, that you mention time! I am finally getting sleepy!" I said and yawned.

"Too late for that!" she replied.

"What? Why?" I complained and looked at her phone.

It read 5:30am.

"Omg!" I said and jumped up.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked confused.

"Dude, it's already 5:30am! I need to be ready in an hour! Hair, makeup and wardrobe! Oh my gosh, I'm not going to be ready in time!" I said and ran out of the room. Sunshine had already woken up and so had Brandon.

"Manny wake up!" I said and shook him.

"Why???" he said complaining and wrapped himself up with his blankets.

"Dude, WE HAVE AN HOUR!" I screamed. Right away his eyes opened.

"You could have just said that!" he said getting up.

I could not believe it, less than 60 minutes and we would become official trainees of S.M Entertainment! Or so we thought...