Chapter Six

Eighteen

The week passed by smoothly, as the six friends were busier than ever.

 

Tiffany leaned on Yunho. “Jeez, I didn’t think senior year would be this hard. Junior year was already bad, I didn’t think it would get worse.”

 

“After college apps, I think second semester will be a breeze. Stop worrying so much.” Sooyoung reminded her.

 

“That’s easy for you to say. You’re smart, you’re gonna go to Seoul University. I can only dream of going to such a place.” Tiffany sighed.

 

“Don’t say that, you’re going to get in wherever you go.” Yunho reassured Tiffany. Sooyoung gave Yunho a grateful smile.

 

Sooyoung would never admit it, but she was secretly envious of the relationship Yunho and Tiffany had. Yunho and Tiffany placed so much trust in each other. It was only a matter of time before it would turn into more.

 

If only I could feel that way with Changmin… Sooyoung thought sadly. Her thoughts were immediately interrupted.

 

“So are you guys going to be at my place on Friday?” A fellow classmate came up to them with a his usual lazy grin.

 

Sooyoung groaned while Tiffany squealed in delight. “I forgot about your annual beginning of the year party, Seungri. Sorry man.” Yunho said apologetically.

 

“It’s all good, bro. But since we’re seniors, I’ve decided to make this party even wilder this year. So, you guys can all make it?”

 

Seungri glanced at Sooyoung. He smirked. “Look what we have here. Sooyoung’s finally turned into a girl. I don’t think the male population at Whimoon minds, though.”

 

“And you all wonder why I dressed like a tomboy this whole time…” She muttered.

 

“Yeah, we’ll be there. Why are you so worried, Seungri?” Tiffany asked curiously. Seungri hesitated.

 

“Are any of you close to Seohyun?” He rubbed the back of his head, blushing.

 

Sooyoung pinched his cheek. “Oh, little Seungri has a crush on Seohyun! How adorable.”

 

“I’m planning to make my move at the party. I have some romantic things planned at the end of the party, so I just wanted to warn you all.” Seungri informed them.

 

“Of course, this is going to be so cute.” Tiffany, being the hopeless romantic out the bunch, clapped her hands excitedly.

 

“Awesome. See you all Friday.”

 

~~~~~

 

“Why. Is. He. Here.” Changmin growled.

 

“Calm down, Changmin. It’s just Kyuhyun. Sooyoung can bring whoever she wants.” Junsu also looked at where Sooyoung and Kyuhyun were sitting a few feet away, feeding each other.

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Yunho held Changmin back from making the situation worse. Changmin swore under his breath. He knew he shouldn’t have been threatened by the mere presence of Cho Kyuhyun, whom he considered to be beneath him, but with all the rumors flying around about him and Sooyoung, he wanted nothing more than to make Kyuhyun regret coming near her.

 

“You have got to be kidding me. Your brothers must be quite the handful at home.” Sooyoung threw her head back in laughter.

 

“You need to meet my family soon. They’d love you.” Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up when he saw Sooyoung nod furiously at his suggestion.

 

“I would be so happy if you introduced me.” A comfortable silence passed over them, until Kyuhyun summoned the courage to interlace his fingers in hers. Sooyoung gasped softly, unaware of the five pairs of eyes on them.

 

“Okay, that’s it! I’ve had enough of watching this.” Changmin pulled away from Junsu and Yunho’s grip.

 

Changmin walked over to the couple. Sooyoung immediately let go of Kyuhyun’s hand. “I hate to interrupt, but we all thought it would be nice if we got the chance to get to know Kyuhyun better. You don’t mind, right Sooyoung?” Changmin’s voice was sugary sweet.

 

Sooyoung flashed him an equally fake smile. “That’s a great idea. Why don’t you go talk to my friends, Kyuhyunnie oppa?” She batted her eyelashes at Kyuhyun, knowing this would infuriate Changmin even more.

 

Kyuhyun was about to turn around when Sooyoung grabbed his sleeve and drew him in for a kiss. It wasn’t just a peck on the lips, but a crushing, passionate kiss. Kyuhyun’s mouth was agape when she finally let him go. “I…Uh…You…” Kyuhyun stammered, stumbling towards her friends, who were as surprised as he was. Sooyoung grinned in satisfaction upon seeing Changmin’s reaction. Steam might as well have been coming out of his ears.

 

“Changmin, you seem a little frustrated. What’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked innocently.

 

“Well played, well played. You’re really asking for it now, aren’t you?” Changmin said in a low voice that only Sooyoung could hear.

 

“He’s my boyfriend, Changmin. Just be happy that it wasn’t you I was kissing. I know how much that would disgust you.” Sooyoung ignored his question.

 

“Why are you doing this?” Changmin was frantic now. He had no idea what to do. The only girl he ever felt like he was starting to get attached to was taken, only as a result of his ignorance.

 

A pang of remorse and longing stabbed her. “It’s too late,” she whispered, “I can’t keep playing these games with you.”

 

“Sooyoung…” He tried to plead with her. “I’m sorry.”

 

She looked at him indignantly. “You’re sorry? You’re only sorry because you didn’t get your way. So what makes you think you’ll get it this time?” She brushed him aside.

 

Changmin had a splitting headache. All he wanted to do was to show Sooyoung that he was serious. Kyuhyun or no Kyuhyun, he wanted to learn more about Sooyoung. He was already three years late, but he wanted to make up for it. He had never not gotten his way before.

 

Choi Sooyoung wouldn’t be an exception.

 

~~~~~

 

“Come on now baby, don’t die on me. Start. Start. Start.” Sooyoung chanted incessantly. She had tried several times to start her car, but she couldn’t. She slammed her steering wheel.

 

“Okay, eighteenth time’s the charm.” She exhaled. Her car still wouldn’t start.

 

“Fine. I gotta get someone to jumpstart this.” Sooyoung talked to herself in resignation. She leaped out of the car, walking back to the campus. Unfortunately, her parking space was at nearest the field and farthest away from the school.

 

It was also late, as she tutored underclassmen on Mondays. The sky was almost completely dark and the parking lot was empty with the exception of  a few cars. She walked at a fast pace, knowing it was too dark to be walking alone.

 

She caught sight of a man behind her who called her name. She turned around, seeing the man at her car. He was dressed in a suit, looking quite older than she was. She ran up to him.

 

“Oh thank god, can you help me sir? My phone’s dead so I can’t call anyone, I was wondering if-“ The man held a handkerchief to her nose, causing her to become unconscious immediately. A black SUV with tinted windows pulled up, and the man laid her body in the back seat of the car.

 

“Did you knock her out with the drugs?” The man driving the vehicle addressed him.

 

“Yes, very easily actually. He will be pleased when we bring her to him.” He jumped into the car, and they sped off.

 

 

 

A/N: A short update for today. And for those who are reading my other fic, “We’re Dating” I will be updating that very soon! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)